PDA

View Full Version : Muslims complain about town's 9/11 memorial

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2016, 11:07 AM
By Todd Starnes - FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/QMRTiD9.jpg

A group of New York Muslims has taken offense at a small town’s new memorial honoring those who died in the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks.

The Islamic Organization of the Southern Tier fired off a letter to city leaders in Owego – alleging that words engraved in the granite memorial would encourage hatred toward Muslims.

The memorial, which will be dedicated on Saturday, identifies those responsible for the attacks as “Islamic terrorists.”

That’s a problem for the Islamic Organization of the Southern Tier, based in nearby Johnson City, N.Y.

A spokesperson told our Fox television affiliate that having the words “Islamic terrorists” on the monument is a “broad brush against the many Muslims who live in the Southern Tier.”

“They want us to change the word from ‘Islamic Terrorist’ to either ‘terrorist’ or ‘Al Qaeda terrorist,’” City Manager Donald Castelluci told me. “I sent them back an email saying I disagreed with their premise 100 percent.”

The entire inscription reads:

“On September 11, 2001 nineteen Islamic terrorists unsuspectedly boarded four airliners departing east coast airports to hijack the planes and carry out a series of coordinated attacks against the United States. This is a tribute to all the lives lost that day and to the heroic sacrifice of all who rushed to help. As Americans, we honor their memory by living our lives in freedom. We will never forget.”

Mr. Castelluci said they have no plans to change a single letter in the town’s memorial.

“I don’t live in a politically correct world,” he told Fox affiliate WICZ. “I live in a historical fact world…whether it’s American, homegrown, Christianity, Islamic, you call it what it is. And we don’t whitewash things, especially here.”

Amen, Mr. City Manager!

“This is not about religion,” he told me. “It’s about one event on one day that killed more than 3,000 people.”

I reached out to the Islamic Center of the Southern Tier but they did not respond to my inquiries.

I want to commend Mr. Castelluci and the good people of Owego for refusing to bow at the altar of political correctness.

The facts surrounding 9/11 are very clear. Islamic radicals committed jihad on American soil. They were not shouting, “Jesus Saves” when they flew those jetliners in the buildings.

On Saturday, the citizens of Owego will commemorate the 15th anniversary of that terrible day by dedicating their memorial park – a park that honors a local resident who died in one of the twin towers.

His name was Derek Statkevicus and he worked on the 89th floor of 2 World Trade Center. And his life was taken by an Islamic terrorist.

That’s a fact.

Pony
09-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Yea, because it's not fair to paint all Islamic terrorists the same.

DemonGeminiX
09-07-2016, 01:22 PM
I know someone that lives close to that town. I should ask them how they feel about this crap.

DemonGeminiX
09-07-2016, 02:55 PM
My brother lives right outside of Owego and he had to look it up. Apparently, nobody local knows anything about this.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2016, 02:56 PM
The muslims know :nono:

deebakes
09-07-2016, 03:04 PM
probably because they walk everywhere :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
09-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Johnson City Muslims. Not Owego Muslims. Owego should tell those Johnson City Muslims to go fuck themselves.

I've been to these places, by the way. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-07-2016, 03:59 PM
probably because they walk everywhere :shrug:

Sometimes they fly

Muddy
09-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Sometimes they fly

:rimshot:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Sometimes they fly

If you're a sheeple and believe the "official" story :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-07-2016, 06:14 PM
:rofl:

deebakes
09-07-2016, 07:18 PM
:fbd:

Hugh_Janus
09-07-2016, 08:30 PM
is it really necessary to have "islamic terrorists" there? Does it matter what the race or religion of the terrorist, or their cause? They are no different to any other terrorist scum.

Muddy
09-07-2016, 09:00 PM
is it really necessary to have "islamic terrorists" there? Does it matter what the race or religion of the terrorist, or their cause? They are no different to any other terrorist scum.
It only matters because that's really the only group that has declared war on us..That's the group that committed the crime.. All the Pearl Harbor monuments mention Japan.. Whats the big deal?

Hugh_Janus
09-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Does the oklahoma bomb site have a monument saying that's where american bombers blew up a building and killed a load of people?

Hugh_Janus
09-07-2016, 09:13 PM
I should also add that the whole country of japan was at war with the us... not that I'm saying everyone supported it, but that's how countries at war do

deebakes
09-07-2016, 09:14 PM
we were at war with you fuckers for awhile too :lol:

Hugh_Janus
09-07-2016, 09:18 PM
twice :dance: