PDA

View Full Version : Black Man: White Cop Probed Rectum, Genitals

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2016, 12:31 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/xjk8EYL.jpg

Kevin Campbell says that a police officer in Allen Park, Michigan, performed an illegal cavity search on him back on June 7, and a jail cell video (below) appears to back him up.

"It was very dehumanizing," Campbell told WXYZ. "What he did was unconstitutional, violated my civil rights and violated me as a man period."

"My fear switched over to me wondering, 'Am I really going to make it out of here alive?'" Campbell added.

Campbell recalled that Officer Daniel Mack pulled him over in the minivan that he (Campbell) had just purchased for his wife; the minivan had a temporary paper license plate.

"[Mack] told me that he couldn't see the license plate," Campbell told the news station. "I thought that was very weird and odd that he couldn’t see a license plate by it being 7:00 in the afternoon."

However, Campbell was found to be driving on a suspended license.

"He ran my name, he then got the K9 dog out, him and the K9 dog went searching through the car, didn’t find anything," Campbell added.

Campbell was arrested by Mack who took him to the police department's jail cell where the scene played out like a bad movie from the 1970s.

"Your pants [are] unzipped," Mack told Campbell on the video. "I’m gonna find it one way or another, alright? So we can do this the easy way or the hard way. What you got in your drawers?"

Mack made Campbell drop his pants and underwear.

Mack allegedly insisted that Campbell submit to a rectal and genital probe, which appeared to happen on the video, although it is blurred out.

"Why you putting your fingers in my [expletive]?" the 32-year-old father asked. "Now you're grabbing my [expletive]."

"Because you have it tucked in your [expletive]," Mack replied.

"There's nothing in my [expletive]," Campbell countered.

After Mack failed to find anything, he told Campbell: "You can keep it."

"Ain’t nothing to keep," Campbell answered.

Other officers stood nearby, and apparently helped Mack.

"The other officers were being aggressive with their voices telling me, 'Don’t move,' and, 'Be still,' but it’s kind of hard to be still when you know you have someone grabbing your testicles through your underwear, and putting their fingers in places that another man shouldn’t be," Campbell told WXYZ.

"It is a body cavity search; it is the worst intrusion by any public officer anywhere on the face of the planet," Campbell's lawyer, David Robinson, added.

Campbell recently filed a federal lawsuit against the City of Allen Park and Officer Mack.

Robinson said that Michigan law requires a search warrant for a cavity search, but there was no warrant in this incident.

"The only person who can do the searching, according to the statute, is a licensed medical professional," Robinson added. "It doesn’t happen in anybody’s holding cell, in any jail."

Mack does not reportedly have any type of medical license, and did not mention a cavity search in his police report, which also is required by law.

"This is about the other people that it happened to, so if I don’t stand up who will?" Campbell concluded. "I know I’m not the only victim and I just want all of you out there to stand up, speak up. You have rights. Use them. What he did was not right. He can’t get away with it. And no one else can get away with it."

The Allen Park police chief refused to comment about the incident.

WXYZ also reported that Mack wrongfully pulled over Arthur W. Chapman and locked him up on May 8, 2015; Chapman was released after a witness came forward.

Chapman, who is also an African-American, recently told the news station how Campbell's arrest made him feel:

It immediately made me feel that I hadn’t done enough with my situation. That I hadn’t publicized it enough, that I hadn’t sought out that this officer was disciplined enough.

I won’t stop until I see this officer taken off the force.

Even though I’m a model citizen, educated, gainfully employed, it really would have changed my life for the worse.

Chapman recalled his arrest:

[Mack] stayed behind me, got on his loud speaker, and said, "Cut the car off and drop the keys out of the window." Now I’m looking around, thinking someone’s in trouble, not knowing that he’s talking to me.

I told him, "Officer I have my CPL, I have a weapon on me, my weapon is under the seat." He said, "Get out of the [expletive] car right now." So I yelled back, "I’m going to take my right hand, and go for my seatbelt, my seatbelt!"

As soon as I hit my seat belt button, he grabbed me under my arm, slung me out of the car, spun me around backwards and put handcuffs on me.

Mack arrested Chapman for misdemeanor reckless driving, but Chapman was eventually cleared by a witness who had to call the police station five times.

Robinson is also representing Chapman in a lawsuit against Mack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GetE87U5aHQ

PorkChopSandwiches
10-04-2016, 04:16 PM
:wank:

deebakes
10-04-2016, 04:46 PM
:facepalm:

redred
10-04-2016, 04:51 PM
with all the cop/black problems you'd think they'd try and do things by the book for a bit

Muddy
10-04-2016, 05:11 PM
How could the cop resist?

Hugh_Janus
10-04-2016, 08:07 PM
m-o-o-n... that spells fingerblzast