PDA

View Full Version : Clinton declines Fox News invitation to proposed Dem debate

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2016, 10:42 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/56jOPFq.jpg

Hillary Clinton's campaign has declined an invitation to a proposed Fox News-hosted Democratic presidential debate that her primary opponent Bernie Sanders tentatively accepted last week.

The campaign released a statement Monday, almost a week after Fox News invited both Democratic presidential candidates to a final debate in California before the June 7 primaries.

"We have declined Fox News' invitation to participate in a debate in California," Clinton Campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri said in a statement. "As we have said previously, we plan to compete hard in the remaining primary states, particularly California, while turning our attention to the threat a Donald Trump presidency poses.

"We believe that Hillary Clinton's time is best spent campaigning and meeting directly with voters across California and preparing for a general election campaign that will ensure the White House remains in Democratic hands."

“Naturally, Fox News is disappointed that Secretary Clinton has declined our debate invitation, especially given that the race is still contested and she had previously agreed to a final debate before the California primary," Bill Sammon, Fox News VP and Washington Managing Editor said in a statement.

Sanders’ campaign tentatively accepted the invitation last week under the assumption they could reach a "mutual agreement” with Clinton.

Sanders said in a statement Monday night he was "disappointed but not surprised" by Clinton's decision not to participate.

“The state of California and the United States face some enormous crises. Democracy, and respect for the voters of California, would suggest that there should be a vigorous debate in which the voters may determine whose ideas they support. I hope Secretary Clinton reconsiders her unfortunate decision to back away from her commitment to debate.

"I also would suggest that Secretary Clinton may want to be not quite so presumptuous about thinking that she is a certain winner. In the last several weeks, the people of Indiana, West Virginia and Oregon have suggested otherwise," he said.

The Vermont senator echoed his statement at a campaign apperance in Santa Monica, Calif. Monday night.

"I gotta tell you this," Sanders said, "I think it is a little bit insulting to the people of California, our largest state, that she is not prepared to have a discussion with me about how she will help the Californians address the major crises that we face."

The campaigns earlier this year agreed in principle to hold a May debate.

California is one of six states holding Democratic primaries or caucuses on June 7. The others are Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, and North and South Dakota.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Fox is disappointed because they want ratings
Hillary is declining because she knows she will be exposed as a fraud the more she debates

FBD
05-24-2016, 08:14 PM
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Screen-Shot-2016-05-23-at-3.26.08-PM-950x1024.jpg

oh wait, there's like 7 of these pictures full of donations :dance:

they should have guccifer on

PorkChopSandwiches
05-24-2016, 08:15 PM
:lol:

FBD
05-24-2016, 08:33 PM
and that's not even "donations" to the clinton slush fund....oh I mean "foundation"

PorkChopSandwiches
05-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I know. She makes a fortune giving "talks"

FBD
05-25-2016, 09:01 PM
kinda lie she "made $100k" "trading" cattle futures

Recall:

Hillary Rodham Clinton was allowed to order 10 cattle futures contracts, normally a $12,000 investment, in her first commodity trade in 1978 although she had only $1,000 in her account at the time, according to trade records the White House released yesterday.

The computerized records of her trades, which the White House obtained from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, show for the first time how she was able to turn her initial investment into $6,300 overnight. In about 10 months of trading, she made nearly $100,000, relying heavily on advice from her friend James B. Blair, an experienced futures trader.

In a 1998 article, Marshall Magazine, a publication of the Marshall School of Business, sought to frame the trading, the nature of the results, and possible explanations for them:

These results are quite remarkable. Two-thirds of her trades showed a profit by the end of the day she made them and 80 percent were ultimately profitable. Many of her trades took place at or near the best prices of the day. Only four explanations can account for these remarkable results. Blair may have been an exceptionally good trader. Hillary Clinton may have been exceptionally lucky. Blair may have been front-running other orders. Or Blair may have arranged to have a broker fraudulently assign trades to benefit Clinton's account.

In a fall 1994 paper for the Journal of Economics and Finance, economists from the University of North Florida and Auburn University investigated the odds of gaining a hundred-fold return in the cattle futures market during the period in question. Using a model that was stated to give the hypothetical investor the benefit of the doubt, they concluded that the odds of such a return happening were at best 1 in 31 trillion

perrhaps
05-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Fox News should hold the debate. Let Sanders speak, and drape an ugly pantsuit over an empty chair.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2016, 03:52 PM
:rofl:

RBP
05-26-2016, 03:57 PM
In the latest twist to this unpredictable 2016 presidential race, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders independently agreed Wednesday night to debate each other.

On ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Trump was asked if he would consider holding a debate with Sanders.

“Yes, I am,” the presumptive Republican nominee replied. “How much is he going to pay me? If I debated him, we would have such high ratings, I think I should take that money and give it to charity.”

Soon after, Sanders published a tweet that said, “Game On. I look forward to debating Donald Trump in California before the June 7th primary.”

Muddy
05-26-2016, 04:24 PM
That'll be a good watch.. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2016, 04:38 PM
It would be awesome because Hitlery wouldn't be there, making her look even more foolish

RBP
05-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Trump just said he will debate Bernie if the network gives the proceeds to charity. He put the price at $10 million to go to women's health charities.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2016, 07:06 PM
It will be awesome if they do it, which I think they will. And just treat Clinton like she isnt even in the race anymore :rofl: She will MELT DOWN

RBP
05-26-2016, 07:09 PM
It will be awesome if they do it, which I think they will. And just treat Clinton like she isnt even in the race anymore :rofl: She will MELT DOWN

:+1:

FBD
05-26-2016, 07:48 PM
its awesome seeing trump bang the mfg drum

live now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8soRz1cAA