PDA

View Full Version : 100 ticketed in 1st year of Indiana highway slowpokes law

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2016, 12:34 PM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/NsSkRte.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) State police say troopers issued more than 100 tickets to drivers in the year since a law took effect requiring drivers to move over from the left lanes of highways in favor of faster vehicles.

The law allows police to issue tickets to left-lane drivers who don't budge when they should reasonably know another vehicle is overtaking them. State police report troopers wrote at least 1,535 warnings and 109 tickets under the law since last July.

State police Capt. David Bursten tells WISH-TV the intent isn't to penalize drivers for not yielding to others going 95 mph, but to discourage inconsiderate drivers who think they own the left lane and help avoid traffic backups.

The mandate does not apply during traffic congestion or bad weather.

FBD
07-06-2016, 12:46 PM
:hitler: damned left lane vigilantes....I had one asshole sat night fuggin jawbonin fireworks going 60 in the left lane, then got all made at me when I passed him on the right and started following me at 80. I emptied my entire cup holder full of change onto his car on the way down to the show, in about 6 handfuls at 85mph. Have fun getting the paint chips squared away, asshole!

deebakes
07-06-2016, 03:01 PM
that seems a bit excessive :-k

FBD
07-06-2016, 03:47 PM
he followed me for quite a few miles, passed, fell back, passed again...I found myself wishing I had that 3" steel nut I found in the garage last week, I'da put that through his fkn windshield. I dont care if people want to drive slow, just go do it in the goddam right lane - and if by chance you are an idiot asshole left lane vigilante, dont get pissed at me for passing you on the right - and DONT start fuckin following me or break jobbing me or pass fall back pass fall back bullshit, its going to make me angry.

KevinD
07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Texas passed same law last year or so. Wish they'd enforce it.

Pony
07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Coming home yesterday the car in front of me and myself were dealing with the left lane hog in front of him. everytime there was no car in the right lane he would speed up, every time there was a car going slow in the right lane he would slow 10-15 mph and match their speed. literally a dozen cars were piled up behind him at one point.,
Finally he left a tiny window and the guy in front of him shot into the right lane and punched it, I followed. The left lane idiot was waving his arms and sped up to nearly 90 trying to not let me pass. I cut him off, the car in front of me that also made it through switched to the right lane again and we rode side by side slowing down to below the speed limit to block this asshole.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I had something similar about 2 weeks ago. I was driving in the center lane because it was moving faster than either the right or the left lane. But I was slowly coming up on a semi in the center lane. I just passed someone in the left lane and there was at least a 2 car gap between him and the car in front of him, so I signaled and moved over. I didn't cut him off, I left plenty of room. Next thing I know he is right on my back bumper riding my ass. Well, as soon as I get past the semi in the center lane, I move back over because that lane is moving faster once again. Guy behind me follows me right over to that lane still riding my ass. I got around the slower vehicle I had been behind in the left lane and then moved back over to the left lane. The guy that was right behind me is now doing everything he can to pull up along side me. He is so preoccupied with getting along side me and getting my attention, he doesn't see that traffic is slowing down because of construction ahead. I start slowing down with the traffic, and he thinks he's getting a chance to pull along side me. Well, the center lane was coming to a stop much sooner than the far left lane and he didn't even realize it, and when he finally does, he has to lock the brakes because he was just about to hit the car in front of him. Then he goes to exit at the next exit which is only 100 yards away now, so he has to cut over 2 lanes to get to the exit lane. As he's exiting I can see him out of the corner of my eye with the window down and flipping me off. :roll:

Pony
07-06-2016, 07:08 PM
I would have laughed so hard if he has rear ended the stopped traffic.

KevinD
07-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Coming home yesterday the car in front of me and myself were dealing with the left lane hog in front of him. everytime there was no car in the right lane he would speed up, every time there was a car going slow in the right lane he would slow 10-15 mph and match their speed. literally a dozen cars were piled up behind him at one point.,
Finally he left a tiny window and the guy in front of him shot into the right lane and punched it, I followed. The left lane idiot was waving his arms and sped up to nearly 90 trying to not let me pass. I cut him off, the car in front of me that also made it through switched to the right lane again and we rode side by side slowing down to below the speed limit to block this asshole.

This happens to me all the time. Fortunately, if I'm going 55-60 behind one of these asshats, I can drop into 3rd gear and hit 100 in about 6 seconds or so.

Pony
07-06-2016, 11:46 PM
This happens to me all the time. Fortunately, if I'm going 55-60 behind one of these asshats, I can drop into 3rd gear and hit 100 in about 6 seconds or so.

My 6cyl Odyssey mini van has a surprising amount of pick up for it's size and looks, I have yet to have anyone overcome my jump start and out accelerate me. Typically they are just ignorant of their mirror and I'll be going 20mph faster than them before they even try and speed up. :lol: I know it's not quite a Camaro though!