PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina school system proposes ban on skinny jeans

Teh One Who Knocks
05-25-2016, 10:09 AM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/Wu16wp7.jpg

WILMINGTON, N.C. – A North Carolina school system's proposal to ban skinny jeans and other tight pants has drawn a flood of opposition from students and parents.

The New Hanover County School System in the Wilmington area is considering a policy that prohibits all students from wearing leggings, skinny jeans and "any other excessively tight fitting pants" unless worn with a top or dress that "must cover the posterior in its entirety," local media outlets report.

School Board Vice Chairwoman Jeannette Nichols said the proposal was developed after some "bigger girls" were being bullied because of their tight jeans.

Chris Furner, a parent of a first-grade student at Parsley Elementary School, told the StarNews of Wilmington that although parents are concerned about the issue of bullying, changing the dress code might not be the best way to address the situation.

"From my perspective, telling people that they can't wear something because they are being bullied takes away the choice from them," he said. "They could have the choice to change their clothes if that is the case."

Furner said the focus could be placed on teaching students how to interact with one another.

On social media sites, one parent accused the school board of body shaming, while a student asked whether the board would buy her a new wardrobe.

Nichols said that, because of the number of comments coming in, she would likely recommend the proposal be brought back to the policy committee for more discussion.

deebakes
05-25-2016, 11:28 AM
"bigger girls" are always the problem :|

Goofy
05-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Ban them on men :thumbsup:

deebakes
05-25-2016, 11:55 AM
jezter would be upset if you banned bigger girls on men :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-25-2016, 03:40 PM
:suicide:

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2016, 08:35 PM
bring back the bootcut.... I hate wearing regular/slim fit jeans

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2016, 08:35 PM
They sell boot cut jeans all over the place here :dunno:

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2016, 09:31 PM
they aint in style over here.... and haven't been for years

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2016, 09:55 PM
:-s

Who cares? Follow your own style. Forge your own path. Be your own man, man!

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2016, 10:38 PM
who cares? The shops care. If something is not in style then people don't buy it and id people don't buy it then its taking up space that can be used to display things that people do buy.

That's why I said to bring back the other jeans, because no one stocks them over here.

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2016, 11:28 PM
:-k

You can't buy them online?

PorkChopSandwiches
05-27-2016, 03:55 PM
Have we forgot about baller jeans

FBD
05-27-2016, 04:13 PM
its getting ridiculous when I can fit into a 30 waist but need the thigh size of what comes in a 34 or larger...I gotta try shit on before buying, least I be complaining like a woman that these pants just dont fit me :lol:

Hugh_Janus
05-28-2016, 03:22 AM
:-k

You can't buy them online?

I probably could, but I don't buy clothes online.... but who wants to look like they still live in the noughties?

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2016, 11:29 AM
but who wants to look like they still live in the noughties?

People that don't bow down to peer pressure? People who have grown up and realized that what's "in style" at any given moment is just marketing horseshit, and that it's really ok to wear whatever they find comfortable?

All the real cool kids don't worry about trends. They have their own style.

Hugh_Janus
05-29-2016, 11:42 PM
did you not read the first bit of what I said?

DemonGeminiX
05-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Sure did, but I felt like throwing down some philosophy. I completely understand that the first bit plus the earlier post about availability limits your options.