PDA

View Full Version : Sue-icide Squad? Fan SUING Warner Bros and DC for ‘false advertising’ Joker's scenes

Teh One Who Knocks
08-09-2016, 02:13 PM
By George Simpson - The Express

http://i.imgur.com/dzbVX7a.jpg

WARNER BROS and DC Comics are being sued by a fan for removing Jared Leto’s Joker scenes that had been shown in Suicide Squad trailers.

The movie fan felt the scenes were false advertising as the DC movie’s trailers featured clips of the Joker that weren’t in the final cut.

The Reddit user claimed he and his lawyer brother will begin legal action against Warner and DC on August 11.

He wrote: “Movie trailers are like food menus, they give you a preview of what your gonna get.

“Suicide Squad trailers showcased several SPECIFIC Joker scenes that I had to pay for the whole movie just so that I can go watch those SPECIFIC SCENES that WB/DC had advertised in their trailers and TV spots.”

http://i.imgur.com/ph04JU1.jpg

He continued: “I drove 300 miles to London to go watch these specific scenes they had explicitly advertised in their TV ads…and they didn't show them to me.

“I wasted a lot of money paying and travelling to go watch this movie because of these specific scenes they had advertised to me...All lies.

“I told the theatre about this unjust act and said I didn't get what I came here to see...can I have my money back.

“They laughed at me and kicked me out. So I'm now taking this to court.”

Leto revealed in a recent interview there’s unseen X-rated footage from Suicide Squad that’s enough for an entire Joker movie.

He said: “There are a lot of scenes that didn’t make it to the final film, hopefully they will see the light of day. Who knows.”

The Joker’s screen time in Suicide Squad amounts to around just 10 minutes of footage.

http://i.imgur.com/VJ5jd4M.jpg

The suing fan added: “I want my refund, the trauma of being embarrassed as I was being kicked out and people laughing at me for wanting my refund.

“And also the £160 of fuel money I used to drive to London from Scotland.

“If you advertise something...give me what you have advertised. Period. This is becoming a habit with movie studios, showing epic scenes in trailers...but [they are] never shown in the movies. It's unjust.”

redred
08-09-2016, 02:18 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-09-2016, 02:19 PM
“I drove 300 miles to London to go watch these specific scenes....

Do you guys not have theaters outside of London in the UK? :-s

redred
08-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Yes and I'm sure they have them in Scotland as well :lol:

fricnjay
08-09-2016, 02:57 PM
You know the guy has a point, it pisses me off too when you see scenes in the trailer and they are not in the movie. And technically that would be false advertising, especially if they dont have some sort of disclaimer in the ad.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-09-2016, 03:04 PM
You know the guy has a point, it pisses me off too when you see scenes in the trailer and they are not in the movie. And technically that would be false advertising, especially if they dont have some sort of disclaimer in the ad.

https://i.imgflip.com/18nwp6.jpg

redred
08-09-2016, 03:07 PM
i expected this story to be about an american but seems the trend of suing everyone over silly things is spreading

DemonGeminiX
08-09-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm supposed to go see this within the next several days or so. Admittedly, I was looking forward to the Joker scenes. I guess it's good that I've read this. I can lower my expectations now.

:lol:

deebakes
08-09-2016, 04:10 PM
don't have high hopes and then you can perhaps be pleasantly surprised :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-09-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't know what to think, honestly. When they came out with Will Smith being the lead in this, I thought, "Will Smith as Deadshot? You're kidding, right? This is gonna blow."

Then I started seeing footage and thought, "Ok, this might not be that bad." And that was based on everybody else, including Leto's Joker.

It's making a lot of money, but the reviews aren't stellar. I'm gonna take in a matinée so I don't waste a lot of money on it.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-09-2016, 04:32 PM
I will too

deebakes
08-09-2016, 05:01 PM
i'm interested to get your respective takes :tup:

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2016, 02:47 AM
I think I'm going to see it tomorrow/Thursday like around 4ish in the afternoon. I'll report back after I've digested it.

deebakes
08-11-2016, 03:15 AM
don't plan to sue :pray:

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2016, 03:54 AM
I'm intentionally lowering my expectations.

Godfather
08-11-2016, 07:08 AM
I once heard that there's a psychological studies showing people are subconsciously more inclined to see a movie when trailers give away major details.

Anyways.. I think movies the last 10+ years have set a precedent that this kind of thing happens, trailers misrepresent how scenes will play out all the time. If you are super hyped on a movie, it's best to watch the first Teaser and then try to watch nothing else.

deebakes
08-11-2016, 01:08 PM
i try to avoid all trailers (or as we used to call them previews) and also not read much about movies to keep as open mind as possible :shrug:

Hikari Kisugi
08-13-2016, 06:23 PM
I watched this last night.
I liked this film, it wasn't Deadpool, but then I never expected it to be.

Could they have improved it? Yes.
Might a new cut make it better (ala batman versus superman) yes it certainly might, but this film was reasonably solid.

I liked the characters, I enjoyed the film, squad type movies always have it tough, but this wasn't too bad at all.