PDA

View Full Version : 'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn Is Dead

Jezter
06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died in a car crash in Pennsylvania early this morning ... TMZ has confirmed with Bam Margera's mother.

34-year-old Dunn appeared in all of the "Jackass" movies -- famously shoving a toy car into his rectum in the first flick back in 2002.

Dunn and an unidentified person both died in the crash which happened around 3 a.m. at Route 322 and New Street in West Goshen Township. It's unclear who was driving the car.

We're told the car caught fire in the crash -- and hours later, a tow truck was called to the scene to remove the charred wreckage.

Just hours before his death, Dunn posted a photo on Twitter showing himself drinking with friends.

Joebob034
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/ryan-dunn-dead-jackass-star-car-crash_n_880322.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/293928/thumbs/r-RYAN-DUNN-large570.jpg
Ryan Dunn, one of the stars of MTV's "Jackass," has died in a car crash. He was 34.

NBC Philadelphia reports that Dunn and another passenger died in a 3 a.m crash at Route 322 and New Street in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania.

The news of the death was confirmed by April Margera, mother of "Jackass" star Bam, in an interview with a local radio show. TMZ also confirmed with Margera.

TMZ reported that Dunn posted to Twitter a photo of himself drinking with friends just hours before the crash; it has since been removed.

Dunn was perhaps best known for his parts in crashing golf carts and placing a toy car, in a condom, up his rectum in the original "Jackass" film.

MrsM
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
:rip: I figured it would have been during one of their stunts

redred
06-20-2011, 03:17 PM
:rip: so when do we find out he was drink driving or he was being driven by one?

AntZ
06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Crash Kills Ryan Dunn Of MTV's Jackass
Police: 2 Dead In Wreck, Speed Was Possible Factor

WEST GOSHEN, Pa. - Ryan Dunn of MTV's "Jackass" series died in an early morning crash Monday in Chester County, Pa., police have confirmed.

West Goshen Township police said they got the call of an automobile crash around 2:38 a.m. Upon arrival, police found a 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 "off the road and in the woods that was fully engulfed in flames."

Dunn was the registered owner of the vehicle and its driver, according to police, who went on to say in a news release that "preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident."

Police added that they're awaiting positive identification before releasing the passenger's identity.

MTV issued this statement to its Twitter account late Monday morning: "We're deeply saddened by the passing of a member of the MTV family, Ryan Dunn. Our hearts and thoughts are with his friends and family."

MTV News encouraged fans to share condolences with the Dunn and "Jackass" families at this link .

Earlier Monday, Fox 29 News spoke to April Margera, mother of "Jackass" star Bam Margera, who said she was told Dunn died in the wreck. She went on to say that he was like a son to her and called her every Mother's Day.

April Margera gave the name of a second person who died in the crash, but Fox 29 News is withholding that name until police confirm the ID. She said she did not know who was driving and there may have been a third occupant (police have not mentioned a third occupant).

The crash kept Route 322 closed between New Street and Pottstown Pike for much of the morning. Motorists were advised to use Ashbridge Street to avoid the closure before the road reopened around 9:30 a.m.

TMZ is reporting that just hours before his death, Dunn posted a photo on his Twitter account showing himself drinking with friends.

The Associated Press said a phone message left for Dunn's manager wasn't immediately returned.

Dunn, 34, appeared in all three of the "Jackass" movies, the latest being "Jackass 3D." He also had a one-season run with a show of his own, called "Homewrecker," on which he helped practical jokes victims get revenge.

Dunn also recently hosted a show called "Proving Ground" on the G4 cable network.

Here's how MTV described his career: "Dunn kicked off his career doing crazy stunts and skateboard tricks in a series of online videos, which eventually led to his part in MTV's 'Jackass' in 2000. The daredevil was a key member of the crew, appearing in 'Jackass' spin-offs like 'Viva La Bam' and 'Bam's Unholy Union,' as Bam's sidekick and often acting as the voice of reason within the zany crew. ... He even took a stab at Hollywood, with a role in non-'Jackass' projects like the Jessica Simpson flick 'Blonde Ambition' and on the NBC procedural staple 'Law & Order: SVU.'"

Tank
06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
:rip: so when do we find out he was drink driving or he was being driven by one?

:rip: - i have Jackass 3 to watch tonight . . . .not sure if i can now :(

i'd hate to think either person in the car was drink driving, but by the sounds of it, especially him tweeting himself drinking, its quite possible a factor in the accident.

a guy in my village died this weekend due to drink driving . . . he lived no more than 10 mins walk from the pub but still drove. went through a 'road ahead closed' set of roadworks probably thinking they were just repairing potholes, only to crash into a 20ft hole. and as he wasnt wearing a seatbelt he exited the car via the windscreen. some guys who knew him tried to justify the drive home because it was raining quite heavy, and "he'd only had a few and only lives round the corner" . . . . well guess that few was a few too many.

redred
06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
and there may have been a third occupant (police have not mentioned a third occupant).

aren't 911 gt3's 2 seaters?

AntZ
06-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Try to find 3.5, it also has new super funny stuff!

Hugh_Janus
06-20-2011, 05:53 PM
back seats in 911s aren't worth a wank anyway. Even if id didn't have seats, you can still fit someone in the back.

Also, if he was drink driving.... fuck him

redred
06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
thats what i think the gt3 was the stripped out racer and wouldn't even have those silly things they try and say are rear seats

AntZ
06-20-2011, 09:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4xwd0.jpg

deebakes
06-20-2011, 10:58 PM
:rip: thanks for the laughs dunn

Godfather
06-21-2011, 02:14 AM
This had me really down all day :( I grew up watching Jackass and still own all the movies/tv shows. It's a generational thing maybe, but he was a cool guy and part of the extreme/x-games/wild/skateboard/snowboard scene that I loved growing up as a kid who did that kind of thing myself.

Dunn was my favorite of the bunch. Guy was just funny, laid back, but still as crazy as the rest. Above all else, to me he was just cool.

Thoughts and prayers with his friends, Westchester, family and everyone who loved him.

Rest in peace man. You will be missed.

Godfather
06-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Radio Bam tribute show can be dl'd here if you're interested

http://cookandy.com/radiobam/

It was announce on WMMR in Westchester PA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPwYrHlKEc

AntZ
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Roger Ebert's Tweet After Ryan Dunn's Death Angers "Jackass" Star's Friends

Published June 21, 2011 | NewsCore

Ryan Dunn, one of the stars of the TV and movie series "Jackass," was killed early Monday in a single-car accident in Pennsylvania, apparently after a night of drinking. He was 34 years old.

Film critic Roger Ebert provoked anger following Dunn's death by posting a Twitter link to the story, following it with the comment, "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

Dunn's friend and "Jackass" co-star Bam Margera hit back, "I just lost my best friend, I have been crying hysterical for a full day and piece of sh*t roger ebert has the gall to put in his 2 cents."

Dunn's other famous friends also weighed in.

"Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn," "Jackass" star and co-creator Johnny Knoxville said on Twitter after news of Dunn's death broke. "RIP Ryan, I love you buddy."

His costar Stephen "Steve-O" Glover expressed shock, writing, "I don't know what to say, except I love Ryan Dunn and I'm really going to miss him."

Police said Dunn crashed his 2007 Porsche while driving in West Goshen, about 35 miles (56 kilometers) west of Philadelphia, at 2:38am local time Monday.

Dunn and his passenger, who has not yet been identified, "died as a result of injuries sustained in the accident," according to police.

West Goshen police said Dunn's Porsche was found in a wooded area off the road "fully engulfed in flames." They said speed may have been a contributing factor in the accident. An investigation into the crash is ongoing.

Dunn spent nearly four hours at a bar in his hometown of West Chester, two miles west of West Goshen, before getting behind the wheel, TMZ reported.

A few hours before his death, Dunn also posted a photo on Twitter of himself drinking with two other men.

According to TMZ, a friend of Dunn's said he drank three light beers and three "girly shots" at the bar but said he was "not too drunk to drive."

Another witness told the website Dunn "had a lot to drink" and described him as being "wasted."

Police have not said if alcohol was suspected as a factor in the crash.

Dunn appeared in all three seasons of the "Jackass" TV series on MTV and all three movies, most recently "Jackass 3D" in 2010.

He was also a host of the series "Proving Ground," which premiered last week on cable network G4. A spokeswoman for the network said the show "will not be airing for now" as G4 decides how to proceed. Eight episodes of "Proving Ground" were produced before Dunn's death.

"We are devastated by the tragic loss of Ryan Dunn -- a beloved member of the MTV family for more than a decade," MTV Networks Music/Films Group President Van Toffler said in a statement. "He made us all laugh and had the tireless enthusiastic approach to life of your favorite middle school friend. Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Ryan's family and friends."

April Margera, mother of Dunn's "Jackass" costar Bam Margera, told Radar Online that Dunn was like her "extra son."

"I have not been able to talk with Bam as he is in Arizona, but I cannot believe that his friend is dead," she said. "I felt like I lost one of my own sons when I heard that Ryan Dunn had died."

She said Dunn left behind a long-term girlfriend.

"Jackass" cast members Dave England and Jason "Wee Man" Acuna also took to Twitter to memorialize their friend and costar.

"I love you Ryan. I'm gonna miss you bad," England wrote.

Acuna said, "I MISS YOU BUD!! You were always a happy kick-ass dude!!"

Godfather
06-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't really get why Ebert had to be a dick about it.... what business of it was his.

Anyways... wow. That's tough to read. Sad when anyone that young dies, but in a funny way it's almost like they're your own friends having watched those clowns for over a decade now. Hope they pull together

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2011, 05:31 PM
You know what? I'm sorry that he died, but if it was because he was drunk AND speeding, then I really don't have any sympathy for him. And Ebert may have been an ass about the way he wrote it, but he has a valid point.

redred
06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
yes luckily no innocent members of the public were hurt

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Exactly

Muddy
06-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Sorry the fella got killed, but really when you get shitfaced and drive you take a huge risk... Thank god he didnt hurt someone innocent.

Godfather
06-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I totally agree. And if he does turn out to have been drunk (some at the bar say he was fine, others don't), I'll be far less sympathetic. Hell, I'd change my status to the same thing if I cared about twitter

But Ebert was chiming in before most of Dunn's closest friends had, or even knew... and long before any autopsy has been released. Just don't get what the point of that was...

Kinda like lance said, he was an ass about it. Though I condone drinking and driving like crazy. Really hope he wasn't wasted, not that it matters in the end.

Muddy
06-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it was dicky of him...

Teh One Who Knocks
06-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Friends don't let friends drink and drive
By Roger Ebert

@BAM_MARGERA I just lost my best friend, I have been crying hysterically for a full day and piece of shit roger ebert has the gall to put in his 2 cents

@BAM_MARGERA About a jackass drunk driving and his is one, fuck you! Millions of people are crying right now, shut your fat fucking mouth!

To begin with, I offer my sympathy to Ryan Dunn's family and friends, and to those of Zachary Hartwell, who also died in the crash. I mean that sincerely. It is tragic to lose a loved one. I also regret that my tweet about the event was considered cruel. It was not intended as cruel. It was intended as true.

I have no way of knowing if Ryan Dunn was drunk at the time of his death. What I knew before posting my tweet was that not long before his death, he posted a photo on Tumbler showing himself drinking with two friends. I tweeted:

http://i.imgur.com/6ojCp.jpg

What did I mean by that? I meant exactly what I wrote. I wasn't calling Ryan Dunn a jackass. In Twitter shorthand, I was referring to his association with "Jackass." I thought that was clear. I note that Bam Margera uses the word "jackass" in the same way in his tweet.

The story I read was on the site of NBC Philadelphia, which wrote:

"The one-car accident happened on Route 322 around 2:30 a.m., according to Officer Geiger with West Goshen police. The 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 shot through about 40 yards of trees before it hit the last one and exploded into flames, according to police. The police press release reads, 'Preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident'."

The story also reported: "Dunn's passenger, 30-year-old Zachary Hartwell of West Chester, Pa., was also killed. Hartwell worked as a production assistant on the movie Jackass Number Two and starred in Bam Margera's movie Minghags." Hartwell, who was 30, was newly married.

In stories posted Tuesday morning, it was written that Ryan Dunn reportedly drank three light beers and three shots before he drove away from Barnaby's in West Chester at around closing time. No one said if he had been drinking earlier.

In a touching interview with the NBC station, Bam Margera's mother, April, said Dunn was a fast driver and that she told him to slow down "every day" following a bad accident he was involved in more than a decade ago. "He drove too fast and I yelled at him all the time about that," she said. In another story, it was indicated that DUI was involved in the earlier crash.

I don't know what happened in this case, and I was probably too quick to tweet. That was unseemly. I do know that nobody has any business driving on a public highway at 110 mph, as some estimated -- or fast enough, anyway, to leave a highway and fly through 40 yards of trees before crashing. That is especially true if the driver has had three shots and three beers. Two people were killed. What if the car had crashed into another car?

After I posted my first tweet, Perez Hilton posted an item headlined, "Roger Ebert Responds Insensitively To Ryan Dunn's Death." I read the comments under his item and noted that almost all of them supported me. I tweeted:

http://i.imgur.com/xI8zd.jpg

This second tweet was widely interpreted on many web sites as me "refusing to apologize." Apologize to who? Perez Hilton?

The story of my "refusal" has now gone viral. When I tried to log on to Facebook this morning, I found that my page had been "removed for violating our Terms of Use." That would include, I learned pages that are "hateful, threatening or obscene." I speculate that my page was flagged by "Jackass" fans. Update: The page was restored Tuesday morning.

Out of this the sane voice April Margera emerges: "He drove too fast and I yelled at him all the time about that."

She was being Ryan's friend.

Friends don't let friends drink and drive.

Muddy
06-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Sounds reasonable..

Joebob034
06-21-2011, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4xwd0.jpg

jesus that was a car :shock:

Godfather
06-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Kinda wacky it started an internet war.... honestly I don't even care what Ebert says. About anything.

Aaaanyways.

Is it me, or is it almost shocking it took so long for one of the cast of Jackass to get killed? Those guys are head-bangers, as endearing as I find them.

SmoothBob
06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Kinda wacky it started an internet war.... honestly I don't even care what Ebert says. About anything.

Aaaanyways.

Is it me, or is it almost shocking it took so long for one of the cast of Jackass to get killed? Those guys are head-bangers, as endearing as I find them.

In a way yeah, I mean lets be honest, some of the things they did on tv/movies would shorten anyone's lifespan.

It's always tragic to loose people in accidents but if it could have been prevented..

I lost a mate to a drunk driver, you tend to be quite strong in ur attitudes after that.

FBD
06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkTrzavGmIw

gamblin losses. nuttin wrong with what Ebert said.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Police: 'Jackass' star drunk in fatal Pa. crash
By PATRICK WALTERS and JOANN LOVIGLIO, Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA – "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn had a blood-alcohol content that was more than twice the legal limit when he and a passenger died in a fiery one-car crash this week, according to a toxicology report.

Dunn's Porsche may have been traveling as fast as 140 mph in a 55 mph zone when it jumped a guardrail, flew into a wooded ravine, struck a tree and burst into flames, police said.

His blood-alcohol level was 0.196 at the time of the Monday morning crash, according to the toxicology report released Wednesday by West Goshen Township Police. The legal limit for drivers is .08.

Dunn, 34, and his passenger Zachary Hartwell, 30, died early Monday after they left a West Chester bar called Barnaby's of America. Hours before the crash, Dunn tweeted a photo from the bar of the pair and a third man drinking. The photo has since been taken down.

Employees at the bar said Dunn was not visibly intoxicated at any point that night and surveillance video shared with police supported those observations, said Frank Herron, the bar's general manager.

"He spoke clearly. He walked clearly. He came in hop, skip, jumping. He left hop, skip, jumping," Herron told The Associated Press. "If these results are true, I'm shocked at it. We were very confident that he had not had that much."

Herron said the bar contacted the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board right after the death and was cooperating with state and local officials in the investigation.

According to court documents, Dunn was charged in April 2005 with driving under the influence after crashing his car in West Whiteland Township, about two miles from Monday's crash site. The documents show he successfully completed a program designed for first-time, nonviolent offenders that allows charges to be dismissed after defendants finish the program.

More court documents showed that Dunn had been cited for speeding several times since 1998.

Dunn appeared on MTV shows "Jackass" and "Viva La Bam" and the three "Jackass" big-screen adaptations. He also was the star of his own MTV show, "Homewrecker," and just began hosting the show "Proving Ground" on the G4 cable network.

G4 said it pulled "Proving Ground" and would decide whether to continue airing it.

Dunn also starred in the yet-to-be-released film "Living Will." The film's website describes Dunn's character as a "party bum slacker (who) returns from the dead as a mischievous and perverted ghost."

The force of Monday's crash shattered Dunn's 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 into several twisted and blackened pieces, leaving the car unrecognizable except for a door that was thrown from the crash. A 100-foot-long tire skid marked where the car left the roadway.

Both Dunn and Hartwell, a production assistant for the second "Jackass" movie, were severely burned. Police said they identified Dunn because of his tattoos and hair.

The toxicology report said Dunn did not have "drugs of abuse" in his system. The term encompasses illegal drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana, said Chief Deputy Coroner David Garver. The coroner's office was still awaiting the results of tests that would indicate the presence of prescription drugs, Garver said.

Dunn was born in Ohio and moved at age 15 to Pennsylvania, where he met fellow "Jackass" cast mate Bam Margera on his first day of high school, according to a biography posted on his website.

Margera visited the crash site Tuesday, telling WTXF-TV that he was devastated by Dunn's death.

"I've never lost anybody that I cared about. It's my best friend," he told WTXF, weeping. "He was the happiest person ever, the smartest guy. He had so much talent, and he had so many things going for him. This is not right, not right."

beowulf
06-23-2011, 01:06 AM
dunno if its real or not but found this earlier

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/beowulf04844/westboro_baptist_church_set_to_protest_ryan_dunn_f uneral_640_high_02.jpg

Godfather
06-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Fuck those Westboro bastards. They're pricks

Dunn though... how selfish can you be to drink and drive man. I'd kill any of my friends if I saw them trying to do that