PDA

View Full Version : Owner refuses to take down sign that uses profanity to insult Hillary Clinton

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2016, 02:04 PM
By Sasha Wilson, Reporter - KCBD Channel 11

http://i.imgur.com/7oyeXsWl.jpg

LUBBOCK COUNTY, TX (KCBD) -

A sign at the Slide Plant Market is using profane language to lash out at presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The sign, located in the 5200 block of FM 41, reads: "Crooked Hillary would be a [expletive] disaster!"

The owner, Mark Lee, believes he has the right to display what he wants on his sign.

"I don't agree with what the Obama administration has done, and I can't imagine four years of Hillary," Lee said. "I'm not a profane man, but some things just need to be said and I can say whatever I want. It's my right."

Lee says he's had a lot of opposition to the sign and his phone has been ringing off the hook, but he's also had a lot of support.

There are no laws that govern signage out in the county, so officials say Lee is allowed to keep the profanity up in front of his business.

Lee insists that he is not taking the sign down, even after a visit from a sheriff's deputy on Thursday.

Malissa Roys is a mother who passed by the sign Thursday morning with her young child.

"I have a 10-year-old daughter who can read," Roys said. "I don't necessarily want her to read that and then ask me what that word means."

Lee says this particular word is used all the time, in all age groups.

"What's so offensive about it being up on a sign when little kids are using it all the time," Roys said.

Roys says she doesn't disagree with Lee's position, but she does not care for how he's expressing it.

"I don't think we have a good candidate this year but I think there's a lot better ways without using vulgarity," Roys said.

"If people drive through and they don't like it, sorry bout ya," Lee said. "Just don't come through Slide America if you don't like it."

"Be a little more considerate," Roys said. "You have the right to your thoughts and it is your sign but you don't have to be so tacky."

Roys says she feels like Lee's use of profanity is an abuse of his platform.

"Be heard without having to use profanity," said Roys. "I just think that speaks volumes about somebody's character."

Lee says folks sometimes just have to agree, to disagree.

"I shouldn't have to shut up because somebody doesn't want to hear what I got to say," Roy said.

He says by the end of Thursday, he had more than 40 people stop by to take pictures of his sign.

FBD
06-14-2016, 02:27 PM
asterisks would have accomplished the same fuckin effect :dance:

DemonGeminiX
06-14-2016, 02:36 PM
asterisks would have accomplished the same ****** effect :dance:

:-k

I don't know...

Muddy
06-14-2016, 02:38 PM
F*cking

FBD