PDA

View Full Version : Vigil For Orlando Victims Slams White People

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2016, 12:14 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/4oWXZPB.jpg

A vigil for the victims of the terrorist attack in Orlando was held at the Boone County Courthouse in Columbia, Missouri, on June 13. The event took a racial turn when a University of Missouri graduate attacked white people from the stage (video below).

"I was really nervous to get up here because there’s a lot of white people in the crowd," Tiffany Melecio said, notes College Fix, which posted an edited video of her remarks.

"And that wasn’t a joke," Melecio added. "I wish this many people came out to our racial demonstrations and our Black Lives Matter movement."

Some in the audience applauded.

Melecio said that she didn't want to be angry, and added that the vigil wasn't for her or the audience in attendance, but for the victims and future victims.

"I thought I'd take the moment to list out some facts that many of you probably don't know know because you're white," Melecio sighed. "I'm tired of the black and white dichotomy that happens everytime we talk about race or anything that goes on in our country. We never take the time to consider the shades in between like mine."

Later in her speech, Melecio added: "As much as it is awesome that there are so many people here today, but it’s like who are you really here for?"

An unidentified woman yelled from the audience, "We’re here for everybody!"

"We are here to be uniting, not dividing, which is what you are doing now!" a man shouted from the audience.

"Hey, hey, no, no, we're not here to blame anybody, we're here to support," another woman on stage insisted.

A shouting match continued between three female speakers (one was Melecio) on stage and people in the audience.

Two married men, one of whom may have been shouting back, left the area and complained to a police officer.

One of the men, Carl Brizendine, told College Fix: "They are segregating us. Right there on stage, they are segregating us as a community."

Daniel Brizendine, Carl's husband, later wrote on Facebook: "I am tired and angry and sad that some people in Columbia had to make our vigil tonight into a race issue. This was a homophobic attack and nothing more nothing else."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc

Goofy
06-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Wow, what an arsehole :roll:

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2016, 12:16 PM
:roll:

Stupid cunt.

Goofy
06-16-2016, 12:17 PM
:roll:

Stupid cunt.

Sorry :oops:

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Not you.

Ass. :lol:

Goofy
06-16-2016, 12:25 PM
:dance:

RBP
06-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Fucking SJW's. Annoying as fuck.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Fucking SJW's. Annoying as fuck.

:privilege:

fricnjay
06-16-2016, 03:16 PM
The people in the crowd were not wrong. Just gives the black lives matter movement that much less respect and legitimacy. :shakehead:

RBP
06-16-2016, 03:21 PM
The people in the crowd were not wrong. Just gives the black lives matter movement that much less respect and legitimacy. :shakehead:

What's less than zero?

fricnjay
06-16-2016, 03:21 PM
What's less than zero?

:burn:

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2016, 03:35 PM
What's less than zero?

:-s

A movie from the 80s very loosely based on a novel by Bret Easton Ellis.

Also a song by Elvis Costello for which the Ellis' book was named after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQK3yo9CBA&ab_channel=DaveXanderBass

RBP
06-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Asked and Answered. You're like a real Dick (Tracy).

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2016, 03:54 PM
This thread has given me a reason to check out Susanna Hoffs. I call that a win.

RBP
06-16-2016, 03:57 PM
This thread has given me a reason to check out Susanna Hoffs. I call that a win.

I'd bangle her so hard.

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2016, 04:00 PM
She'd be walking like a bowlegged Egyptian after I was through with her.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2016, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxrwImCJCqk

RBP
06-16-2016, 04:03 PM
:lol: