PDA

View Full Version : Man 'respectfully disagrees' crimes were 'sexual in nature'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Joseph Paul - Indianapolis Star

http://i.imgur.com/Pw8Iyqjl.jpg

LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Timothy Justin Miles walked into court Wednesday with a smile and nodded to his family.

But back-to-back sentencing hearings took a more serious tone as his victims read impact statements.

"I would not wish what happened to me on anyone," wrote one of the victims, who in November was sitting in her car outside Tippecanoe County Mall when Miles, who had been publicly urinating, approached her and smacked his penis against the car window.

Another statement — this one from the parents of a 12-year-old girl whose butt was grabbed by Miles in March as she waited at a bus stop — stated the child still has nightmares about the incident and often is afraid to leave her parents' side.

"This was very much a traumatic event," prosecuting attorney Sarah Wyatt said.

Judges on Wednesday handed down aggravated sentences in both cases and recognized that the crimes were "sexual in nature," although the charges of public indecency and battery on a child were not.

He will spend a 2½ years in county jail and six months on community corrections. In at least one case, victims also will have an opportunity to request restitution.

"I am sorry for this child's burden and suffering," Miles said during court testimony. "I hope she can get through this time in her life."

During the sentencing hearings, judges also described his troubled childhood, noting that his father was arrested for child molesting, and his criminal history as a juvenile, including charges of battery, truancy and intimidation.

They added that Miles, 31, was able to turn his life around and maintain a steady job as an adult. Nearly a decade later, however, the string of crime "is something that worries me tremendously," Superior Court 5 Judge Sean Persin said.

"Life appears to be very much out of control at this time," he added.

Considering the impact on his victims, Superior Court 2 Judge Steven Meyer said the recommended sentence of one year in jail would not "properly reflect the seriousness" of Miles' crimes.

"Little kids in this community ought to feel safe and protected," he said. "They shouldn't be afraid to wait for the bus."

Miles was found guilty in both incidents by two juries in July and August. He told judges Wednesday he "respectfully disagrees" with the decisions and plans to appeal his convictions.

deebakes
09-02-2016, 01:38 PM
:ffs:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-02-2016, 03:14 PM
He got more time then female teachers fucking their students

Goofy
09-02-2016, 05:07 PM
He got more time then female teachers fucking their students

Rightfully so, those female teachers are doing gods work :nono:

RBP
09-02-2016, 05:11 PM