PDA

View Full Version : 'We were all young and dumb:' #PittSpiderman tries to impress woman, gets stuck between buildings

Teh One Who Knocks
08-24-2016, 01:37 PM
By Katelyn Sykes - WTAE Action News 4

A Pitt student trying to impress a date tried to jump between two buildings in Oakland and got stuck in a space about 16-18 inches wide.

The incident was reported early Tuesday morning on the 3700 block of Forbes Avenue.

"My understanding is (that) he was jumping between two buildings and fell in between them," Pittsburgh Public Safety director Wendell Hissrich said. "Basically, (he was stuck in) a 16-18-inch crevice and fell three stories."

A woman who climbed to the roof with the student called 911 after he fell.

Emergency responders spent several hours working to rescue the man, including cutting holes through the wall of a Qdoba restaurant.

"It appeared there were three walls we had to go through, and also we had people on the roof," said Hissrich. "One of the paramedics did rappel down three stories to render assistance, and also provide us some landmarks to where he was."

http://i.imgur.com/7UxEtnm.jpg

The man was rescued at about 6 a.m. and taken away in an ambulance. He was believed to have an ankle injury.

"He was alert and talking," said Hissrich. "He was there for 3 1/2 - 4 hours, so he was obviously numb. He was able to move his extremities. All in all, I think he was in good shape."

Public Safety officials said the rescue was a challenging operation because of the tight space and the tools needed to do the job.

"It was a very extensive operation," said Hissrich. "Both city rescue trucks and the Department of Public Works assisted in the rescue.

"It is amazing, and fortunately he didn't land on his head; otherwise it would have been more serious and more of an urgency to get him out."

The man's name hasn't been released. Public Safety officials said it's too early to determine whether he'll face charges.

Qdoba could remain closed for two weeks, while crews repair the walls, broken through to save the student.

"It's going to be a while because we got to remove our whole wall, rebuild the exterior wall from the inside, then rebuild our wall," said Chad Brooks, franchisee for Qdoba.

http://i.imgur.com/epATv5r.jpg
Emergency responders spent several hours working to rescue the man, including cutting holes through the wall
of a Qdoba restaurant.

The damage became an attraction for students returning to campus this week. Many had no sympathy for the student who police said jumped to impress a woman.

Brooks was upset, but not angry.

"We were all young and dumb at some point, so no ill will toward him. I'm sure he's embarrassed. I'm sure he's hurting too," said Brooks.

A sign was posted at Bruegger's Bagels next door to Qdoba to advise customers that the store would not be open until 7 a.m. because of "the man who thought it would be a good idea to impress his girlfriend and got stuck between the building walls!"

http://i.imgur.com/mOwn19Y.jpg

Goofy
08-24-2016, 01:40 PM
#retard

deebakes
08-24-2016, 04:31 PM
:dunce: