PDA

View Full Version : Student announces white privilege day at Nicolet HS, school officials say

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2016, 12:12 PM
By Terry Sater - WISN Channel 12

http://i.imgur.com/Z7AStm8.jpg

GLENDALE, Wis. —Nicolet High School administrators alerted parents Wednesday to what they called a “derogatory and offensive demonstration” involving a Confederate flag inside a classroom.

Parents said a student showed up to school with the flag and announced during an English class that it was white privilege day.

Police were called to the school, and the student was suspended.

Nicolet High School Principal Gregory Kabara sent an email to parents, letting them know what happened.

“This action disrupted the class and upset many students. While district policy allows for students to initiate conversation about a controversial issue, it must be presented in the ordinary course of classroom instruction and cannot be disruptive to the educational setting. The student's actions were a clear violation of this policy,” Kabara’s statement read in part.

Graduating senior Hannah McBride said the student’s action is an incorrect depiction of students at Nicolet High School.

“I think it’s a really terrible thing to happen for our school,” McBride said. “I don’t think it’s an accurate representation of the student body at Nicolet.”

She said the student should have exercised better judgment.

“The student should have known better,” McBride said.

Kabara said the incident has been taken seriously by school administrators and is under investigation. School personnel are being made available for students to talk with about the incident, he said.

deebakes
06-03-2016, 12:15 PM
:ffs:

Goofy
06-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Go whitey :woot:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Go whitey :woot:

:racist:

Goofy
06-03-2016, 12:32 PM
I meant 'go whitney'........

8-[

fricnjay
06-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2016, 02:03 PM
There have been court cases that have already affirmed a school's right to restrict the full coverage of the First Amendment if it is disruptive to the school

FBD
06-03-2016, 02:07 PM
and they've already declared a 100 mile perimeter around the country is a constitution free zone

basically means my entire state :roll:

fricnjay
06-03-2016, 02:13 PM
There have been court cases that have already affirmed a school's right to restrict the full coverage of the First Amendment if it is disruptive to the school

That's why there is the 9th Amendment and why I included it.