PDA

View Full Version : Police: Driver flees officer, because Constitution

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Amir Samarghandi - Cincinnati.com

http://i.imgur.com/S4yrOxNl.jpg

An Elmwood Place woman told an officer that the Constitution gave her the right to leave a traffic stop which ended with a high speed chase to her own driveway Tuesday night, according to court documents.

Jasmin Artis, 30, and her 5-year-old child were traveling near Vine and Lombardy streets about 9 p.m. when they were pulled over by an officer who said her vehicle registration was expired, an affidavit states.

Artis told officers she did not have to renew her registration because she was "traveling," not driving, documents state.

The officer told Artis that her vehicle would be towed because of the expired registration. Artis said the United States Constitution allowed her the right to travel without police interference, according to the affidavit.

Artis then led the officer on a high-speed, one-mile chase that ended on her own driveway on 65th Street, documents state. Artis fought off the officer's attempt to arrest her and asked bystanders for help.

Artis is charged with resisting arrest, endangering children and failure to comply, along with traffic violations. Her arraignment is Wednesday.

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2016, 11:56 AM
:rofl:

RBP
08-04-2016, 12:21 PM
This is the same argument used by the woman who was killed, is it not? This must be circulating in BLM circles. That's dangerous advice.

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Sounds like it. Could they be setting up their own people so they have something to march and protest for? That would be pure evil if they are.

RBP
08-04-2016, 12:35 PM
I doubt they are that strategic. This is similar to the logic that says you should not pay taxes because there is no constitutional grounds to require them.

FBD
08-04-2016, 03:48 PM
I doubt they are that strategic. This is similar to the logic that says you should not pay taxes because there is no constitutional grounds to require them.

dont do your homework there either bro!!! :rofl: dont go look at the internal revenue code and find out what portions say precisely what "taxable income" is, dont make any distinctions about what classification your "salary" meets.....and nevermind that pesky little fact that the government used to fund itself through tarrifs, which have slowly been peeled away vis a vis "free trade"....

:facepalm: the federal income tax has no constitutional authority, but let's not get into history rewrites here, you guys tend to have a problem with your corrected history being questioned :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Why didnt they shoot her

redred
08-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Why didnt they shoot her

because black lives matter , it must be a new thing the cops are trying out

PorkChopSandwiches
08-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Thats bullshit

redred
08-04-2016, 05:16 PM
:racist:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-04-2016, 05:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yhJpF.jpg

redred
08-04-2016, 05:29 PM
has to be D because it's a drink , what do i win ?

PorkChopSandwiches
08-04-2016, 05:59 PM
:slap:

Its All The Above

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2016, 06:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hwWaEsI.gif