PDA

View Full Version : Lena Dunham supports students who say dining hall sushi is cultural appropriation

Teh One Who Knocks
07-14-2016, 10:58 AM
New York Post

http://i.imgur.com/Daek2Fc.jpg

Actress Lena Dunham is standing — and eating — in solidarity with whiny students from her ultra-liberal alma mater, who protested this year that Oberlin College was “insensitive” for serving “culturally appropriated” food in its dining halls.

The “Girls” star — who graduated from the exclusive liberal arts school in 2008 — said students are indeed justified in picking a food fight, Food & Wine magazine reported.

“There are now big conversations at Oberlin, where I went to college, about cultural appropriation and whether the dining hall sushi and banh mi disrespect certain cuisines. 
The press reported it as, ‘How crazy are Oberlin kids?’ But to me, it was actually, ‘Right on,’” Dunham told the magazine.

Gastronomically correct students at the Ohio college protested in November that phony dining hall versions of the ethnic cuisine are slap in the face to people from those countries.

FBD
07-14-2016, 03:26 PM
somebody put an apple in this pig's mouth

Muddy
07-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Fuck this cunt.. The Asians love the business they get from everyone buying their food.

Pony
07-14-2016, 04:31 PM
I think every place in the US should only serve "american" food.

Wait, which foods do we have again that didn't come over from people migrating here?

RBP
07-14-2016, 04:44 PM

Wait, which foods do we have again that didn't come over from people migrating here?

Buffalo over open fire.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Don't forget corn :)

RBP
07-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Maize. :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-14-2016, 04:55 PM
:doh: Sorry, was using the white man's term :oops:

RBP
07-14-2016, 05:02 PM
:racist:

Godfather
07-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Cultural appropriation of fucking food is the most insane SJW belief I've heard to date. It's just so ridiculous... why would we not share foods between cultures? Why does that make any literal sense? Who is that good for? We've been trading spices with other civilizations for thousands of years.

If this porker believes we can only eat the foods of our own culture she can disappear back into mud-pile she came from and snuffle around for truffles like the pig she is. Stop culturally appropriating human food.

Muddy
07-14-2016, 11:36 PM

This statement really grabbed me.. it's the truth..