PDA

View Full Version : Man gets life for sexually assaulting fiancée's 12-year-old daughter, tells judge he was 'a good father until then

fricnjay
08-12-2016, 02:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/V4VBAuX.jpg
Shalin Ren Payne

Georgia man gets life in prison for sexually assaulting fiancée's 12-year-old daughter, tells judge he was 'a good father until then'

A tattoo-crazed Georgia (US) man who was sentenced to life in prison for sexually assaulting his fiancée's 12-year-old daughter told a judge he was "a good father until then."
Shalin Ren Payne, who has ink covering his entire face, was babysitting the girl while his fiancée was at work when he attacked her in October. The girl's 4-year-old brother was close by.

The girl's mother found Payne on top of her daughter when she returned to the Sharpsburg home, according to the The Newnan Times-Herald. She tried to stop the attack when she was hit by Payne, who fled.
Payne, 30, was later busted by deputies after trying to flee wearing only a T-shirt. He was charged with criminal attempt to commit rape, aggravated sexual battery, aggravated child molestation, cruelty to children, sexual exploitation of a child and aggravated assault.

He pleaded guilty Wednesday and was sentenced to life in prison. He will be eligible for parole in 30 years as part of the plea deal, according to the Times-Herald.
Payne asked the judge if he could see his son while he was in prison — citing his parenting skills.
"I know it's a heinous crime, but it was not my normal demeanor," Payne told the judge, according to the Times-Herald. "I was a good father until then, and would like to be able to still have contact with my son while incarcerated."
Judge Emory Palmer said he did not believe that would be "appropriate," according to the newspaper.
Payne's conviction puts him on the sex offender registry.

DemonGeminiX
08-12-2016, 03:50 PM
His life's about to get a lot shorter.

deebakes
08-12-2016, 04:28 PM
good :clap:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-15-2016, 05:23 PM
He looks like a wholesome dude, I'm shocked