PDA

View Full Version : Woman at airport made bomb comments after hearing from God

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2011, 07:45 PM
By Dave Larsen and Mark Gokavi - Dayton Daily News

http://i.imgur.com/PheFD.jpg

DAYTON — A woman whose comments about a bomb caused a plane traveling from Dayton to Washington Reagan National Airport to land in an isolated area said she heard a message from God.

US Airways flight 2596 and its 44 passengers landed safely at Reagan National at 1:36 p.m. Sunday after a 20-minute period when all flights were held.

Officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and US Airways said the plane was swept and nothing dangerous was found. US Airways spokeswoman Tina Swail said the plane was cleared at 4:30 p.m.

Dayton Airport Director Terrance Slaybaugh said a 54-year-old Shelbyville, Ky. woman with a history of mental health issues told officials she was driving around in her car when she arrived at Dayton International Airport.

Slaybaugh said a Dayton airport police officer indicated the woman entered the terminal at about 12:25 p.m.

“She indicated that she had got a message from God and had come to the airport and told the ticket counter agent that the flight had to turn around because there was a bomb on it and people were going to die or something to that effect,” Slaybaugh said. “That’s what started our little adventure.”

FBI Special Agent Michael Brooks from the Cincinnati Division said the woman was placed by Dayton airport police into “mental health custody” at Miami Valley Hospital. Brooks and Slaybaugh said the woman currently faces no charges, but the investigation is continuing.

The woman was questioned by Dayton airport police, the FBI and a Dayton police detective.

Slaybaugh said the woman’s parked car at the Dayton airport was searched but that nothing unusual was found.

The threat came while the plane was en route to Washington, D.C. The normal schedule for the flight is an 11:42 a.m. departure and a 1:05 p.m. arrival.

“The plane was closer to Reagan National at the time the threat was received, prompting officials to let the plane proceed,” said FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Godwin.

Slaybaugh said operations will continue as normal at the Dayton airport.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-20-2011, 07:48 PM
:roll:

redred
06-20-2011, 07:49 PM
:dunce:

Noilly Pratt
06-20-2011, 08:05 PM
“She indicated that she had got a message from God and had come to the airport and told the ticket counter agent that the flight had to turn around because there was a bomb on it and people were going to die or something to that effect”

Gee, thanks God...you give me a warning and you're effin' vague! Everyone's going to die....someday. Perhaps she misheard the almighty and he said Jaeger in front of Bomb.

That's it...the message was "I see all and I kinda want to tell in in a roundabout way that there's an aircraft and they can't make any Jaeger bombs on it. I love that stuff -- they'd better turn around. Kinda. Oh, and you're all going to die someday...see you soon, sincerely, the Almighty.

MrsM
06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Gee, thanks God...you give me a warning and you're effin' vague! Everyone's going to die....someday. Perhaps she misheard the almighty and he said Jaeger in front of Bomb.

That's it...the message was "I see all and I kinda want to tell in in a roundabout way that there's an aircraft and they can't make any Jaeger bombs on it. I love that stuff -- they'd better turn around. Kinda. Oh, and you're all going to die someday...see you soon, sincerely, the Almighty.

:lol:

Arkady Renko
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
if he exsits after all I'm sure the only thing god wants from her is to STFU