PDA

View Full Version : Clinton doubles down on claim the FBI determined her remarks on email scandal were 'truthful'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2016, 10:55 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/ZPwTIrT.jpg

Hillary Clinton doubled down Wednesday on her assertion that the FBI declared her public remarks on her email scandal to be “consistent and truthful,” despite two independent fact-checkers concluding otherwise.

“And as the FBI said, everything that I’ve said publicly has been consistent and truthful with what I’ve told [the FBI],” Clinton said in an interview with Brandon Rittiman of KUSA News.

Clinton first cited the FBI in her defense last Sunday after “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace noted the director had contradicted her claim she never sent classified material from her home server.

“That's not what I heard Director Comey say … Director Comey said that my answers were truthful and what I've said is consistent with what I have told the American people, that there were decisions discussed and made to classify retroactively certain of the emails,” she said.

The fact-checkers, however, disagreed with Clinton’s talking points.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler awarded her “four Pinnochios,” and noted, “Comey has repeatedly not taken a stand on her public statements.”

PolitiFact gave her a “Pants on Fire” rating for a lack of truthfulness and FactCheck.org declared her claims “false.”

FBI Director James B. Comey did tell Congress: “We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI.” But under questioning on specific statements she made about sending classified material, Comey did not support her version of events.

Donald Trump also doubled down Thursday on his claim he saw video of Iranians taking $400 million in cash off an airplane on the same day American hostages were released. His campaign earlier said he meant that he saw television coverage of the hostages, not the cash, leaving an airplane.

Goofy
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM
A lying politician, whatever next!

RBP
08-05-2016, 01:17 PM
A lying politician, whatever next!

She's in a league of her own.

Pony
08-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Repeat the lie three times and it "becomes" truth.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2016, 03:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

RBP
08-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Repeat the lie three times and it "becomes" truth.

No no, that's how you conjure Bloody Mary.

OH. MY. GOD.

It all makes sense now. :shock: