PDA

View Full Version : Marc Lamont Hill, CNN commentator: Black people can’t be racist

Teh One Who Knocks
07-13-2016, 10:03 AM
By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times

http://i.imgur.com/tmGGSwX.jpg

Defending the Black Lives Matter movement Monday, political commentator Marc Lamont Hill said black people do not have the ability to be racist, because they lack the “institutional power” necessary to “deploy racism.”

“To say that the Black Lives Matter movement is racist is bizarre to me not just because black people don’t have the institutional power to be racist or to deploy racism, but because the movement has called for justice,” Mr. Hill said on “CNN Newsroom.”

The remark comes after Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, ambushed police at a Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas, killing five officers and injuring seven others.

Shortly before he was killed by police, Mr. Johnson said he wanted to kill white people, especially police officers.

Mr. Hill also said there is a double standard for black people when it comes to political dissent.

“Only when black people say the country’s moving in the wrong direction do they say it’s un-American,” he said. “When conservatives in the ‘80s and ‘90s said America is moving in the wrong direction … no one said, ‘Well if you don’t like it, leave it.’ They said, ‘OK, we’ll try to change it.’”

FBD
07-13-2016, 12:46 PM
you keep using that word, I dont think you mean what you think it means

you're looking for the word oppression, dumbo

Teh One Who Knocks
07-13-2016, 01:03 PM
you keep using that word, I dont think you mean what you think it means

you're looking for the word oppression, dumbo

You sound white :hand:

FBD
07-13-2016, 01:17 PM
:hand: nigga please

Muddy
07-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Everyone is wasting their breath having this conversation with these people.. Just drop it and let them think the way they want to. It really doesn't matter unless you are bothered by someone thinking differently than yourself.

RBP
07-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Everyone is wasting their breath having this conversation with these people.. Just drop it and let them think the way they want to. It really doesn't matter unless you are bothered by someone thinking differently than yourself.

:agreed: I have a better chance of getting a rim job from Bella Thorne than having a rational discussion about this with an angry black protestor.

FBD
07-13-2016, 05:28 PM
this mindset was not cultivated by accident

Pony
07-13-2016, 05:40 PM

Yes it's a total waste of breath, unfortunately the more we are quiet the more attention they seem to be getting.

Godfather
07-13-2016, 06:58 PM
“[...]because black people don’t have the institutional power to be racist or to deploy racism[...]”

Wut

RBP
07-13-2016, 07:27 PM
“[...]because black people don’t have the institutional power to be racist or to deploy racism[...]”

Wut

Same logic is used by feminists. Women can't be sexist because they lack institutional power.

The language was added to make their own actions justifiable.