PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry in stable condition after collapsing during New York concert

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2016, 10:25 AM
The New York Post

http://i.imgur.com/HHPafdR.jpg

Joe Perry, the legendary guitarist of the band Aerosmith, collapsed during a concert with his side project in Coney Island on Sunday night, police sources said.

The 65-year-old was playing alongside actor Johnny Depp and front-man Alice Cooper with his super-group the Hollywood Vampires, when he apparently went into cardiac arrest around 9:30 p.m, the sources said.

Perry was taken to Coney Island hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.

Videos posted to social media showed Perry shredding on his guitar at the Ford Amphitheater at the Coney Island Boardwalk before he suddenly walks over behind a speaker and stumbles backstage.

Sources said he soon lost consciousness and police on the scene revived him.

At around 10:00 p.m., Cooper stopped playing and informed fans that Perry had not been feeling well.

“If you notice one of our brothers is not onstage with us, he was very sick before the show’,” Cooper told the crowd, according to a Facebook user named AeroFANatic, who was at the concert.

The Hollywood Vampires — a rock n’ roll cover band which also consists of Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum — were formed by Perry, Depp and Cooper in 2015.

Cooper had been an original member of the Hollywood Vampires drinking club, founded in the Roxy Hotel in 1972, and decided to name the group after it following a night of heavy drinking and jamming.

redred
07-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Just partying is catching up

FBD
07-11-2016, 01:06 PM
i t does sooner or later, unless youre in the rolling stones or are Ozzy

redred
07-11-2016, 01:15 PM
The toxic twins have done their share of partying :lol:

FBD
07-11-2016, 01:42 PM
and yours, and mine, and... :lol: