PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Allegedly Forces Comedian To Delete Ghostbusters Joke Because It Triggered Paul Feig

Teh One Who Knocks
08-12-2016, 12:13 PM
By William Hicks | Heat Street

Twitter’s protectiveness over the new Ghostbusters film is frankly bizarre. First the carpet bomb banning of those @ tweeting the film’s star Leslie Jones, and now a Twitter comedian was apparently forced to delete a tongue-in-cheek tweet because it offended the director, Paul Feig.

It started when memestar @TheBardockObama wrote a jokey tweet about how there will be no Ghostbusters sequel.

http://i.imgur.com/QIlf8H7m.jpg

Paul Feig, who must have been scanning Twitter for untoward Ghostbusters comments, retweeted BardockObama in anger, thus indirectly siccing virulent Feig fans on the Twitter comedian. Bardock claimed he was harassed by people calling him a misogynist and telling him to kill himself.

But later, Twitter allegedly locked Bardock out of his account and would not reinstate him until he deleted the inoffensive tweet.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WOW I WAS LOGGED OUT AND FORCED TO DELETE THE TWEET ISNT THAT CENSORSHIP?</p>&mdash; Papi Memes (@TheBardockObama) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheBardockObama/status/763542090940686336">August 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SO BECAUSE IM NOT ALLOWED TO DISLIKE A FILM OR ELSE ILL BE CENSORED</p>&mdash; Papi Memes (@TheBardockObama) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheBardockObama/status/763542433648906240">August 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Bardock says he was suspended previously for tweeting about how Ghostbusters was a flop alongside a picture of the Pokemon Magikarp.

“I’m very outspoken. I’m known for stating out loud what people think but too afraid to say,” Bardock told Heat Street. “We live in a world where how we are perceived is much more important than the truth.”

To Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council Bardock says: “Pacifying users created an evident rebellion. You’ve shot yourselves in the foot. And, dicks out for HARAMBE.”

So I guess we can add dislike of a feminist movie to Twitter’s inscrutable harassment guidelines. CEO Jack Dorsey must be a huge Ghostbusters fan if he can ignore alt-reich nazi frogs bombarding Jewish journalists with Holocaust memes, but has time to go after tepid Ghostbusters critics.
Bardock says he was suspended previously for tweeting about how Ghostbusters was a flop alongside a picture of the Pokemon Magikarp.

“I’m very outspoken. I’m known for stating out loud what people think but too afraid to say,” Bardock told Heat Street. “We live in a world where how we are perceived is much more important than the truth.”

To Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council Bardock says: “Pacifying users created an evident rebellion. You’ve shot yourselves in the foot. And, dicks out for HARAMBE.”

So I guess we can add dislike of a feminist movie to Twitter’s inscrutable harassment guidelines. CEO Jack Dorsey must be a huge Ghostbusters fan if he can ignore alt-reich nazi frogs bombarding Jewish journalists with Holocaust memes, but has time to go after tepid Ghostbusters critics.

deebakes
08-12-2016, 01:11 PM
:clap:

Godfather
08-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Dicks out for Harambe

Teh One Who Knocks
08-13-2016, 10:16 AM
This story make me want to make a negative tweet about the film and see what happens :lol: