View Full Version : New Zealand takeaway boss ignores armed robber

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2016, 09:36 PM
cctvvideo in the link :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-36773835

When an armed robber stormed into Said Ahmed's takeaway in New Zealand, he probably did not expect to be ignored.

But Mr Ahmed, who runs the Egyptian Kebab House in Christchurch, wasn't fazed by the gun-wielding masked man demanding money.

In fact, CCTV footage from inside the shop shows the cool kebab shop owner placing an order into a bag and handing it to a waiting customer, as the would-be robber continues to make his demands for cash.

"He came into my shop and took out a gun from a bag and asked me to give him money," Mr Ahmed explained.

"I'm not a hero. I just stayed calm and he wasn't expecting that"

"I am a businessman. I hadn't finished with my customer and my priority was to finish serving him," Mr Ahmed said.

"When the customer left I walked to the kitchen to call the police. I told him too and he couldn't believe it.

"For a moment I was scared he might shoot but then I just thought if that happens then it is my destiny, but my calm reaction just surprised him I think and he just ran away."

The CCTV footage of the incident in May was posted by Canterbury police on their Facebook page. It has been viewed 170,000 times and has more than 750 shares.

Mr Ahmed said the footage of the casual hold-up has turned him into a local celebrity.

He said: "Customers have been telling me how brave I am but I don't think I am brave. It just happened and I didn't really think anything of it.

"It was a surprise because nothing like this has ever happened to me in the 15 years I have owned the shop.

"It has made me a little bit famous though and that is quite nice."

Police are still looking for the gunman.

DemonGeminiX
07-12-2016, 09:47 PM
:lol:

"Give me your money!"

"Shut up, I'm dealing with a customer."