PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Comic Collectors???

fricnjay
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Are there any vintage comic book collectors here? I would like to start a section to discuss it, but if its just me then I wont.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I have a bunch in my garage, but I dont bother with them much. Want to buy them, I have like 4 cases :)

Goofy
06-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Want to buy them, I have like 4 cases :)

He likes comics, not cases [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
cases > comics

fricnjay
06-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Do you have any idea what you have in them?

redred
06-21-2011, 05:26 PM
pictures? :outtahere:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Do you have any idea what you have in them?

I dont think they are actually vintage (probably 10 -15 yo) ( I do have some stuff from when I was a kid, but not much) I got around 6 cases of comics from a guy who sold comics but was moving out of state. I would have to look, they are all in plastic and just sitting in my garage. I think I have 4 left.

MrsM
06-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I found a box of stuff from when my brother and I when we were kids.

I don't think there is anything collectable - most are in really bad shape. The oldest is probably early 60's "Man from UNCLE"

There is the first 5 or so from Battlestar Gallactica (from the original TV series).

Noilly Pratt
06-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I have old 60's Archie Comics, 1969 Scooby Doo and the like.

SmoothBob
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Big fan here, I used to have hundreds and hundreds, lot of 1st appearences (gambits and bishops from the Xmen, lobo from DC etc) had other significant event ones like superman admiting his identity to lois, the 1st red kryptonite issues that kinda thing. They were worth thousands. I had them all stored at my grandmothers house while I was living abroad. I found out when I got home that my grandmother was in care as had dementia coming on strong and that she had thrown all my comics in the trash during an episode. I was rather peeved shall we say but what can yi do? My poor wee granny.

Anyways, yeah Jay, what u wanna discuss lol

fricnjay
06-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I have old 60's Archie Comics, 1969 Scooby Doo and the like.

I would actually be interested in the Scooby Doo comics.

Big fan here, I used to have hundreds and hundreds, lot of 1st appearences (gambits and bishops from the Xmen, lobo from DC etc) had other significant event ones like superman admiting his identity to lois, the 1st red kryptonite issues that kinda thing. They were worth thousands. I had them all stored at my grandmothers house while I was living abroad. I found out when I got home that my grandmother was in care as had dementia coming on strong and that she had thrown all my comics in the trash during an episode. I was rather peeved shall we say but what can yi do? My poor wee granny.

Anyways, yeah Jay, what u wanna discuss lol

Well just curious what people collect, own and what they may be looking for or found. Stuff like that.

Personally I mostly collect vintage DC stuff. I have a substantial collection of The Flash, Batman and The Green Lantern. Most of my stuff is all 10 and 12 cent comics and I have around 5 to 6 hundred.

SmoothBob
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Ive always found 1st appearences are way to go, i also mean say chris clairemonts 1st xmen that kinda thing. Say debuts by writers or artists, practicaly any McFarlane Spider-Man for example. One off's too, like Spawn for example, as far as guest authors are concerned (the Alan Moore issue or Neil Gaimans. Its difficult as trends effect prices, early Detective/Batman issues went through the roof when the movie 1st came out, so maybe ur Green Lanterns will follow..

Do you follow current story lines?

fricnjay
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I really have not read much, for me its about finding that one book you know. I love the chase and getting a great deal on it. Right now The Flash #105 which really #1 of the first DC series of The Flash and #123 "Flash of Two Worlds" issue are probably my 2 most valuable. I have a lot of early issues of the Green Lantern from the 2nd series starting in the teens which are worth hundreds. I have a lot of Batman, probably 2 short boxes full but most of it is from the 70s to 90s but I do have a handful worth some serious money from the early 100s. I do have some early Xmen, Captain America and some Spiderman too. I even have some old Disney and War time comics.