PDA

View Full Version : Incredible X-ray shows the shattered face of a farmer who cut his face off with a CHAINSAW - before crawling to his car and driving himself to hospital

Teh One Who Knocks
06-01-2016, 11:28 AM
By Liam Quinn For Daily Mail Australia

http://i.imgur.com/Tp5QKy9.jpg

A man who sliced his face open with a chainsaw while working on his farm has miraculously survived by driving himself to hospital after 'tying his head together' with bandages in his car.

Bill Singleton, 68, was working on his property in Ballarat, about 100 kilometres west of Melbourne, when he lost control of his chainsaw on May 6, according to the Herald Sun.

Mr Singleton desperately made his made to his car and started driving to the nearest hospital because he was unable to call for an ambulance after slicing his tongue in half.

The grandfather's fight for survival didn't end when he pulled into the hospital car park, with the 68-year-old saying he almost passed out and had to force himself to get back up.

'I was two thirds of the way there and things started to spin, the lights went dark... I dropped to my knees and was on all fours,' he told the newspaper.

Mr Singleton was quickly airlifted to the Royal Melbourne Hospital, after staff looked at his wounds and saw he had cut into his face as far back as his wisdom teeth.

But luckily, the chainsaw stopped just a centimetre short of his carotid artery and larynx, according to the Herald Sun.

An x-ray of of the 68-year-old's head shows the huge hole that was cut into his face by the chainsaw.

A large gap is visible in the x-ray, while it is also possible to identify where the teeth knocked out by the blade had been.

One of the surgeons who worked on Mr Singleton said if he had hit his carotid artery with the saw, he in all likelihood would have died.

'If he got that carotid artery in the paddock, the freeway of the arteries, he'd probably be dead,' Professor Alf Nastri said.

'When a chainsaw grabs, it grabs and goes deeper. It was not dissimilar to treating a gunshot wound.'

Mr Singleton is back at home recovering, and said he will continue to work with chainsaws in future.

Goofy
06-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Holy fuck *shivers*

deebakes
06-01-2016, 12:14 PM
:dunce:

redred
06-01-2016, 12:22 PM
any other pictures :lol:

deebakes
06-01-2016, 12:23 PM
i assume you are already looking :lol:

redred
06-01-2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/aussie-guts-saves-victorian-man-after-chainsaw-slices-open-his-face-20160601-gp93t7.html

video and photo :lol:

deebakes
06-01-2016, 12:59 PM
:lol:

FBD
06-02-2016, 10:13 AM
lol carotid.....proba bly,,,,,ya think????