PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested with gun, marijuana and box of squirrels

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2016, 11:44 AM
By: Charlie Langton - FOX 2 News

http://i.imgur.com/kJnxn7d.jpg

CHESTERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJBK) - A bizarre bust in Chesterfield Township.

A man is arrested for illegally having a gun and marijuana - while also holding a box of live baby squirrels.

"Obviously you never know what you're going to find when you are digging into a vehicle," said Police Chief Brad Kersten.

A week ago in Chesterfield Township Ian Breiholz was going through a garbage bin. Cops were called and found a gun, some medical marijuana, and more.

"The individual was arrested and a subsequent search of the vehicle turned up a cardboard box of with some squirrels," Kersten said. "Some baby squirrels on the inside."

Squirrels? Breiholz, 32, was convicted of criminal sexual conduct in 2007. He was sentenced three years in prison, but as a felon, he can't have a gun.

But squirrels?

"It's not illegal to possess them, ah, different," said Kersten said.

Cops tell us that Breiholz likes to go through garbage and one day he found these baby squirrels.

FOX 2: "He appeared to be taking care of these squirrels?"

"It appeared to be that," said Kersten.

FOX 2: "A good humanitarian thing."

"His good side was coming out," Kersten said.

But the bad side for Breiholz, is now he's got to face charges of felony in possession of a weapon and improperly transporting medical marijuana. But what happened to the squirrels?

"The squirrels were turned over to the animal control department of Macomb County," Kersten said. "And the last we checked they were going to be released."

Ironically, Ian was released too, but on a personal bond. He'll be back in court at the end of May, likely without the squirrels.

Goofy
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM
You had me at "box of squirrels" :lol:

RBP
05-24-2016, 01:21 PM
I think he's confused on what "reaching in the box checking for squirrels" means. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-24-2016, 04:36 PM
"improperly transporting medical marijuana"

To the chair you heathen!