PDA

View Full Version : Police: Woman arrested after she shot man found in daughter's bedroom

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 11:44 AM
WTAE Action News 4

http://i.imgur.com/SvUZThA.jpg

PAOLI, Okla. —An Oklahoma woman faces assault charges after police say she shot a man she found in her juvenile daughter's bedroom.

Authorities confirmed to KOCO that 34-year-old Valerie Fowler was arrested on a complaint of assault with a deadly weapon.

The man told authorities that Fowler shot him in his girlfriend's bedroom. Fowler's daughter said he came over three times a week after her mother left for work.

The girl said Fowler kicked in her door and fired two shots at the 31-year-old man.

He was taken to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Fowler has been arrested on a complaint of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2016, 11:51 AM
Juvenile? How old is this girl? Is she old enough for this guy to not be arrested for statutory rape?

deebakes
08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
34 year old mom, you assume the girl is underage :shrug:

Pony
08-31-2016, 01:45 PM
Juvenile? How old is this girl? Is she old enough for this guy to not be arrested for statutory rape?

Saw one source says 16 years old

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 01:51 PM
By Ken Shepherd - The Washington Times

http://i.imgur.com/BwF6Q5T.jpg

A 34-year-old Oklahoma woman has been arrested for wounding a man whom she claims she found in her teenage daughter’s bedroom.

KFOR-TV reported on Monday that Valerie Fowler of Paoli was arrested for assault and battery with a deadly weapon in the wounding of a 31-year-old man.

Ms. Fowler “called [911] around 7:20 a.m. to report that she shot a male inside her house,” Garvin County Sheriff Larry Rhodes said. The injured man, found on the porch of another residence, was airlifted to a hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, the Oklahoma City NBC affiliate reported.

“It did appear to the chief and I that he suffered a gunshot wound to an extremity,” Mr. Rhodes said.

In an story update on Tuesday, KFOR reported that according to an arrest affidavit, the teenage girl “told police that the victim comes over at least three times a week after her mother leaves for work.”

According to the affidavit, Ms. Fowler caught the couple in bed kissing on Monday morning, and fired her weapon at the man twice, once when he was trying to get out of the girl’s bed and another time when he was walking down the hallway to leave the residence.

The man’s name has apparently not been released to the public. It is also unclear whether the individual will himself be in legal jeopardy for statutory rape.

According to OklahomaLegalGroup.com, in Oklahoma “no person can be convicted of rape or rape by instrumentation with anyone over the age of 14, with that person’s consent, unless the defendant was older than 18 at the time the sexual act occurred.”

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 01:52 PM
Saw one source says 16 years old

Saw one as well stating the age as 16

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2016, 01:58 PM
I really don't blame the mother, although she should have just held him at gun point and called the cops. I'm not sure a jury would blame her either, unless the jury was full of anti-gun people. I don't really know what the litmus test is like over in Oklahoma but I'm pretty sure most juries here in Southeast Georgia would give her a free pass and hang the guy she shot from the nearest tree that could support his weight.

Pony
08-31-2016, 02:05 PM
I really don't blame the mother, although she should have just held him at gun point and called the cops. I'm not sure a jury would blame her either, unless the jury was full of anti-gun people. I don't really know what the litmus test is like over in Oklahoma but I'm pretty sure most juries here in Southeast Georgia would give her a free pass and hang the guy she shot from the nearest tree that could support his weight.

Pretty much. I don't know too many people that would blame the mother for trying to protect her daughter.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2016, 02:07 PM
Pretty much. I don't know too many people that would blame the mother for trying to protect her daughter.

...according to an arrest affidavit, the teenage girl “told police that the victim comes over at least three times a week after her mother leaves for work.”

Doesn't sound like the daughter was looking to be 'protected' ;)

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2016, 02:10 PM
What the daughter felt and what the mother felt are two entirely different issues.

fricnjay
08-31-2016, 02:54 PM
If I find a 31 year old man in my daughters bed room that I dont know. He is not going to be able to press any charges. I will unload an entire magazine into him and there will only be one side to the story, mine!

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm pretty certain that that's the general consensus with most parents that actually give a shit about their kids.

deebakes
08-31-2016, 04:31 PM
seems open and shut, he's guilty :shrug: