PDA

View Full Version : F1

SmoothBob
06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Howay!

Any F1 fans out there? :wave:

Jings I recon this is the most exciting season i've seen! The new DFS system is no perfect but is certainly making it interesting! I mean come on, how much passing is being done? When was the last time there was races and on the last lap there was 4 or 5 cars could still win!

Look at Canada last week, that had everything! Red flag for 2 hrs and Button wins when at one point he was 21st! :shock:

Hamilton slowly loosing his mind, russia's 1st driver in F1 and he's pretty good! Nakajima showing the kamikaze attitude is still going.. There's loadsa things!

Anyway, there's threads for nearly every sport and i cannae be the only fan..

Vensey
06-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Your centainly not the only fan out there! I'm a bit gutted as I missed Canada...although I had a good excuse, I was in Le Mans for the 24 hours...

Whats going on with these Hamilton/Red Bull rumours as well??? or is that pure media speculation :-k

SmoothBob
06-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Your centainly not the only fan out there! I'm a bit gutted as I missed Canada...although I had a good excuse, I was in Le Mans for the 24 hours...

Whats going on with these Hamilton/Red Bull rumours as well??? or is that pure media speculation :-k

You were there dude? Nice! :mrgreen:

I recon it's all media speculation. I know it looks like Hamilton is going off rails but dont think it would be that far. For one thing he certainly wouldn't do something like that with the Red Bull garage right next door to McLarens, he couldn't be that stupid. And possible contract talks would not be Hamilton and Horner in a paddock, it would be lawyers and agents without Hamilton even being there. I know Webber is thinking of moving on and Vettel and Hamilton are probably the top two drivers in F1 right now and with there ages they both will be for years to come but could they both be at the same team? Who would be top dog? Right now everyone knows where they stand.

And next season, when the new regs come in, the consensus is that McLaren and Red Bulls are going to switch positions again because the Red Bull is going to loose there fast cornering speeds and McLaren have a solid car.

But after saying all that i wouldnae be shocked to see ALL of that change! :mrgreen:

Broom Broom

Vensey
06-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Well you never know stranger things have happened over the years... Things aren't really going Hamiltons way at McLaren and Mr Smooth Button fits the corporate image better given recent events involving the young Lewis... If we are led to believe that Webber will move on at the end of the season a straight swap doesn't seem that bad of a deal... Even Ferrari might be an option given the form of Massa?

I haven't seen the new regs for next year, whats the low down? :-k

Goofy
06-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I watched the Canadian GP purely because there was lots of rain and no footy on tv :lol: Best race ive seen in years :tup: They should install sprinkler systems at all the tracks and soak the track pre-race (and during it :lol: ), makes it far more exciting :lol: Shame Di Resta had to ram someone up the arse, he was looking good for a top 5 spot at one stage

SmoothBob
06-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Button's my favourite driver, has been for years. I got two mates and myself, every race day the 3 of us get together at one of our houses and watch the race. 2 of us are Button fans, the other Hamilton, so he's been gettin a lot o grief last few races. When Hamilton hit Button we were nearly for throwing him oot, worked out well, but been a few times now..

I have heard it's Massa going to take Webber's place, dont know if thats true but heard that in a few places. Heard Webber was going to leave F1 alogether but again who knows?

The new regs are to do with the exhaust design, changes will be in effect from the British GP this season but Charlie Whiting has already said that more will be imposed next year and there's goin to be engine changes to.

It will be a bad year for anyone to think about moving teams because no-one really knows what impact the new cars will have..

SmoothBob
06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I watched the Canadian GP purely because there was lots of rain and no footy on tv :lol: Best race ive seen in years :tup: They should install sprinkler systems at all the tracks and soak the track pre-race (and during it :lol: ), makes it far more exciting :lol: Shame Di Resta had to ram someone up the arse, he was looking good for a top 5 spot at one stage

Absolutley!

Di Resta kinda screwed up Monaco too, but lets be honest, he's a rookie and Monaco is punishing and Canada would have been his first wet race so he shows promise.

I'd suggest watch some more o the season bud, it really has been the most entertaining in years!

Goofy
06-18-2011, 12:15 PM
I am taking a bit more interest in it this season - mostly due to a Scotsman being in it :lol:

SmoothBob
06-18-2011, 12:22 PM
And Desperate Dan commentates! http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/10/21/article-1322654-0BB59AD1000005DC-950_224x230.jpg

Vensey
06-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Button's my favourite driver, has been for years. I got two mates and myself, every race day the 3 of us get together at one of our houses and watch the race. 2 of us are Button fans, the other Hamilton, so he's been gettin a lot o grief last few races. When Hamilton hit Button we were nearly for throwing him oot, worked out well, but been a few times now..

I have heard it's Massa going to take Webber's place, dont know if thats true but heard that in a few places. Heard Webber was going to leave F1 alogether but again who knows?

The new regs are to do with the exhaust design, changes will be in effect from the British GP this season but Charlie Whiting has already said that more will be imposed next year and there's goin to be engine changes to.

It will be a bad year for anyone to think about moving teams because no-one really knows what impact the new cars will have..

Big fan of Button over here to... Mr Smooth always seems to come out of things smelling of roses! Not sure about Massa at Red Bull... can see him dropping down the grid a bit further.... Just catching up on the Canadian grand prix in the background! :thumbsup:

redred
06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
They should install sprinkler systems at all the tracks and soak the track pre-race (and during it :lol: ),

bernie likes the idea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1368841/Bernie-Ecclestone-claims-F1-sprinkler-likely-future.html

Goofy
06-19-2011, 10:11 AM
bernie likes the idea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1368841/Bernie-Ecclestone-claims-F1-sprinkler-likely-future.html

Awesome :shock:

Arkady Renko
06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Vettel and Hamilton together on the same team would probably be as explosive as Senna and Prost at McLaren back in the day, at least as wild as Hamilton vs. Alonso. But I think ultimately Hamilton wouldn't stand a chance. Vettel keeps moving into the "zen" direction where he settles for a 2nd place instead of pushing do-or-die for the win and risking to go blank. Hamilton is becoming inceasingly reckless and will probably end up getting himself and/or another driver killed.

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Vettel and Hamilton together on the same team would probably be as explosive as Senna and Prost at McLaren back in the day, at least as wild as Hamilton vs. Alonso. But I think ultimately Hamilton wouldn't stand a chance. Vettel keeps moving into the "zen" direction where he settles for a 2nd place instead of pushing do-or-die for the win and risking to go blank. Hamilton is becoming inceasingly reckless and will probably end up getting himself and/or another driver killed.

Yip, thats how I see it too.

Hugh_Janus
06-20-2011, 05:10 PM

settle for 2nd.... he only does that because he can't overtake without hitting anyone :lol:

also, I'm not hamilton's biggest fan, but apart from the canada crashes, I don't think the incidents were his fault

and TBH, the sport needs agressiv eovertakers like him

Berto
06-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Excellent thread bob, 'moan the Button lol redbull should get the smiles wiped of there face by silverstone when there exhaust witchcraft gets removed!! Did i say 'MOAN THE BUTTON!! 

Hugh_Janus
06-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Excellent thread bob, 'moan the Button lol redbull should get the smiles wiped of there face by silverstone when there exhaust witchcraft gets removed!! Did i say 'MOAN THE BUTTON!! 

word....

what's good about this season though is the fact even though vettel's so far been running away with it, is the fact that I don't really care because the racing has been pretty fookin epic! Last season, if someone was this dominant, it would suck

Berto
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Iv just read on the BBC sports F1 page that they believe schumacher is on form after one good result!! I think he should stand down at end of season and let someone else have a chance because there are some great up and coming drivers. I don't think he needs the money or the fame. 'Moan the Button.

Goofy
06-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Schumacher doesn't have the car to be constantly competitive like he was in his heyday......... but i do agree its time for him to step down and let some new blood have a chance

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 05:45 PM
MOAN THE BUTTON!!!:mrgreen:

Goofy
06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
'mon Di Resta :tup:

Hugh_Janus
06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Iv just read on the BBC sports F1 page that they believe schumacher is on form after one good result!! I think he should stand down at end of season and let someone else have a chance because there are some great up and coming drivers. I don't think he needs the money or the fame. 'Moan the Button.

you say that.... "up and coming" but for the most part, they're pretty shit :lol:

Goofy
06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
you say that.... "up and coming" but for the most part, they're pretty shit :lol:

Di Resta seems to be doing pretty well considering he has a mediocre car ;) Vettel, Hamilton etc were up and coming stars at one point.......

Hugh_Janus
06-20-2011, 05:59 PM
what about the piquets, alguersuaris, bourdais' etc.... Let's be honest, most of the new blood in F1 are there because of their financial backing and not their talent

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 06:10 PM
There is some young blood out there def showing talent, Petrov for 1, Di Resta another, Kubica too!:thumbsup:

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/lewis_anthony_hamilton.jpg

Berto
06-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Bernie ecclestone came up with that idea to make it more exciting!! DRS and KERS are doing fine lol

Berto
06-22-2011, 07:44 PM

You try driving a car like that let's see how well you do 

Berto
06-22-2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/lewis_anthony_hamilton.jpg
Stop threatening me mr Hamilton I will do Suzuka!!!

Hugh_Janus
06-22-2011, 08:01 PM
You try driving a car like that let's see how well you do 

:wha: where did I say I was any good as a driver? The fact I'm not a racing driver doesn't mean I can't say someone's shit :dance:

SmoothBob
06-22-2011, 09:21 PM
:wha: where did I say I was any good as a driver? The fact I'm not a racing driver doesn't mean I can't say someone's shit :dance:

:beatdown::lol2:

Berto
06-22-2011, 10:15 PM
'mon Di Resta :tup:
Di Resta is good and i hope he does well, hes from a wee toon not far from me and smoothbob, i will watch his progress with anticipation.

Berto
06-22-2011, 10:20 PM
http://blog.cognac-expert.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/knockout.jpg

Berto
06-22-2011, 10:22 PM
LMAO:lol:

SmoothBob
06-25-2011, 01:01 AM
12hrs till quali.. :tapfoot:

SmoothBob
06-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Q3 - Hell Webber was lucky!

SmoothBob
06-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Button only 6th, booooooo!

Berto
06-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes not good!! Let's hope buttons race trim Is better than his quali, not allowing the teams to change the remap in quali hasn't made a blind bit of difference, that red bull prick is still in front Grrrrr

Berto
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
It was funny seeing Lewis in the NASCAR doing donuts and shouting "shake n bake" 

Berto
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
'MOAN THE BUTTON

Goofy
06-26-2011, 01:40 PM
what about the piquets, alguersuaris, bourdais' etc.... Let's be honest, most of the new blood in F1 are there because of their financial backing and not their talent

Yeah, it is an exclusive bunch that get to have a go at F1, if you dont have money then you cant afford to get your foot on the ladder......... doesnt mean there's no talent there though ;)

Bernie ecclestone came up with that idea to make it more exciting!! DRS and KERS are doing fine lol

Well, its been thoroughly boring pish today......... 'mon the sprinklers!

Berto
06-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Yep totally agree with you goofy what a pish race!! Hopefully the removal of the exhaust gizmo that's helping them, will change things. What about a reverse grid like they do in NASCAR and TOCA (touring cars) I'm watching touring cars too hehe shiny banger racing lol http://90right.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/auto-windscreens-plato09.jpgI went to see it 2 years ago at sunny Knockhill it was awesome 

SmoothBob
06-26-2011, 08:18 PM
After saying its been such a great season, and then we have another crap spanish GP..

Heres tae two weeks time! :)

Hugh_Janus
06-26-2011, 10:49 PM
£50 says the british GP won't be as exciting as the others (unless there's rain)

also, today's race sucked baws, but if this race was last year's, then it probably would've been labeled as a goodun

redred
06-27-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm watching touring cars too hehe shiny banger racing lol

http://i.imgur.com/geVph.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rZuKx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dkgk0.jpg

i didn't like shiny ones :lol:

SmoothBob
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Lewis Hamilton swaping F1 for Nascar at Watkins Glen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcaPxyXpamk

Arkady Renko
06-27-2011, 04:05 PM

is it that bad already?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-27-2011, 04:29 PM
The Watkins Glen track is one of the two road courses on the NASCAR circuit. I'm sure that's why he was trying the car out there.

I remember Jeff Gordon and a different F1 driver who's name escapes me right this minute did the same thing at Indianapolis a few years ago....took a ride in each others vehicles.

Although I would imagine this would have been easier for Stewart in the F1 car since he raced Indy cars for several years before jumping to NASCAR. I bet the stock car was quite foreign to Hamilton.

Hugh_Janus
06-27-2011, 05:36 PM
The Watkins Glen track is one of the two road courses on the NASCAR circuit. I'm sure that's why he was trying the car out there.

I remember Jeff Gordon and a different F1 driver who's name escapes me right this minute did the same thing at Indianapolis a few years ago....took a ride in each others vehicles.

Although I would imagine this would have been easier for Stewart in the F1 car since he raced Indy cars for several years before jumping to NASCAR. I bet the stock car was quite foreign to Hamilton.
it was montoya, the guy that's racing there now :lol:

Vid of JG in the F1 car.... LOL at his head almost hitting the steering wheel when he slams on the brakes at the end of the straight :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_IfM5X7QIU

miss the scream of the 19,000rpm V10 though :(

SmoothBob
07-09-2011, 09:50 AM
So..

British GP weekend, bring it on! :)

Big push for the McLaren's, c'mon boys, yi CAN do it!

'Mon the Button, dinnae let Vettel get further away!

And will the new regs being brought it startin this weekend will we see a Red Bull drop off?

Jings, it should be good! :)

SmoothBob
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Gutted for Button and Di Resta, were both running well, season high for Di Resta at the time of his pit fail..

Ah well..

Mclarens looked like they suffered bad, the Renaults worse! Red Bull were business as usual and Alonso drove well, all in all no a bad GP

And did anyone catch Vettel on Top Gear? Came across as a pretty sound bloke, was into Monty Python, ribbed Clarkson about being dubbed in german AND has proved the Red Bull is good but the driver is somethin a bit special, top of the F1 drivers lap times. :tup:

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I always liked vettel.... that was until last season where he came across as a petulant twat

SmoothBob
07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

They can fuck right off!
Fuckin money grabbin bastards!
Ahm no paying £20 a fuckin month just tae watch me F1!
Fuckin wankers!
FUCKERS!!!!!!

Hugh_Janus
07-30-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm fucking livid! I'd rather the beeb not show any races if I'm honest. What the fuck is the point of showing half the races?

fuck you ecclestone, you greedy, bald, short troll of doom. Fuck you sky you monopolising bunch of fucking shits. Fuck you bbc you, fucks. I also read an interview of adam parr (williams dude) I got half way through and wanted to catch a plane to hungary just to punch the fucker in the face.

CUNTS!

2012 will be the first race I've missed since hungary 1996 and only the second race since I started watching it

SmoothBob
07-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Sky huv already basically destroyed football, caused the horror of huge transfer fee's and wages, made all these ego's so yi can only fit 1 guy on a team cos his head takes up half a pitch..

Fuckers are gonna do the same tae F1! Cant fuckin leave well alone..

Im still so fuckin angry about all this. Bernie saying its a fantastic deal.. AYE FUR YOU YI WEE CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmoothBob
07-30-2011, 08:35 AM
:cheerlead::cheerlead: Oh by the way, well done on getting over 1,000 posts Hugh! :cheerlead::cheerlead:

:mrgreen:

SmoothBob
07-31-2011, 07:47 PM
MON THE BUTTON! :)

Wins on his 200th F1 race, fantastico! :tup: :)

Hugh_Janus
07-31-2011, 11:10 PM
I have to say, every race apart from 2 has been an absolute blinder this year! I almost don't even care that vettel is running away with the championship

SmoothBob
08-01-2011, 06:53 AM
I have to say, every race apart from 2 has been an absolute blinder this year! I almost don't even care that vettel is running away with the championship

Totally agree! :tup:

SmoothBob
09-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Monza..

I wonder just for a change if a non-pole starter might win! :D

FBD
10-21-2011, 11:25 AM

I can understand them running the nascar road courses, but the ovals are ridiculous for these things. The ovals were practically made for bump & grind racing, whereas bump=damn near catastrophe for f1.

SmoothBob
03-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Cue The Chain by Fleetwood Mac..

Less than 2 weeks to go, come on Button! :)

I actually caught a race live last year! My wife said do u want to go to Barcelona as an early birthday present? Im like feck yeah, huv always wanted to go and then she told me the dates and im like, hold on they sound familiar. .
The friggin Spanish GP was happening! What a holiday, what a noise, OMG..
Anyone want sum pics? How do I post pics from my phone, do o have to host them somewhere?
Anyway, was friggin awesome..
My mate has sorted his honeymoon to catch the Canadian GP, his wife picked Canada, he picked the dayes ha ha

Hugh_Janus
03-03-2014, 11:43 PM
I hope red bull are as unreliable this season as they have in the testing.... but I bet they get they get their act together half way through and vettel pinches the title at the last race with the wanky double points bollocks

redred
03-04-2014, 06:49 AM
The worry is doing a race on 100 kgs of fuel , how can you call it race when you spend half the time looking at the fuel guage

Hugh_Janus
03-04-2014, 06:40 PM
they managed last year when it was all about the tyyres :shrug:

Goofy
03-04-2014, 06:41 PM
:yawn:

Jezter
03-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Kimi! :finland: :cheerlead:

redred
03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
BTCC ftw

Hugh_Janus
03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
back in the day, maybe.... 90s to the early 00s. Now it sucks tbh

redred
03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
WRC ftw :lol:

Goofy
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
MOTOGP :tup: F1 has sucked ass for years...... how the fuck they can make 200mph look so boring i have no fucking idea :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2014, 08:29 PM
MOTOGP :tup: F1 has sucked ass for years...... how the fuck they can make 200mph look so boring i have no fucking idea :shrug:

:lol:

Indy Car > F1 :thumbsup:

Hugh_Janus
03-05-2014, 11:54 PM

moto2 ftw
:lol:

Indy Car > F1 :thumbsup:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/str8busta/NOT-SURE-IF-SRS.jpg

Hugh_Janus
03-17-2014, 12:19 AM
quite a good race.... old bottas had a stormer and vettel had a shit one and spat his dummy out.... hope the latter happens a lot this season :dance:

feel sorry for smiler though. K-mag and kvyat were impressive too

Hugh_Janus
03-17-2014, 12:23 AM
oh and the engines sound shit accelerating, bit off throttle and downshifts, they sound mega

SmoothBob
03-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Engines def sound shite and as a mclaren fan im delighted but dayum do I feel bad for daniel, poor bugger..

Hugh_Janus
04-06-2014, 05:05 PM
spec-fucking-tacular

Hugh_Janus
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
also, "daniel is faster than you" :rofl:

Godfather
07-20-2021, 06:30 AM
Anyone watch the race this past weekend? That first lap battle between Lewis and Max was so intense. Max's crash registered 51 g's... he's so lucky to have walked away. The entire race was awesome, best F1 race since I've been following the sport (only about a year but still)

I still think that crash was just a racing incident, they were battling hard and things happen so much faster than the armchair experts watching ultra-slow-mo, but I can still see why people think it was Lewis' fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtsqz-MoLU

Bushviper
07-20-2021, 11:06 AM
So proud of his pimple he had it chromed just like the exhaust of his car. I am sooooo jealous.

lost in melb.
07-20-2021, 12:14 PM
Neither Lewis or Max are backing down!

I thought it was interesting how large a role predictive behaviour plays in this instance. You could predict that your opponent willl move in a certain way, but then they don't and it's all over.

Hugh_Janus
07-22-2021, 03:29 PM
Anyone watch the race this past weekend? That first lap battle between Lewis and Max was so intense. Max's crash registered 51 g's... he's so lucky to have walked away. The entire race was awesome, best F1 race since I've been following the sport (only about a year but still)

I still think that crash was just a racing incident, they were battling hard and things happen so much faster than the armchair experts watching ultra-slow-mo, but I can still see why people think it was Lewis' fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtsqz-MoLU

i was initially in the 80/20 lewis'fault camp, but after watching videos of different angles, i now think it was a racing incident. Both of them could have done something to avoid a but neither did.

everyine so far including lewis has jumped out of max's way, lewis isnt playing anymore and max found that out his bully boy tactics wont work. Honestly the first time ive seen someone stand up to max on the track for years

christian horner's (red bull team principal) bitching was glorious though... funny af

Godfather
07-25-2021, 08:57 PM
christian horner's (red bull team principal) bitching was glorious though... funny af

I can't stand Horner, he's just a sour little prick all the time.

Godfather
12-11-2021, 05:58 PM
Anyone else getting up stupid early to watch F1 tomorrow? Going to be insane. First time in decades the final race of the year is going to decide the champion. Max and Hamilton in P1 and P2 to start - 5am PST :lol:

Hugh_Janus
12-12-2021, 08:49 PM
that was a fucking farce

lost in melb.
12-13-2021, 05:01 AM
that was a fucking farce

What happened??

DemonGeminiX
12-13-2021, 05:39 AM
Max won the race and the British guy took second.

Godfather
12-13-2021, 07:40 AM
that was a fucking farce

What happened??

I really, really didn't like that finish.

With 5 laps left, Lewis had a 12 second lead, and 4-5 lapped cars between Max (in second) and him. Max has fresher tyres but it's looking extremely unlikely Lewis is caught as Max had not been closing the gap the prior 4-5 laps.

Then an irrelevant car crashes out, the safety car comes out, and they drive behind the safety car for 4 laps. Race probably should've just ended, but instead the stewards decide that with ONE lap left, Max can pass the lapped cars (which Lewis had to fight to pass to a degree - even though they have to let him by, he did it at full speed with dirty air), so Max is now neck and neck with Lewis. Wish far fresher (and soft) tyres, Max beats Lewis on the last lap and wins the race and 2021 driver's championships.

I get that pace cars and strategy play a big role in the sport, and that the rule is that leading cars get to pass lapped cars when the pace car leaves, and also that Lewis has surely benefited in races prior from pace cars eliminating leads of cars in front of him too... but logically I still hate that Lewis loses a massive lead because of an irrelevant crash with 5 laps left. It felt like the decision to pull the pace car and allow Max to catch up for one lap was a made-for-TV decision. Was Merc's tyre strategy aggressive leaving him vulnerable? Yes, but it was going to win him the race if not for the pace car farce.

Don't think it's right. Max is still a deserving champion this year, but it shouldn't have gone down like that.

Hugh_Janus
12-13-2021, 08:51 PM
100% that ^

also, I should add that the rules say something along the lines of "any lapped cars are to be let by the leader and unlap themselves and the safety car will continue for 1 further lap" the only cars that were allowed to unlap themselves were the ones between lewis and max and the safety car was ordered in on that very same lap. Oh, and it wasn't the dtewards that decided on the safety car call, it was the race director and he needs to go, he's been an absolute shit show all year

I also feel bad for latifi (the guy who crashed) I bet he's getting some serious shit on the socials atm

Godfather
12-14-2021, 07:44 AM
100% that ^

also, I should add that the rules say something along the lines of "any lapped cars are to be let by the leader and unlap themselves and the safety car will continue for 1 further lap" the only cars that were allowed to unlap themselves were the ones between lewis and max and the safety car was ordered in on that very same lap. Oh, and it wasn't the dtewards that decided on the safety car call, it was the race director and he needs to go, he's been an absolute shit show all year

I also feel bad for latifi (the guy who crashed) I bet he's getting some serious shit on the socials atm

Ya agreed, only letting Max unlap goes to show it was a joke, applying a rule just for his benefit. One of the other drivers even commented over radio the race should not resume. Everyone knew if they unlapped and pulled the pace car with a single lap left, they were giving it to Max despite Lewis dominating that race. I imagine FIA didn't want the race to finish under yellow flag but to me that would've been the right call.

The inconsistency applying the rules here also meant Merc had no clue how that safety car would end. If nothing else they should've known straight away what the decision would be and been given the chance to pit.

I'm a new fan, but I'd say they need a major rule change. No unlapping, and the safety car should not advance the race (maybe at least if it's passed the halfway point?). In this day and age of technology, I don't see a reason why they can't pull the safety car and leave the pre-crash condition of the race intact. Advise cars to adequately space to within a second or two of the gap they held, then resume the race. Or just red flag and do a 3 lap sprint. This shit was a sham and it makes me regret getting up early to watch every single race this year if this is what FIA is all about....

Also people shitting on Latiffi are absolute scum of the earth, shell brained losers.