PDA

View Full Version : Drunk passed out in Taco Bell drive-thru gets his 5th DWI ticket

Teh One Who Knocks
06-17-2011, 01:40 PM
The Appleton Posct-Crescent

APPLETON — An Appleton man was arrested on suspicion of fifth-offense drunken driving early Wednesday after passing out behind the wheel of his running vehicle in a fast food drive-through lane.

Bryan J. Jens, 27, was charged Thursday in Outagamie County Court with felony drunken driving, marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving after revocation.

Police were called to the Taco Bell at the intersection of Richmond Street and Northland Avenue just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.

An officer knocked on Jens' window, but couldn't get his attention. When police finally got him to wake up, he turned up the volume on his car stereo and started bobbing his head to the music.

Police commanded Jens to turn off his vehicle several times, "and he did not even acknowledge that they were in his presence," the complaint says.

Blood test results weren't available, but the circumstances suggest a "significantly high blood alcohol concentration," Assistant Dist. Atty. Nicholas Bolz said.

During the incident, Jens referred to a female officer as "baby" and "honey," the complaint says.

When an officer asked Jens to submit to field sobriety tests he replied, "C'mon, we're not all stupid here. Do you even need to do these on me? Serious. C'mon."

Police found the marijuana and drug paraphernalia during a search of his car.

Court Commissioner Maureen Roberts Budiac ordered Jens held on a $5,000 cash bond. He'll return to court June 23 for further proceedings.

RBP
06-17-2011, 02:41 PM
I like his attitude anyway. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
This could have been someone I know,

Godfather
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Wow. 5 times?

Laws must be a lot more strict on drunk driving up here. After one fail you're so fucked you probably wouldn't be able to afford getting your license back. After 3 you'd probably never see your license again and spend time in prison.

This is the consequence of failing once:

FAIL means your BAC is above 0.08. If you fail or refuse to provide a breath sample:

* You will immediately lose your driver’s licence for 90 days and your vehicle for 30 days.
* You will pay all related towing and storage fees.
* You will pay a $500 monetary penalty and a $250 driver's licence reinstatement fee.
* To regain your driving privileges, you will have to complete the Responsible Drivers Program [PDF] and have to use an Ignition Interlock Device [PDF] whenever you drive, for one full year, following your driving suspension.
* In all, you will face administrative consequences that will cost you about $4,060 before you can legally operate a motor vehicle again in B.C.
* You may also face charges under the Criminal Code of Canada.

MrsM
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
And he's only 27 - this guy needs his license taken away - although some how I don't think that will stop him from driving

Muddy
06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
You can take his license but really the guy is a deep seated out of control alcoholic...

Deepsepia
06-17-2011, 05:32 PM
An officer knocked on Jens' window, but couldn't get his attention. When police finally got him to wake up, he turned up the volume on his car stereo and started bobbing his head to the music.

Excellent!

I believe a surveillance camera captured the scene

http://picload.org/image/lalowo/spicoli.jpg

deebakes
06-18-2011, 01:49 AM
It's wisconsin, what do you honestly expect? :-k