PDA

View Full Version : I-TEAM EXCLUSIVE: Secrets to what sparked Oakland police sex scandal revealed

Teh One Who Knocks
06-30-2016, 01:24 PM
By Dan Noyes - ABC 7 News

http://i.imgur.com/RTksmpf.jpg

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The ABC7 News I-Team has exclusive new information about the Oakland police sex scandal that has spread to six other departments. It all may have remained a secret, had an officer answered "a single phone call". Dan Noyes has interviewed the teenager at the center of this controversy and he joins us with the latest.

The young woman showed me texts and photos of officers she had sex with. She says some paid, most did not. But, she felt she could get protection and information from them, as she worked the streets.

The 18-year-old who calls herself Celeste Guap tells me she had sex with more than 30 Bay Area police officers, sergeants and captains, four of them when she was underage, including Oakland Officer Brendan O'Brien.

Celeste says she met O'Brien last year as she ran away from a pimp on International Boulevard.

Celeste: "He started chasing me down the block."
Dan: "A pimp did."
Celeste: "And then Brendan came and saved me."

Texts Celeste shared with me show they were close. O'Brien wrote, "There's no women in my life." She answers, "I don't believe you." He responds, "Except for you. I'm serious."

Celeste: "We tell each other you're my only, you know, like that, but he knew what it was."
Dan: "What you're saying, at the same time you were seeing others, including other officers."
Celeste: "Yes, he knew I was seeing other officers, too."

Last August, Celeste went to Puerto Rico to celebrate her 18th birthday. On the last night she found herself alone in a rough area, drunk, in a bikini, the sun going down and her cellphone on the verge of dying. She called Brendan O'Brien for help, but he didn't pick up.

She saw he was active on Facebook and thought he was ignoring her.

"Had I not been drinking that night, I wouldn't of said a lot of the things that I said," she said.

They argued by text, and she threatened to tell his superiors at the Oakland Police Department he had sex with her when she was 17. O'Brien did not take it well.

Dan: "That last conversation with you by text, he mentioned hurting himself, didn't he?"
Celeste: "He asked me, he asked me, asked me, 'How would you feel if I died?'"

Then, Celeste says she sent him a screenshot of a message to an OPD sergeant, in which she revealed their underage sex and named other officers she was involved with, as well.

Autopsy reports show Brendan O'Brien shot himself within hours, perhaps minutes, of that exchange with Celeste. The veteran was wearing his Marine Corps T-shirt at the time.

In his suicide note, sources tell the I-Team that O'Brien cited the pressure of his wife's suicide in that same apartment the year before. He also said Celeste was blackmailing him.
Dan: "In his suicide note he said that he thought you were trying to blackmail him. Was that the case?"
Celeste: "No."

Also in the note, he said he never had sex with her.

Dan: "Is that true?"
Celeste: "No, it's not true."

O'Brien's suicide note sparked the investigation that has now spread to seven law enforcement agencies. At the center of it, all those texts and photos from Celeste Guap's cellphone.

"I didn't want none of this to come out or happen," she said. "I feel bad, I feel guilty because, I mean, it was adult consensual fun," she said.

But, if what Celeste says is true, several officers could be charged with statutory rape and others gave her information on undercover operations.

On Tuesday at 6 p.m., you'll learn about one OPD officer who had a tremendous, positive impact on her at a young age. But his death on the job sent her spiraling to a life of prostitution.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-30-2016, 01:24 PM
By Dan Noyes - ABC 7 News

http://i.imgur.com/NV4orPc.jpg

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The ABC7 News I-Team has exclusive new information from an interview with the 18-year-old woman at the center of the Oakland police sex scandal. It has spread to more law enforcement agencies, with the latest, Livermore police. It's a story you'll see only on ABC7 News.

The scandal is growing. At this point, dozens of careers are on the line. Officers, sergeants, and captains are under investigation for having sex with a young prostitute; several incidents when she was underage.

In many ways, Celeste Guap is a typical teenager, concerned about her appearance for our interview.

Celeste: "I don't have lipstick on."
Dan: "That's alright. Go ahead."
Celeste: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."
Dan: That's okay."

But, she has seen more in her 18 years than anyone should in a lifetime. Meet Celeste Guap -- that's not her real name.

Celeste: "Guap means money."
Dan: "Guap means money?"
Celeste: "Yeah, it's slang, like street for money."

Even though her mother holds a good job as an Oakland police dispatcher, Celeste was exposed to drugs and prostitution growing up in Richmond, and then decided to hit the streets herself.

Dan: "Can you tell me at what age you actually took money for sex?"
Celeste: "I was 12 the first time."

Celeste tells me she now works an Oakland street corner, and finds clients on social media.

Celeste says she was 16 when she had sex with her first officer, an Oakland cop, who was her mother's friend.

"And he would tell me, he be like, 'Hurry up and turn, hurry up and turn 18,'" she said. "But I talked him into it. I feel guilty because he was trying to do the right thing."

Celeste tells me two more OPD officers had sex with her when she was underage, as did a Contra Costa Sheriff's deputy. She says the officers told their friends.

Celeste: "I would get texts, you know."
Dan: "Saying what?"
Celeste: "Yeah, 'I'm an Oakland cop, too.' And straight up, they just be like, 'My friend blah blah blah told me about you.'"
Dan: "And you would meet after that?"
Celeste: "Yeah."

Celeste says she slept with "more than 30" in all -- street cops, sergeants, captains, even a police dog handler.

"So I wanted to meet his canine, he did," she said. "There's this one time we did it in the car and he had his canine watching us from the backseat."

Celeste tells me investigators have interviewed her and copied everything on her phone -- texts and chats with officers, even photos of them having sex.

Here's how the police sex scandal is spreading. According to Celeste, it involves:

16 officers from the Oakland Police Department
6 Richmond police officers
4 Alameda County Sheriff's deputies
3 San Francisco cops
1 Contra Costa Sheriff's deputy
1 Livermore cop
1 police officer from the U.S. Military's Defense Logistics Agency, who contacted Celeste after the scandal erupted

It was just a coincidence that the Richmond park I chose for the interview was the same place many cops took her for sex.
Celeste: "Three out of all the 30 paid me."
Dan: "Only three out of the 30."
Celeste: "Yeah, yeah."
Dan: "Why did you have sex with the other ones who didn't pay you?"
Celeste: "I don't know, I just look at them like information. Their perks become your perks, you know."

Celeste showed me texts in which officers appear to tip her off to police operations. One exchange from this past March with a cop she nicknamed "Superman" reads, "Want some advice?" Celeste answered, "Tell me handsome." The response was, "Stay off E14 from Fruitvale to 42 tonight. There's a uc (or undercover) operation."

Celeste also tells me on at least 10 occasions, officers provided police reports or inside information on criminal cases for her and her friends.

And now, she's trying to protect those officers, by refusing to turn over their names.

Celeste: "Even OPD is mad at me because I won't give them everybody, but..."
Dan: "But do you think they're standing up for you in any way?"
Celeste: "No, they all turned their back on me."
Dan: "Yet, you won't give up all the names?"
Celeste: "No."

All this would have remained a secret if an officer had answered a single phone call Celeste placed. (Story in OP)

At least seven law enforcement agencies have launched investigations, but the Alameda County Sheriff is done. They tell me they cleared four deputies who had sex with Celeste, because it was consensual, no one paid, and she was 18 at the time. We'll have more on that in the coming days.

FBD
06-30-2016, 01:48 PM
boy what kind of a world would we have if cops abused their privileges....oh, wait :facepalm:

deebakes
06-30-2016, 03:18 PM
:wank:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2016, 10:16 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/Qficc1N.jpg

The city of Oakland was hit with a $66M lawsuit Friday on behalf of Jasmine Abuslin, 19, who claims to have had sex with almost 30 Oakland law enforcement officials throughout the Bay Area over the last two years, some of them when she was still a minor.

According to KRON 4, the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office filed criminal charges Friday against seven officers for engaging in sex with Abuslin, who also goes by the name Celeste Guac.

In addition, a Contra Costa County Sheriff’s deputy, a former Livermore police officer and five current and former Oakland police officers – Ricardo Perez, Dan Black, Brian Bunton, Warit Utappa, Tyrell Smith, Leroy Johnson and Giovani LoVerde – are also being charged.

Abuslin is the key witness in the criminal case. The civil suit claims that both the city and the police department were negligent and exploitive in handling the case, according to court filings.

The teen's attorneys, Pamela Price and Charles Bonner, say she has been a victim of sex trafficking since she was 12.

According to her lawsuit, then-Oakland police chief Sean Whent knew Abuslin was being sexually exploited as a minor and did nothing about it.

Before Abuslin turned 18, the claim says, “In 2015, she met Oakland Police Officer Brendan O’Brien [deceased] while she was running from a pimp. Having come into contact with a minor running from her pimp, Officer O’Brien was obligated under California Penal Code 236.2 to make certain inquiries regarding [Abuslin’s] wellbeing.”

Instead of protecting Abuslin from sexual exploitation, the suit alleges, he exploited her himself.

In early September 2015, the city of Oakland started dismissal proceedings against four officers, but the department announced that two of the men implicated in the scandal had resigned and a third committed suicide.

In a video interview with vlogger Zennie62, Abuslin said her first sexual encounter occurred in 2011 with an Oakland police officer – a friend of her mother’s who is a police dispatcher.

“It was all romantic … We considered it a relationship. That was the first one,” Abuslin said.

She openly spoke about working as a prostitute at age 16 and 17 and, during that time, having sexual relations with 14 police officers.

The suit states, “In addition to Officer O’Brien, Officer G.L. and other officers and deputies also sexually exploited (Abuslin) when she was a minor, and continuing into 2016, after she turned 18, providing her protection and information about police business for sexual favors. None of them ever offered her information or help in escaping from sexual exploitation.”

Court documents reveal that Daniel Black, formerly of the Livermore police force, was charged with five counts of engaging in prostitution, lewd public behavior and giving alcohol to a minor.

Documents go on to say that Black picked up the young woman in a motor home last April and took her out to dinner, telling her, "Just to be clear: I'm not paying you, but I will buy you dinner."

Despite her admission of having been a prostitute, if she is underage, legally there can be no consent.

“That [consent] is a problem for the defense regardless what her line of work is,” criminal defense attorney Christian Picone, who isn't involved in either the civil or criminal cases, told Fox News Latino.

The lawsuit alleges that members of the Oakland Police Department, "either directly engaged in, stood by with a blind eye or acted to cover up this modern-day slavery of (Abuslin)."

It goes on, "These acts constitute unlawful forced labor, trafficking into servitude and sex trafficking of a child by force, fraud and coercion and have caused (Abuslin) to suffer unimaginable abuse, pain, and suffering that she and her family will endure for the rest of her life."

In August, Abuslin was sent to a Florida rehab facility for heroin and sex addiction. According to her attorneys, Abuslin was persuaded to go to Florida. Fox KTVU, reported that law enforcement officials told her, “It would be like a vacation, she needed to go to rehab – she had a drug problem – this would be the best place to go. It would be like a vacation.”

Her attorneys are calling it “false imprisonment.”

While there. she was arrested for allegedly assaulting a guard. On Sept. 16, she was released and returned to the Bay Area.

RBP
09-23-2016, 12:20 PM
Fascinating story.

Hugh_Janus
09-24-2016, 09:02 AM
tl;dr

came here for some boobs