PDA

View Full Version : Black Lives Matter Blames Orlando Shooting on Capitalism

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2016, 10:53 AM
by Katherine Timpf - The National Review

http://i.imgur.com/TQfpgmy.jpg

Just when I thought the other-than-the-obvious explanations for the Orlando shooting couldn’t get more ridiculous, Black Lives Matter released a statement blaming it on . . . capitalism.

“The enemy is now and has always been the four threats of white supremacy, patriarchy, capitalism, and militarism,” reads a statement on the shooting that was published on the group’s website. “These forces and not Islam create terrorism.”

That’s right — the shooter pledged allegiance to a radical Islamic terror group while committing the murders, and yet his actions so clearly have to do with an economic system.

Confused?

The statement explains that “despite the media’s framing of this as a terrorist attack, we are very clear that this terror is completely homegrown, born from the anti-Black white supremacy, patriarchy and homophobia of the conservative right,” (ah yes, how could we get through any discussion of Orlando without blaming what is clearly the most treacherous of evils, the “conservative right”?) and that “homegrown terror is the product of a long history of colonialism, including state and vigilante violence.”

“It is the product of white supremacy and capitalism, which deforms the spirit and fuels interpersonal violence,” it continues.

So, basically, what they’re saying is that this guy had his “spirit” deformed by the existence of a competitive market system in the country that we live in, and that that caused him to murder 49 people in cold blood.

Makes sense. I guess there must also be some huge focus on Western capitalist values in all of those terror-stricken areas of the Middle East that I’m unaware of. After all, BLM’s explanation of those values being responsible for such attacks — even when the attacker himself explains it as an act of radical Islamic terror — just makes so, so, so much sense.

DemonGeminiX
06-23-2016, 10:54 AM
The shooter targeted the wrong people.

:|

Goofy
06-23-2016, 11:09 AM
Racist and retarded :roll:

FBD
06-23-2016, 12:44 PM
“The enemy is now and has always been the four threats of zionist supremacy, outright fraud on a global scale, cronyism, and militarism,” reads a statement on the shooting that was published on the group’s website. “These forces and not Islam create terrorism.”

That’s right — the shooter pledged allegiance to a radical Islamic terror group while committing the murders, and yet his actions so clearly have to do with the system of fraud and the ways in which those that own it stay on top.

ftfy

perrhaps
06-23-2016, 05:46 PM
This just seems to me to be a highfalutin way of saying "Work sucks. Give me some free shit".

PorkChopSandwiches
06-23-2016, 05:55 PM
In the end, its always, give me free shit

RBP
06-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Yup. Remember people crying because Obama was going to pay their mortgages? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2016, 07:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

RBP
06-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Yup, and there were many others. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2016, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79wUEqBdQc