PDA

View Full Version : Carpool Fail: California man's 'passenger' was a mannequin

DemonGeminiX
09-23-2016, 06:51 PM
http://www.kcra.com/image/view/-/41795168/highRes/2/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/5423q2/-/img-Carpool-Dummy.png

BREA, Calif. —A California driver has been cited for using a mannequin - not a real person - to drive in the carpool lane.

The Orange County Register reports that Brea police found the mannequin Friday inside a truck on the congested 57 freeway.

The truck veered out of the carpool lane close to an officer's motorcycle. As the officer attempted to warn the driver to be careful, he noticed the passenger wasn't a passenger.

Police say the driver acknowledged using the mannequin in the carpool lane for some time. The driver told police that he would now accept that he needs to sit in traffic like everyone else.

California requires that a vehicle have a minimum of two people for carpool lanes. Driving alone requires a fine of at least $481.

Oofty Goofty
09-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Dumbass - if you're doing something illegal, never do something stupid to call attention to yourself.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-23-2016, 07:09 PM
If you have an electric car, you can drive in it alone :dance:

Griffin
09-23-2016, 10:13 PM
If you have an electric car, you can drive in it alone :dance:

I thought you had to at least be able to achieve the posted speed limit to be in that lane.

Hugh_Janus
09-24-2016, 08:58 AM
I got annihilated by a tesla the other day... those things are FAST

Godfather
09-24-2016, 04:12 PM
I hate people who abuse HOV lanes as much as anyone... but I was so triggered on the highway last week :lol: There were three cop cars set up to catch people cheating in the HOV lane... at a bottleneck in the highway... during rush hour.

Between their 3 cars and another 4-5 pulled over on the shoulder they created a 30 minute backup on the god damn highway, specifically the HOV lane... which is supposed to speed up our commute and reward people for carpooling :-k

Thanks guys...

PorkChopSandwiches
09-26-2016, 04:33 PM
I thought you had to at least be able to achieve the posted speed limit to be in that lane.

You would be surprised how fast electric cars can be.