PDA

View Full Version : Trump Supporters Almost Denied Service At Restaurant

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2016, 03:03 PM
by Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/kysUgQw.jpg

A Virginia woman said she was discriminated against for being a Donald Trump supporter.

After attending a Trump rally in Richmond on June 10, Shannon Riggs and her cousins visited a local Cook Out for burgers and milkshakes, WTVR reported.

But when Riggs and her family walked up to the window wearing their Donald Trump shirts and hats, they were reportedly denied service.

"As soon as we got to the window, someone inside said 'Hell no! I'm not serving them,'" Riggs told WTVR.

Riggs said the workers eventually took their orders after a few words.

"Everyone was laughing and giggling," Riggs recalled.

When one employee yelled out that an order was ready, Riggs’ cousin went to the window to pick up the food. Then the employee reportedly yelled, "Oh not for you!"

"You should not be discriminated based on who you support, whether it be Bernie, Hillary or Mr. Trump," Riggs said.

The employees continued laughing, and that’s when Riggs canceled her order and asked for the phone number to corporate. Riggs then received a full refund for her order.

"Once you witness [discrimination] first hand, it's a totally different experience," said 16-year-old Lauren Wolfrey, Riggs’ cousin. "I was in a state of shock."

http://i.imgur.com/4qXpjvp.jpg

Wolfrey added that she didn’t think the employees should be fired, just reminded about common courtesy.

"They had this sense of anger," she continued. "They were just really rude to us."

A Cook Out spokesperson issued the following statement:

Cook Out is, and always has been, a politically neutral company. We welcome all customers regardless of political affiliation.

Regarding the refusal of service at our Colonial Heights location, the situation has been resolved and was resolved that night per Cook Out policy.

DemonGeminiX
06-14-2016, 03:14 PM
A Cook Out spokesperson issued the following statement:

Cook Out is, and always has been, a politically neutral company. We welcome all customers regardless of political affiliation.

Regarding the refusal of service at our Colonial Heights location, the situation has been resolved and was resolved that night per Cook Out policy.

:-k

How was it resolved?

Muddy
06-14-2016, 04:24 PM
They didnt say.. Prolly just a slap on the wrist.. Now thats it has gone national maybe it will escalate.. This was yesterdays local news for us.

FBD
06-14-2016, 04:29 PM
it should have been "do that again and you are no longer an employee, case closed"

fricnjay
06-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Technically the owner of the company should have the right to refuse service to anyone. Its their business and should be able to make those decisions. Let the free market decide.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Technically the owner of the company should have the right to refuse service to anyone. Its their business and should be able to make those decisions. Let the free market decide.

Wrong answer...ask the bakery here in Colorado that refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple if that is true or not.

FBD
06-14-2016, 04:40 PM

true but this was a rogue employee, not a company policy supported by management

fricnjay
06-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Wrong answer...ask the bakery here in Colorado that refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple if that is true or not.

Thats why I included the word "SHOULD" :lol:

fricnjay
06-14-2016, 04:41 PM
true but this was a rogue employee, not a company policy supported by management

Right but thats not a city, state or federal government issue.