PDA

View Full Version : Police: Vomit-covered drunk man found sleeping in running car

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 11:10 AM
By Evan Anstey, News 4 Digital Producer

http://i.imgur.com/zl7OfHU.png

ALLEGANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — Around 4:30 a.m. Saturday, New York State Police say they found a drunk man sleeping in a running vehicle on the St. Bonaventure University campus.

Broome County resident Matthew Eastman, 20, was found covered in vomit while parked at the campus tennis courts.

State Police then awoke him and began to administer field sobriety tests. Eastman allegedly failed the tests and was taken to the Olean State Police barracks.

His blood alcohol content measured .12 percent, according to Troopers.

Eastman was charged with DWI and will appear in court in September.

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM
Ok? :idk:

deebakes
08-31-2016, 01:03 PM
he wasn't driving though, how can he get a dwi? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 01:06 PM

they found a drunk man sleeping in a running vehicle

Probable cause

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure why you posted this.

20-year old, drunk, in a running vehicle... seems kind of straight forward to me. Was there something in particular you wanted to point out in this case?

:-k

deebakes
08-31-2016, 01:16 PM
Probable cause

when i was in high school, a kid backed up quickly out of a parking spot in the parking lot of my dentist and hit my car. the driver had no insurance and no driver's license, but because it happened on private property, there were no legal ramifications that could happen when i called the police. :shrug:

the kid was the son of the main small town office products store, so daddy just paid everything to make it go away...

Goofy
08-31-2016, 04:56 PM

Over here you can be done for drink driving just by being in a car with the ignition key on your possession! Car doesn't even need to be running......

deebakes
08-31-2016, 05:03 PM
oppressive bastards... i see why we got out :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-31-2016, 05:15 PM
Over here you can be done for drink driving just by being in a car with the ignition key on your possession! Car doesn't even need to be running......

Here too, if they are in your possession, you need to put them in the trunk

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 05:25 PM

Here too, if they are in your possession, you need to put them in the trunk

Here in Colorado too....same way when I was living in Vermont as well.