PDA

View Full Version : 2 Boston police officers in 'extremely critical' condition after shooting

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2016, 10:20 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/Wf2PFwy.jpg

Two Boston police officers were “extremely critical” after a man wearing body armor and armed with an assault rifle shot them multiple times, police said Thursday.

Police Commissioner William Evans said the suspect fired at the officers late Wednesday night after they arrived at an East Boston home. Several other officers who were stationed outside ran inside and exchanged fire with the gunman.

"Domestic calls, as you know, are probably the most volatile. You never really know what you're walking into," Evans said. "And I think we see right now the dangers of our job."

The officers shot and killed the suspect and then began giving the fallen officers first aid. Evans said one of the wounded officers was a 28-year veteran of the force and the other a 12-year veteran.

"One officer had his hand in one of the wounds and I think that was instrumental in getting the officer down to Mass General quickly," Evans said.

Both officers were transported to Massachusetts General Hospital, where they were being treated for serious injuries. Nine other officers were being treated at Tufts Medical Center for trauma, stress and minor injuries.

Police, initially concerned that there might be a second suspect, ordered residents to shelter in place. That order was later lifted.

Police did not identify the suspect or the two wounded officers.

As is standard protocol following such events, the district attorney's office said there would be an investigation into the use of deadly force.

"They ran into a firefight here, able to pull two of their officers out safely, and again unfortunately, we had to take a life in doing it," Evans said.

Boston Mayor Martin Walsh joined Evans at the hospital. He asked that the community "pray for our officers."

deebakes
10-13-2016, 12:56 PM
:wtf2:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-13-2016, 03:45 PM
blm

deebakes
10-13-2016, 08:48 PM
:-k boston lives matter?

PorkChopSandwiches
10-13-2016, 09:01 PM
:racist: