PDA

View Full Version : JUST IN: Latest poll bombshell…

fricnjay
06-30-2016, 02:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ymzz6Oa.jpg
Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief on June 30, 2016

Hope you like rollercoasters. This election cycle clearly as more ups and downs than my childhood favorite “Big Dipper” in Santa Cruz, California. Remember those polls last week that showed Donald Trump getting hammered by Hillary Clinton? Well, forget them…for now.

Rasmussen’s latest polls shows a very different picture: The tables have turned in this week’s White House Watch. After trailing Hillary Clinton by five points for the prior two weeks, Donald Trump has now taken a four-point lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 43% of the vote, while Clinton earns 39%. Twelve percent (12%) still like another candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week at this time, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 39%. This is Trump’s highest level of support in Rasmussen Reports’ matchups with Clinton since last October. His support has been hovering around the 40% mark since April, but it remains to be seen whether he’s just having a good week or this actually represents a real move forward among voters.

So does this mean the GOP establishment will finally coalesce around the Trump campaign? Hardly.

Events in recent weeks suggest that Donald Trump is already running a third-party candidacy.

While he’s captured enough delegates to win the Republican nomination through the party’s primary process, there’s reportedly a renewed effort afoot by some close to Mitt Romney to change the rules and steal the nomination from Trump at next month’s GOP national convention.

At the same time, some Republican leaders, most notably House Speaker Paul Ryan, seem more critical of Trump than of his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, even as they insist that they support the nominee. George Will, one of America’s senior conservative pundits and a longtime reliable supporter of Republican presidential candidates, just this week urged major donors not to give to Trump’s campaign to ensure the GOP nominee loses in November.

Is it any wonder then that 66% of Republicans think most of the top leaders in their party don’t want Trump to be elected president? Some probably wonder why that number isn’t even higher.

Rasmussen Reports polling finds that 73% of Republicans believe GOP leaders have lost touch with the party’s base.

Only 27% of Republicans believe the political attitudes of the party’s voters match up with those of the party’s leaders.

Exactamundo. Whatever you think about Trump, kudos are definitely in order for upending the apple cart.

Strap yourself in, and keep your arms and hands inside the carriage at all times!

RBP
06-30-2016, 02:52 PM
The polls have been wrong my large margins this whole cycle. It's way too early and I expect the early polls to be meaningless.

RBP
06-30-2016, 02:57 PM
FNC has Clinton up 6% this week.

Plus I think a lot of people are saying they don't know but they do.

1) Hates Hillary, will hold their nose for Trump, but won't admit it.
2) Supports Trump
3) Fuck Trump, will hold their nose for Hillary.
4) Vagina Voters.
5) Won't show up.
6) Will cast protest vote for Libertarian or Green party candidate

I think it's 5 and 6 who will determine the outcome.

fricnjay
06-30-2016, 03:00 PM
FNC has Clinton up 6% this week.

Plus I think a lot of people are saying they don't know but they do.

1) Hates Hillary, will hold their nose for Trump, but won't admit it.
2) Supports Trump
3) Fuck Trump, will hold their nose for Hillary.
4) Vagina Voters.
5) Won't show up.
6) Will cast protest vote for Libertarian or Green party candidate

I think it's 5 and 6 who will determine the outcome.

Honestly right now I'm undecided. I would prefer to vote Libertarian and will be watching polls and on the day the votes as projections come in. If Hillary is winning Trump gets my vote other wise I'll vote Libertarian.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-30-2016, 03:25 PM
The "analysts" dont know shit, the polls are shit. Trump will win by a landslide

FBD
06-30-2016, 04:51 PM
I fully expect my state to overwhelmingly vote for cankles, regardless of what the ballots actually cast say.