PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern

Godfather
07-23-2016, 07:11 PM
I'd never listened to Stern in my life until recently. I knew he was a big radio host but don't have satellite radio and never heard him. The other day someone sent me a youtube link to a Stern interview with a Comedian he knew I like...

Holy crap - I was totally blown away by how good the interview was. I think I understand why he makes huge money . Stern is an incredible interviewer. He's disarming, asks fantastic questions, isn't afraid to get personal, and has a flow asking questions that get great stories out of people. He has a gift to get wild stories out of people. It's so vastly different from the canned responses that 98% of interviewers get from people. You watch a Stern interview and feel like you actually know who the interviewee is after it's done.

I'm on a binge of old episodes now online :lol: Anyone here a fan? If you have any old episode recommendations, I am all ears!

FBD
07-23-2016, 08:08 PM
used to listen to him on whcn forever ago, there were times I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard :lol:

Godfather
07-23-2016, 08:14 PM
:lol: I love that, it's like being part of a group of funny friends except you just get to listen. The only other radio show I've laughed so much at was Loveline with Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew back when I was just a kid. I'd listen to it in bed late at night and cry laughing, but trying not to let my parents hear because I was far too young for it.

If you think of any particular episode or bits I should look up, I'm all ears. I'm on a binge right now.

FBD
07-25-2016, 12:06 PM
the one with artie talking about being dressed as a pig and having snorted a bunch of coke and having to do that mad tv skit was f'n hilarious...other than that, tough to remember specifics....but that one with artie, ho man... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-25-2016, 03:41 PM
There is no better interviewer

Lambchop
07-25-2016, 09:44 PM
Yeah I like his stuff. Especially the Wack Pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJteBQfds2c

Muddy
07-26-2016, 12:46 AM
His interviews with William Shatner were always fun..