PDA

View Full Version : Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Sky News

http://i.imgur.com/swwPzMo.jpg

One of Spain's top bullfighters died Saturday after being gored to death by a bull at a festival.

Victor Barrio, 29, had tried to attract the bull with his cape, a maneuver called a "muletazo". But the bull caught him off guard, sending him to the ground with a painful somersault.

The bull, named Lorenzo, then gored him in the chest.

Hundreds of people had been watching Mr Barrio perform at a tournament in the town of Teruel in Aragon when the bull attacked.

The bullfighter was rushed to hospital but doctors were unable to save his life.

Mr Barrio's death - the first matador fatality in Spain this century - was also shown live on TV.

According to El Pais, Mr Barrio decided on a career in bullfighting at the age of 20, having previously combined his studies with working on a golf course.

He reportedly said: "I had always felt a great admiration for bullfighters and the party but I was ashamed to say I wanted to be a bullfighter and a hero, as I saw them."

Tributes were paid to Barrio by many, including Spain's acting prime minister Mariano Rajoy, who sent his condolences to the bullfighter's family and friends, adding: "rest in peace".

The festival was suspended following Barrio's death.

While around 10 people die each year at Spain's famous bull runs, the last matador death was in 1987 when Jose Eslava Caceres was trapped against boards and his lungs pierced by the bull.

Fodster
07-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Video?

redred
07-11-2016, 11:14 AM
What a shame

Goofy
07-11-2016, 12:43 PM
:haha:

FBD
07-11-2016, 12:45 PM
:rip:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-11-2016, 12:46 PM
A young man stopped at a local restaurant after a day of roaming around in Spain.

While sipping his beer, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious-looking platter being served at the next table.

It looked good.

It smelled good.

He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?"

The waiter replied, "Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bull's testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"

The visitor, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the heck, I'm on holiday down here! Bring me an order!"

The waiter replied, "I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"

The next morning, the man returned, placed his order, and then that evening was served the one and only special delicacy of the day.

After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!"

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si, Senor. Sometimes the bull he wins."

deebakes
07-11-2016, 11:48 PM
:dunce:

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2016, 06:26 PM
what's that old saying? :-k

you play with a bull and your shit's gunna get fucked up....