PDA

View Full Version : Pastor Wishes More Gay People Died In Orlando

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/gb5KGcd.jpg

Pastor Roger Jimenez told his congregation how disappointed he was that the shooter in Orlando, Florida, who killed at least 49 people at a popular gay nightclub, did not kill more gay people, whom he said are all pedophiles (video below).

Jimenez's sermon at the Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento, California, describes his feelings on the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, according to a video of the sermon posted to YouTube:

Let me say this, every sodomite is a pedophile. Every single one. It's an unnatural sin. It's unnatural to want to be with someone of the same sex, and it's unnatural to want to take advantage of a child.

...Go to Romans chapter one, you got Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans.

Today, people say, "Aren’t you sad that 50 sodomites died?" Here’s the problem with that. It’s like the equivalent of asking me, what if you asked me, "Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?"

Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society! I think Orlando, Florida is a little safer tonight.

The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die ... I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job! Because these people are predators! They are abusers! They take advantage of people! ... As Christians, we need to take the stand that it is not our job to sit there and say, "Oh, this is a tragedy," or "Oh, this is something we mourn." ...The Bible paints the picture that these are wicked people.

Later in his sermon, Jimenez insisted he was not advocating violence, according to a transcription of the sermon by the Friendly Athiest:

… People sometimes will hear, you know, someone like me… other pastors like me, and say, “You guys are advocating violence!” We’re not advocating violence! We’re not saying we should go do this! But we’re just saying this: If we lived in a righteous nation with a righteous government, then the government should be taking them … I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put a firing squad in front of them, and blow their brains out.

If we lived in a righteous government that loved God, and loved children, and wanted to protect them, that’s what we’d do.
Megachurch Pastor Perry Noble of the NewSpring Church in South Carolina had a different take on the tragedy, which he posted in a video on Facebook on June 12.

Noble said the Orlando massacre had nothing to do with gun control or gay people:

I don't think this is a gun control issue. I don't think this is a gay issue. I don't think, even if you really want to boil it down, this is a religious issue.

I think it's a heart issue. I think the biggest problem in our world today isn't anything that we can legislate or pass a law against.

The biggest problem in our world today is there are people who literally don't have a heart connection with Jesus Christ. And when people don't have a heart connection with Jesus, the possibilities for evil are endless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXpoXEXp0OY

Goofy
06-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Wow.....

DemonGeminiX
06-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Wow.....

Yeah, no shit.

FBD
06-15-2016, 12:16 PM
follow jesus teachings, asshole! fuggin more hypocrite christians, I swear...

Muddy
06-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Fuck this guy.

redred
06-15-2016, 02:39 PM
fuck religion

Muddy
06-15-2016, 02:45 PM
In the end it only divides. I swear.. Almost every major problem we have now is tied to these imaginary deity's.

redred
06-15-2016, 02:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhSB8EEnCAM

Muddy
06-15-2016, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6DUVczM910

redred
06-15-2016, 02:57 PM
drugs work better with my god :lol:

FBD
06-15-2016, 03:45 PM
In the end it only divides. I swear.. Almost every major problem we have now is tied to these imaginary deity's.

deities exist - but beware the ones that claim to be the One the Only creator of all things in heaven and earth - they're fkn lying

Muddy
06-15-2016, 03:47 PM
deities exist -

That's debatable.

DemonGeminiX
06-15-2016, 03:49 PM
:hand:

Chuck is God.

FBD
06-15-2016, 03:59 PM
That's debatable.

:lol: not from my point of view it isnt. how can one attempt to disprove something by lack of events? you cant, you can only say that your experience hasnt given you anything to go by. but direct experience is direct experience, sometimes things so unequivocal happen, it rather solidifies one's views on certain things.

whether one wants to call them deities or demigods or spirits of whatever type or origin, either way that one is sliced, words fail to really denote what is being spoken of.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2016, 04:00 PM
What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us?
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make His way home?

redred
06-15-2016, 04:02 PM
:slap: too soon

Muddy
06-15-2016, 04:50 PM
:lol: not from my point of view it isnt. how can one attempt to disprove something by lack of events? you cant, you can only say that your experience hasnt given you anything to go by. but direct experience is direct experience, sometimes things so unequivocal happen, it rather solidifies one's views on certain things.

whether one wants to call them deities or demigods or spirits of whatever type or origin, either way that one is sliced, words fail to really denote what is being spoken of.

In this case, I wont say you're wrong if I cant prove you wrong..

RBP
06-15-2016, 04:55 PM

I don't want to debate this, just saying that religious organizations also do a hell of a lot of good work, especially for the less fortunate.

deebakes
06-15-2016, 06:19 PM
deities exist - but beware the ones that claim to be the One the Only creator of all things in heaven and earth - they're fkn lying

:fbd: