PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity culture making women feel insufficiently stupid

Goofy
06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
WOMAN are being pressurised into emulating unrealistic levels of brainless folly, according to a new report.

How are you supposed to compete with this fucking moron?
Research by the Institute for Studies found that female celebrity role models like Katie Price, Paris Hilton and the triple-headed tit hydra that is the Kardashian sisters possessed a level of dim-wittedness which is unattainable for most women.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: "They're asking themselves questions like 'Am I stupid enough?', 'Can I ever fully exclude thoughts unrelated to sex and social status from my mind?' and 'Will I ever be just a dead-eyed, Ronsealed-looking host organism for pretend boobs?'.

"Of course the answer is invariably 'no' and this is where neurosis begins."

He added: "We live in an age where everything wants to be stupid, but it's important to remember that there is more to life. Like, for example, being rich.

"Women must learn to be happy with their own personal stupidity - and perhaps set personal thickness goals, for example convincing themselves of one idiotic thing every day such as that kangaroos are a type of dog."

Teacher Emma Bradford said: "However hard I try and whatever products I use, I cannot make my brain the same as Khloe Kardashian's and that upsets me.

"It seems that however hard I try I am stuck with a level of intellect somewhat above the Heat magazine ideal.

"Sometimes, in a fit of self-loathing, I go and gorge myself on a book."

Teh One Who Knocks
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM
That's the opposite of what I see here in the US. All you have to do is watch the commercials that are on TV now, and I would say that a healthy share of them are portraying men as complete idiots while the woman in the commercial 'saves the day' for the poor helpless man. :wha:

Godfather
06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree with lance

This article has no real substance anyway... it's just a few sentences of some whiny dribble. I'm not even sure what the point of this study was all about.

Besides... if media makes women feel stupid, then they should stop watch soooo many bullshit TV shows and Kathine Heigl movies

SmoothBob
06-19-2011, 04:55 PM
I've been ranting in a few threads so far and now i find this, the rant thread, fantastic!

RIGHT!

Something needs to be done, something very serious. We have no future as a species as long as these feckin, gods i am so angry right now i cant even.. breathe

Right, i might no be in the happiest of moods today but it doesnae take away from how i actually feel. The media, the tv, magazines, books, these talentless, life sucking, society destroying fucking mutants. How have we allowed ourselves to become obsessed by celebrities and gossip and all the other fuckin morononic.. Im getting lost for words again..

My wife tells me sometimes i need to find grey areas in life, that i cant be black or white about everything, but this pish makes my blood boil. If i had a daughter and she said she wanted to be like one of these fucknuts i would break down and wonder where i went wrong? For gods sake what are we doing, where are we going?

It is not news if someone hasn't got there accessories matching. It is not fuckin news about who was at what party. Im gonna fuckin kill...

I need a smoke..

FBD
06-19-2011, 04:55 PM
That's the opposite of what I see here in the US. All you have to do is watch the commercials that are on TV now, and I would say that a healthy share of them are portraying men as complete idiots while the woman in the commercial 'saves the day' for the poor helpless man. :wha:

yup, its not politically correct to be a smart white man these days

Godfather
06-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Do we know Smoothbob?!? I think he just blew a fuse :lol:

SmoothBob
06-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I aint exploded yet, had a smoke, am relaxed now lol

PorkChopSandwiches
06-19-2011, 07:04 PM
they need to dumb it down

Godfather
06-19-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk

Southern Belle
06-19-2011, 11:34 PM
I've been ranting in a few threads so far and now i find this, the rant thread, fantastic!

RIGHT!

Something needs to be done, something very serious. We have no future as a species as long as these feckin, gods i am so angry right now i cant even.. breathe

Right, i might no be in the happiest of moods today but it doesnae take away from how i actually feel. The media, the tv, magazines, books, these talentless, life sucking, society destroying fucking mutants. How have we allowed ourselves to become obsessed by celebrities and gossip and all the other fuckin morononic.. Im getting lost for words again..

My wife tells me sometimes i need to find grey areas in life, that i cant be black or white about everything, but this pish makes my blood boil. If i had a daughter and she said she wanted to be like one of these fucknuts i would break down and wonder where i went wrong? For gods sake what are we doing, where are we going?

It is not news if someone hasn't got there accessories matching. It is not fuckin news about who was at what party. Im gonna fuckin kill...

I need a smoke..

Tell us how you really feel.

Welcome back hon!

SmoothBob
06-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

Welcome back hon!

Thanks! I read it back later and was thinkin bloody hell, bit strong lol:shock:

Dragoness_Cutie
06-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Please, please, PLEASE tell me this is an Onion article or something!!! Otherwise, it just makes me sick.

DemonGeminiX
06-20-2011, 01:18 AM
It's from the Daily Mash.

Dragoness_Cutie
06-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Which is also apparently a satire site. That makes me happy! :lol:

Deepsepia
06-20-2011, 01:47 AM
the triple-headed tit hydra that is the Kardashian sisters

Fantastic line . . . who wrote this, this is good stuff!

DemonGeminiX
06-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Fantastic line . . . who wrote this, this is good stuff!

It's from the Daily Mash.

:-s

Goofy
06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
:facepalm: This is a joke article people, a bit of light hearted fun not to be taken seriously :lol:

SmoothBob
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey look, yesterday was a bit of a rant for a bit, alright boss! :rant:

:grouphug:

Arkady Renko
06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
hilarious stuff, and right to the point.