PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines Female Passenger Demands Apology After Being Asked to Switch Seat for Muslims

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2016, 12:08 PM
By Ellie Cambridge - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/EQkvqGOl.jpg

A woman on a United Airlines flight was allegedly made to move seats as two Pakistani men could not sit next to her.

Mary Campos was boarding a flight from California to Houston when she said she was told her pre-booked seat had been changed, The Sun reported.

The explanation was because she had been booked into a seat next to two passengers whose cultural beliefs meant they were unable to sit next to a woman.

She says she was also told that the men were unable to be served by female staff.

Although she was shocked, she said she had no choice but to take the new seat.

The men were described by Ms Campos as “Pakistani monks” who were wearing long orange shirts.

They may have been Hindu monks who, along with nuns, take a vow of celibacy which means they cannot communicate with members of the opposite sex, but this is unconfirmed.

In a letter to United Airlines, the senior consultant wrote: “What if I were handicapped or transgender? What if your entire crew were female?

“Any belief that prevents individuals from interacting with females should not travel on commercial aircraft.

“I thought I lived in a culture where females were equal to men.”

She said she did not want to sue the airline but wanted an apology for every woman on-board that flight.

United Airlines said it would be investigating the matter.

In a statement, it said: “We regret that Ms Campos was unhappy with the handling of the seat assignments on her flight.

“United holds its employees to the highest standards of professionalism and has zero tolerance for discrimination.”

redred
10-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Unless it was to 1st class, no

Godfather
10-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Haven't there been a few cases of ultra orthodox jewish men doing this too?

They can all take a horse and carriage if they want to live in the middle ages.