PDA

View Full Version : Female teacher says it’s ‘school’s fault’ that she had sex with boy, 17

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Rob Waugh for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/ncqpCsz.jpg

A female teacher accused of having sex with a 17-year-old pupil has said that the school is partly to blame for her crimes.

Mary Beth Haglin, 24, was arrested for her relationship with the 17-year-old, and will appear in court charged with sexual exploitation of a minor.

But she says that the school is partly to blame for ‘turning a blind eye’ – and claims they knew about the relationship long before reporting it.

She said, ‘I am not shying away from this. I am not running away from this. I am facing this head-on.’

‘Previous abusive relationships led me into this. The environment the school put me in didn’t help to curb anything.’

She claims, in particular, that the school assigned her to other Cedar Rapids schools as a substitute, while investigating her.

She showed records to a local news station which revealed that even after she was released from Washington High, she was re-assigned to other schools in the area.

She claims it’s evidence of an intentional cover-up.

‘These people all knew what was going on, but they turned a blind eye because they wanted to protect their school and didn’t want it to get into the limelight.

‘They allowed this to happen. They knew in February.’

Haglin faces up to two years in jail if convicted.

redred
07-28-2016, 11:54 AM
:wank: :hitit: :lwank:

redred
07-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Oh almost forgot I hope the poor 17 boy is OK

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2016, 11:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nRumLtL.jpg

I'm going with not guilty on this one.

:hitit:

RBP
07-28-2016, 12:05 PM
:wank: :hitit: :lwank:

I could post pictures of other sex offenders for you to wank to if you'd like. :tup:

Oh almost forgot I hope the poor 17 boy is OK

:slap:

RBP
07-28-2016, 12:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nRumLtL.jpg

I'm going with not guilty on this one.

More... http://www.everipedia.com/mary-beth-haglin/

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2016, 12:09 PM
I don't get it at all. She's an attractive woman, she could probably get any guy she wants and maybe even manipulate and control him to do whatever her whims and desires dictates. All the control in the world. So why bother with a kid?

RBP
07-28-2016, 12:52 PM
I don't get it at all. She's an attractive woman, she could probably get any guy she wants and maybe even manipulate and control him to do whatever her whims and desires dictates. All the control in the world. So why bother with a kid?

You would never ask that question about a male sex offender.

FBD
07-28-2016, 12:54 PM
male sex offenders dont have a vag to sling :lol:

FBD
07-28-2016, 12:54 PM
TSA gets away with all kinds of shit like this

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-28/us-government-pays-475000-illegally-searching-womans-vagina?page=1

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2016, 12:59 PM
You would never ask that question about a male sex offender.

Male sex offenders generally aren't attractive. The good looking guys that might have the capability of becoming a sex offender can exert power over women within their own age group, and still get off on it.

RBP
07-28-2016, 01:01 PM
Male sex offenders generally aren't attractive. The good looking guys that might have the capability of becoming a sex offender can exert power over women within their own age group.

You think it's attractiveness (or lack there of) that determines sex offenders. I am not even sure how to respond to such lunacy.

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2016, 01:13 PM
:slap:

That's a ridiculous leap of logic.

No, it's a predatory nature. The attractiveness level just lends to the fact that the predator can engage in their manipulations within their own age group.

RBP
07-28-2016, 01:19 PM
I am glad we agree that all teachers who manipulate students for sex are predators.

Fun fact. Roughly 50% of people who commit child sexual assault in families are not pedophiles.

It's not necessarily about sexual urges at all. It can just as likely be about manipulation and control.

fricnjay
07-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Our laws are screwy, lets be honest a 17 kid in this situation is in no way being exploited. If it were me I would have been 100% a willing and knowing participant.

redred
07-28-2016, 01:25 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/everipedia-storage/ProfilePics/6666665303247250455.PNG

she even gives blow jobs to smurfs , is that a crime ?

redred
07-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Our laws are screwy, lets be honest a 17 kid in this situation is in no way being exploited. If it were me I would have been 100% a willing and knowing participant.

RBP get picky about the position of trust thing :tup: not the age

RBP
07-28-2016, 01:26 PM

You have nothing to back that up except your own inability to accept that there are female sexual predators with male victims.

You would not say the same about a male teacher and a female student. Hell, you wouldn't likely say the same about a female teacher with a female student.

RBP
07-28-2016, 01:27 PM

Leave porky out of this. :hand:

redred
07-28-2016, 01:28 PM
http://pre00.deviantart.net/c815/th/pre/i/2014/226/6/4/smurf_with_mexican_dance_outfit_by_super_marcos_96-d7v3nhl.png

RBP
07-28-2016, 01:29 PM
RBP gets picky about the position of trust thing :tup: not the age

Correct.

fricnjay
07-28-2016, 01:34 PM
You have nothing to back that up except your own inability to accept that there are female sexual predators with male victims.

You would not say the same about a male teacher and a female student. Hell, you wouldn't likely say the same about a female teacher with a female student.

I have no problem believing that there are female sexual predators with male victims. However I also remember what it was like to be a 17 year old kid and knew 100s just like me. If I was tapping that in high school I would still be bragging about that sexual conquest to this day. That's the difference, males especially at that age look at women as sexual conquests not relationships. Who's to say the male didn't manipulate the situation to get in her pants. All I'm saying is 17 is really a gray area in this situation. I know I was having sex at 15 so at 17 I was more than able to make a consensual decision. And trust me if I had a teacher that looked like that that showed me a little "extra attention" I would have rolled the dice. ;)

RBP
07-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Who's to say the male didn't manipulate the situation to get in her pants.

The law and community standards of decency.

So you're totally fine with high school teachers (male or female) having sexual involvement with students (male or female) as long as the students "say" it was consensual?

fricnjay
07-28-2016, 02:11 PM
The law and community standards of decency.

So you're totally fine with high school teachers (male or female) having sexual involvement with students (male or female) as long as the students "say" it was consensual?

That's not what I'm saying at all. The law itself is my problem because just because one person is 18 or over automatically makes them the criminal in the situation. The law has made it impossible to actually find the truth. Why cant a 15 year old girl be perfectly aware of her actions when she seduces her 23 year old teacher. Or flip the roles and so on. My problem with this is if you automatically assume its the person 18 or up you may be creating and encouraging a REAL predictor. That's the bottom line. Just because someone is a minor doesn't make them innocent. In this case all I can say is I know what the answer would be for me. Now should students and teachers be allowed to be in relationships? I lean towards no but I also believe it should not be legal issue unless an actual real crime was committed. Ultimately it should be an ISD policy and then the teachers job would be the issue. I think the issue of laws based on age is problematic at best because age is very subjective. I understand the idea of protecting youth but at the same time these kind of laws can help perpetuate serious future problems for kids.

RBP
07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
That's not what I'm saying at all. The law itself is my problem because just because one person is 18 or over automatically makes them the criminal in the situation. The law has made it impossible to actually find the truth. Why cant a 15 year old girl be perfectly aware of her actions when she seduces her 23 year old teacher. Or flip the roles and so on. My problem with this is if you automatically assume its the person 18 or up you may be creating and encouraging a REAL predictor. That's the bottom line. Just because someone is a minor doesn't make them innocent. In this case all I can say is I know what the answer would be for me. Now should students and teachers be allowed to be in relationships? I lean towards no but I also believe it should not be legal issue unless an actual real crime was committed. Ultimately it should be an ISD policy and then the teachers job would be the issue. I think the issue of laws based on age is problematic at best because age is very subjective. I understand the idea of protecting youth but at the same time these kind of laws can help perpetuate serious future problems for kids.

You aren't saying that....but then went into a lengthy explanation of why you are saying EXACTLY that. Okay. There should be no statutory rape laws and adults should be able to use the "he or she wanted it" defense. Got it. Power structures between teachers and students should be ignored. Got it.

Start writing letters to eliminate all age of consent and power-structure laws. Good luck.

fricnjay
07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Thats not what I'm saying either, but you obviously have already made up your mind so I'm not wasting anymore of my time trying to explain my opinion. What I will say is I am surrounded by educators. Out of all my close friends including my wife I'm the only non educator. And seeing how my wife is the lead councilor at a high school I have seen these types of situations unfold and they are not always black and white and the student is not always a innocent victim.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Thats not what I'm saying either, but you obviously have already made up your mind so I'm not wasting anymore of my time trying to explain my opinion. What I will say is I am surrounded by educators. Out of all my close friends including my wife I'm the only non educator. And seeing how my wife is the lead councilor at a high school I have seen these types of situations unfold and they are not always black and white and the student is not always a innocent victim.

Actually, they are. Even if the student ends up being the instigator, you as an adult are the one making the decision to proceed with whatever transpires.

redred
07-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Which goes back to the position of trust thing again :tup:

Goofy
07-28-2016, 02:48 PM
You aren't saying that....but then went into a lengthy explanation of why you are saying EXACTLY that. Okay. There should be no statutory rape laws and adults should be able to use the "he or she wanted it" defense. Got it. Power structures between teachers and students should be ignored. Got it.

Start writing letters to eliminate all age of consent and power-structure laws. Good luck.

:woot: Im having a supermodel tonight then :cheers:

FBD
07-28-2016, 03:20 PM

:lol: he just doesnt want to accept that 18 year old any of us would do it without a second thought or feelings of victimization. for some reason it doesnt add up that we dont condone it, but we're honest enough with ourselves that we know at 17, 18, we'd be hittin that shit like we stole it and wouldnt be giving two shits otherwise.

I dont understand how that's hypocritical :D

PorkChopSandwiches
07-28-2016, 03:25 PM

Leave porky out of this. :hand:

How did I know that was coming :lol:

BTW

Hugh_Janus
07-28-2016, 06:47 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/everipedia-storage/ProfilePics/6666665303247250455.PNG

wkd blue... you know she's a slapper

RBP
07-28-2016, 07:46 PM
:lol: he just doesnt want to accept that 18 year old any of us would do it without a second thought or feelings of victimization. for some reason it doesnt add up that we dont condone it, but we're honest enough with ourselves that we know at 17, 18, we'd be hittin that shit like we stole it and wouldnt be giving two shits otherwise.

I dont understand how that's hypocritical :D

So if a bankster technically breaks a law, but he feels it's perfectly reasonable, common sense, and honest to take advantage of the situation, and the regulators go along... should they still be hung in the public square? I'm confused...

Pony
07-28-2016, 09:16 PM
I'm staying out of this one.....

RBP
07-28-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm staying out of this one.....

That's what the teacher should have said.

FBD
07-29-2016, 12:38 PM
So if a bankster technically breaks a law, but he feels it's perfectly reasonable, common sense, and honest to take advantage of the situation, and the regulators go along... should they still be hung in the public square? I'm confused...

somewhere in that halfassed comparison is missing the public saying "please fuck us"...