PDA

View Full Version : A man with a carry and conceal gun stopped a mass shooting at a nightclub

fricnjay
06-30-2016, 05:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Kka3gFH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/F1ZpHy2.jpg

LYMAN, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Deputies with Spartanburg County said a man faces multiple attempted murder charges after opening fire outside a nightclub early Sunday morning.

The shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. at Playoffz nightclub on Inman Road in Lyman.

Deputies said 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson pulled out a gun after getting into an argument with another man and fired several rounds toward a crowd that had gathered out in front of the club.

"His rounds struck 3 victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg," Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

Bobo said the man who shot Thompson has a valid concealed weapons permit, cooperated with investigators, and won’t be facing any charges.

"Thompson was still on the scene when deputies arrived, but the initial scene was chaotic," Bobo said. "It wasn’t until victims and witnesses were interviewed, and video from the scene was reviewed that Thompson was identified as the suspect."

Thompson was charged four counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, and unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Bobo said none of the victims' injuries were life threatening.

Thompson is being held at the Spartanburg County Detention Center.

FBD
06-30-2016, 05:31 PM
everyone should be carrying

ffs I feel like I should be carrying when I go out and play, just because

PorkChopSandwiches
06-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Dime Bag wishes he was carrying while he played

FBD
06-30-2016, 06:41 PM
dime was mid riff...he'd have wished his security guys were carrying

Hugh_Janus
06-30-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm waiting for one of these c&c guys to hit a bystander when something like this happens and they start shooting

PorkChopSandwiches
06-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Like the guy who is out there shooting already? I would say a large majority of C&C holders are trained and wouldn't be firing off rounds willy nilly

DemonGeminiX
06-30-2016, 08:12 PM
ffs I feel like I should be carrying when I go out and play, just because

It really is too bad that you live in a fascist state and can't.

fricnjay
06-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Most of both my wives family and my family all carry and I feel confident in their ability to point and shoot. To be honest pulling that gun is hard decision and I hope I never have to do it.

DemonGeminiX
06-30-2016, 08:17 PM
I really need to get up to the county probate court and get my carry permit. I just don't feel like driving all the way up there.

Hugh_Janus
06-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Like the guy who is out there shooting already? I would say a large majority of C&C holders are trained and wouldn't be firing off rounds willy nilly

trained or not, it doesn't matter. I'm more interested in the legal side of things. Where would c&c guy stand if he shoots a bystander while taking down the miscreant?

PorkChopSandwiches
06-30-2016, 08:21 PM
trained or not, it doesn't matter. I'm more interested in the legal side of things. Where would c&c guy stand if he shoots a bystander while taking down the miscreant?

I imagine it would be a problem, but I doubt the charge would be murder

Hugh_Janus
06-30-2016, 08:21 PM
btw, not being all anti-gun here. If they were legal to own, I'd own one

fricnjay
06-30-2016, 08:22 PM

In Texas we have a prepaid legal service called Texas Gun Shield which would take care of that.

Hugh_Janus
06-30-2016, 08:36 PM
I imagine it would be a problem, but I doubt the charge would be murder

so some soryt of reckless endangerment type of deal?

hmm... if said person then does some porridge for fucking an innocent up while "doing the right thing/protecting themselves" whatever you want to call it would that then affect the way the c&c people think about situations like this, where unless they are faced with beingf shot themselves, they'd basically let the shooter go to town om the populace :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
06-30-2016, 08:38 PM
I would guess it would be a charge like involuntary manslaughter. There is no way you shoot an innocent and walk away scott free

Hugh_Janus
06-30-2016, 08:40 PM
In Texas we have a prepaid legal service called Texas Gun Shield which would take care of that.

that's still probably going to be tough to defend against when a citizen trained in operating firearms kills someone... okay, maybe not in texas, but you know.... in normal places :lol:

Hugh_Janus
06-30-2016, 08:44 PM
I would guess it would be a charge like involuntary manslaughter. There is no way you shoot an innocent and walk away scott free

I'm sure in time, my question will be answered, but I will be interested in the outcome and the subsequent developments in the way c&c people will react in similar situations

Fodster
07-01-2016, 03:26 AM
"His rounds struck 3 victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg," Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

I can imagine a matrix scenario here.

FBD
07-01-2016, 12:15 PM
It really is too bad that you live in a fascist state and can't.Didnt we just have some discussions about guns in bars here recently?

so some soryt of reckless endangerment type of deal?

hmm... if said person then does some porridge for fucking an innocent up while "doing the right thing/protecting themselves" whatever you want to call it would that then affect the way the c&c people think about situations like this, where unless they are faced with beingf shot themselves, they'd basically let the shooter go to town om the populace :-k I think that would be entirely situational, both in the event and in the jury box. If it was a heated situation where the fed I mean patsy I mean terrist is popping off and you take him down but kill someone with a single stray bullet....would be entirely different than if 80% of your shots went into the wrong people. We're not cops and dont have immunity from shit like that, so involuntary manslaughter is a likely charge but up to the jury to convict.