PDA

View Full Version : Man Gets 4 Years In Jail For Fighting Home Invasion

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2016, 11:45 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/l5qZuLz.jpg

A 35-year-old homeowner in Hyvinkaa, Finland, was recently sentenced to four years and two months in jail for fighting off three intruders who attempted a home invasion in April.

The homeowner must also pay the intruders, who got shorter prison sentences, $23,000 in damages, notes RT.com.

The intruders - two men and one woman - reportedly entered the man's house with baseball bats and a gun, but the homeowner made it to his kitchen and was able to grab a knife and fight off the criminals.

According to Helsinki news, the homeowner was convicted of "excessive self-defense and attempted manslaughter" after a nearly four-month court case.

It's not clear how badly the intruders were injured by the man, whom they outnumbered, but no one died.

The three thieves were convicted for felony home invasion and assault, but only got one-year-and-two-month conditional sentences, which are like probation or being under house arrest (not being able to leave your home).

The intruders only have to pay the homeowner $3,300 combined, which means they will come out ahead financially.

RBP
07-22-2016, 12:20 PM
wtf kind of backward ass shit is this? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2016, 12:22 PM
wtf kind of backward ass shit is this? :lol:

:finland:

RBP
07-22-2016, 12:28 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/69587651.jpg

FBD
07-22-2016, 12:31 PM
Who in their right mind goes on and says its illegal to defend oneself, that's retarded

Loser
07-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Id rather be judged by twelve vs carried by 6.

RBP
07-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Id rather be judged by twelve vs carried by 6.

I like this one too... I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

RBP
07-23-2016, 07:12 AM
:bump:

RBP
07-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Can someone add "IN FINLAND" to the title so little-dick-coffee-wank reads this? :lol:

Oofty Goofty
07-23-2016, 05:58 PM
excessive self-defense

What was their intent on entering his home armed with guns and a baseball bat? Even California isn't this fucking stupid!

Godfather
07-23-2016, 07:32 PM
I'd love to read the Judges sentencing comments but can't find them anywhere online. Anyone got a source?

RBP
07-23-2016, 07:41 PM
I'd love to read the Judges sentencing comments but can't find them anywhere online. Anyone got a source?

Maybe Jezter can find it and translate it. I translated a Finnish article that basically said he went beyond defending himself and tried to kill them. That would be fine here. :lol:

Godfather
07-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Maybe Jezter can find it and translate it. I translated a Finnish article that basically said he went beyond defending himself and tried to kill them. That would be fine here. :lol:

That's sort of what I'm thinking, but Finland is a very left leaning country so hard to know.

I thought people had gone to jail in the US for shooting perps in the back fleeing and shit too though, no?

RBP
07-23-2016, 07:54 PM
That's sort of what I'm thinking, but Finland is a very left leaning country so hard to know.

I thought people had gone to jail in the US for shooting perps in the back fleeing and shit too though, no?

I believe so, yes, but usually only in extreme circumstances like the guy who held them captive and tortured them before killing them. I want to say Minnesota.

Edit: Yes, Minnesota. Byron Smith.

Godfather
07-23-2016, 07:55 PM
I believe so, yes, but usually only in extreme circumstances like the guy who held them captive and tortured them before killing them. I want to say Minnesota.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHkqJpWWwAAAsxm.jpg:large

RBP
07-24-2016, 04:21 AM

Jezter
07-24-2016, 11:52 AM
This is Finland for you guys! I have always said our legal system is just fucking ridiculous and this is another example of that. It just doesn't make any sense! Also, Im slightly hungover still so I might have to revisit this thread once Im recovered.

RBP
08-03-2016, 09:38 AM
This is Finland for you guys! I have always said our legal system is just fucking ridiculous and this is another example of that. It just doesn't make any sense! Also, Im slightly hungover still so I might have to revisit this thread once Im recovered.