PDA

View Full Version : Biden: Trump is 'sexual predator' but Bill Clinton conduct 'shouldn't matter'

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2016, 05:47 PM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/C5p9xQ9.jpg

Vice President Biden claimed in an interview with NBC News that Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct “shouldn’t matter” because he’s already “paid a price” – though he hammered Donald Trump as a “sexual predator.”

The vice president tried to draw a distinction between the similar allegations against Clinton and Trump that have dominated the campaign in recent days. Trump at the last debate invoked the claims of women who have accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault, but within days was battling new allegations from women who accused him of groping and forcing himself on them.

Biden, speaking with “Meet the Press,” was asked whether the former president’s conduct matters.

“No, it shouldn't matter,” Biden said. “Look, I can't make any excuse for Bill Clinton's conduct. I wouldn't attempt to make any excuses for the conduct. But he paid a price for it. He paid a price. He was impeached. And he … expressed his deep sorrow and acknowledged what he did.”

Biden then made a sharp turn to discuss the Republican presidential nominee.

“This guy, as I said, has acknowledged that he has been a sexual predator. He's acknowledged that he's abused his power. And … as I said, the textbook definition of what constitutes sexual assault,” he said.

Trump has denied the allegations against him. In a blistering speech in West Palm Beach, Fla., on Thursday, he said the campaign has “substantial evidence” to dispute the latest “orchestrated” allegations and will release them at the appropriate time.

“These vicious claims about me of inappropriate conduct with women are totally and absolutely false. These claims are all fiction, entirely fabricated and are outright lies,” he said.

He singled out the accusers as “horrible, horrible liars.”

PorkChopSandwiches
10-14-2016, 05:52 PM
:rofl:

deebakes
10-14-2016, 06:44 PM
:excellent:

RBP
10-14-2016, 09:05 PM
:facepalm:

Godfather
10-15-2016, 01:10 AM
It's all really fucking concerning :lol:

But these recent Trump accusations seem convenient... reminds me a tad of what happened to a very popular CBC host up here a few months back, Jian Ghomeshi. He was released from his job at CBC for inappropriate behavior (fairly nondescript but it was sexual harassment related). Next thing you know there are half a dozen women accusing him of rape including a C-list celebrity. He was found not guilty on all counts of rape, and the stories of the accusers were sketchy at best. CBC still said that aside from those claims he was a seedy motherfucker and wouldn't hire him back... but you get the idea.

I'm not saying I think Trump or Ghomeshi (and they're probably not a great comparison) are clean... but accusing men of rape seems like popular and convenient way to tarnish a name, and I question some (if not all) these claims.

lost in melb.
10-15-2016, 03:42 AM
Well, I think he did it and suggest it's more a case of gaining confidence to speak out and a bit of male Beta-shaming that women are programmed to do. (you know how women will sexually oblige for an alpha male, but when he's down and out i'ts 'ewww, he touched me')

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2016, 04:09 AM
Why do you think he did it? Where's your irrefutable proof that he did it? How did you come by this irrefutable proof? If there was any substance to these claims he would be in court facing charges. He's not. The fact remains is that this is a perfectly timed calculated maneuver in the political games that the parties play here in the USA. They throw everything they can at each other and try to illicit an emotional response out of voters to keep them from looking deeper at the party throwing the mud. The Democrats are fucking masters of mudslinging. Now he may not be the ideal candidate that this country deserves, but he's a damn sight better than she is. She's a fucking criminal that belongs behind bars... and that has been proven, but because of the corrupt nature of politics and the even more corrupt nature of the current administration, it's not going to happen while the Democrats hold the Presidency.

lost in melb.
10-15-2016, 04:32 AM
I think he did it based on the hot mic recorded just after he married Melanie saying that women, included married women, are 'fair game'. He seemed to be genuinely boasting about stuff he's done.

What about the women coming forward about Bill now? Political motivation?

lost in melb.
10-15-2016, 05:23 AM
http://nypost.com/2016/10/14/trump-camp-puts-forward-witness-to-refute-sex-assault-claim/

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2016, 08:51 AM
I think he did it based on the hot mic recorded just after he married Melanie saying that women, included married women, are 'fair game'. He seemed to be genuinely boasting about stuff he's done.

What about the women coming forward about Bill now? Political motivation?

You're not an athlete, are you? Locker room talk? Guys talk shit all the time. It's called "male-bonding".

The women coming forward about Bill now have been screaming from the rafters before he became President. Nobody listened back then either.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Why do you think he did it? Where's your irrefutable proof that he did it? How did you come by this irrefutable proof? If there was any substance to these claims he would be in court facing charges. He's not. The fact remains is that this is a perfectly timed calculated maneuver in the political games that the parties play here in the USA. They throw everything they can at each other and try to illicit an emotional response out of voters to keep them from looking deeper at the party throwing the mud. The Democrats are fucking masters of mudslinging. Now he may not be the ideal candidate that this country deserves, but he's a damn sight better than she is. She's a fucking criminal that belongs behind bars... and that has been proven, but because of the corrupt nature of politics and the even more corrupt nature of the current administration, it's not going to happen while the Democrats hold the Presidency.

It's because he's been tried and convicted by the world liberal media. People that don't like Trump or refuse to question the timing of all this don't care, they believe everything they read about him that the media vomits out. Why question it? The papers and news are covering it so it must be true. Meanwhile, stuff keeps coming out about Hillary on a daily basis but not surprisingly, NONE of the mainstream media outlets cover any of it. Have you seen any of the Wikileaks stuff I've posted this week anywhere besides FOX News or online conservative media outlets? Of course not, because the media is pro Hillary and anti Trump and they will do anything and everything to make sure she's elected. Like GF said above, most of these claims are sketchy at best and the timing is just a little more than too convenient, that is unless you drink the liberal koolaid.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2016, 12:18 PM
You're not an athlete, are you? Locker room talk? Guys talk shit all the time. It's called "male-bonding".

The women coming forward about Bill now have been screaming from the rafters before he became President. Nobody listened back then either.

And these athletes that have been coming out trying to say there's no talk like that in any locker room they've been in are fucking liars.

Pony
10-15-2016, 12:24 PM
And these athletes that have been coming out trying to say there's no talk like that in any locker room they've been in are fucking liars.

A female friend of mine works at the Chevy plant with mostly guys so hears this kind of talk all the time. She's not easily offended and usually dishes it back out. She posted the other day that she has heard girl talk in the ladies room that even made HER blush.

RBP
10-15-2016, 01:38 PM
A female friend of mine works at the Chevy plant with mostly guys so hears this kind of talk all the time. She's not easily offended and usually dishes it back out. She posted the other day that she has heard girl talk in the ladies room that even made HER blush.

When I am driving, the women's conversations are far worse than the men's.

Godfather
10-15-2016, 05:19 PM
When I am driving, the women's conversations are far worse than the men's.

Man it's SOOO true... just from having chats with my wife about what her friends talk about versus my buddies. They talk about the nitty-gritty foul shit, how hard, where, when, what position, what it fucking smelled like :lol: Us guys just send a pic of the girl they nailed to our group chat, tell us how they got her to smash, we all say 'nice' and carry on chatting football or videogames :rofl:

lost in melb.
10-16-2016, 01:28 PM

I've done plenty of vulgar male talk - but this was more than that - describes specific behaviour and an attitude of superiority due to him being wealthy. I'm sure he didn't grab them by the pussy, but there are plenty of accounts of the kissing and a general derogatory attitude towards women. He's running for president, not the Olympics.

lost in melb.
10-16-2016, 01:32 PM
It's because he's been tried and convicted by the world liberal media. People that don't like Trump or refuse to question the timing of all this don't care, they believe everything they read about him that the media vomits out. Why question it? The papers and news are covering it so it must be true. Meanwhile, stuff keeps coming out about Hillary on a daily basis but not surprisingly, NONE of the mainstream media outlets cover any of it. Have you seen any of the Wikileaks stuff I've posted this week anywhere besides FOX News or online conservative media outlets? Of course not, because the media is pro Hillary and anti Trump and they will do anything and everything to make sure she's elected. Like GF said above, most of these claims are sketchy at best and the timing is just a little more than too convenient, that is unless you drink the liberal koolaid.

This isn't quite true. I've posted some links from mainstream media covering Hill-Billly. In fairness they don't use the same voracious language as the Trump ones, but they are being written. I suspect, too, that people are more interesting in sensationalist Trump exposes than technical papers on white collar crime.

Muddy
10-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Its all a distraction.

lost in melb.
10-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Its all a distraction.

Probably yes, but he was doomed from the start. Core support base is too small, however you spin it

RBP
10-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Probably yes, but he was doomed from the start. Core support base is too small, however you spin it

But what percentage of voters, enthusiasm, and sense of priority, does Clinton lose while the media declares it over?

DemonGeminiX
10-16-2016, 04:35 PM
I've done plenty of vulgar male talk - but this was more than that - describes specific behaviour and an attitude of superiority due to him being wealthy. I'm sure he didn't grab them by the pussy, but there are plenty of accounts of the kissing and a general derogatory attitude towards women. He's running for president, not the Olympics.

It's more than that in your mind, because you want it to be more than that.... exactly what the liberal element in the US political system wants you to believe. I and friends of mine described specific behaviors and held attitudes of superiority when we were younger and in better shape, because we were young and in fantastic shape. It was still horseshit. Guys talk big when they have an edge. Being rich gives you an edge. Some take it further than others. Over the years, a lot of people that disliked me talked shit on me all the time, but that's just the nature of haters. It doesn't matter what he's running for. Irrelevant. It's a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. Again, if there was actually something to this, the accusers would be filing charges against the man instead of going on the liberal news. It's complete and total bullshit.

As far as the general derogatory attitude toward women thing goes, horseshit. He employs women out the wazoo. They all stand by him steadfastly. You want derogatory? Take a good hard look at how Hillary treated the women that Bill assaulted. Those women may have been upset with Bill, but they're absolutely terrified of Hillary. You can't be a champion of women when you treat women like absolute shit. And it's not just women, Hillary treats everyone like shit when the public eye isn't on her. There's books written about it by former Secret Service agents that covered the Clintons when they were in the White House. She is an absolutely terrible human being. Comparatively far worse than Trump is.

Godfather
10-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Again, if there was actually something to this, the accusers would be filing charges against the man instead of going on the liberal news. It's complete and total bullshit.

What's going to come of this ancient child molestation charge? I dono much about it other than a few headlines saying there's pre-trial debate. Not bating here, I've stopped following it all together :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2016, 04:06 AM
Well, depending on when it allegedly happened and the jurisdiction in which it allegedly happened, the statute of limitations may have run out. But still, some of these accusations are being claimed as fairly recent (2009?), which leads me to believe that if there was any clout to these accusations, he'd be standing before a judge. I'd say that if anybody has any accusations within the past 10 years, then they should take it up with legal authorities and bring him before a judge. But they're not. And that just smacks of mudslinging... and quite possibly slander, which is a crime in the US.

The fact that they're claiming that he did these things and the alleged "victims" didn't take it up immediately with legal authorities directly after the alleged event smells really bad.

So why didn't they call the police and report it? Because it never happened and it's all a crock of shit.

Godfather
10-17-2016, 05:23 AM
I agree with you, it smells real bad, very convenient

However just to play devil's advocate for something to toss around, and of course these is really anecdotal... a close friend of my wife was raped on camping trip and never took it to the authorities because she was a teen at the time, scared, I'm not really sure all the reasons. She's now got her shit together, very successful girl, but knows that there's no statute of limitations on rape (at least here). She's also a vindictive person, and part of me wonders if she'll wait to rain shit on her rapist's life later on as payback when she feels the time is right (in fact she's privately spoken about the possibility of doing this). I'm not saying it's the right way to go about things by any means, but I am saying I know these crimes can come to light years later.

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2016, 06:11 AM
I can see it. I understand. But, if we're talking fairly recent events, I mean within the 10 year period that I referred to before... c'mon man. Read the US news. It's all about women empowerment, down with men, up with women, minority rules, all that stuff. The legal system is increasingly in their favor today. If now's not the perfect time to go after your rapist, sexual molester, abuser, or whatever you want to call it, before the statute of limitations run out here, then when is? Now is the best time to bring charges against your violator. The most damage you can do to a candidate is not belittle him in the press, but it's to take his ass to court and show people you're serious... "Yes, he did in fact do this to me, and now I want my god damned pound of flesh! He'll never do this to another woman again! Presidency be damned!!!"

It just doesn't make any damn sense to come out and just say "Oh by the way, he raped me" and not do anything about it in this day and age. There is so much going on in favor of sexual abuse victims, legally speaking, more so now than in any previous point in US history.

Like you said, convenient. Way too convenient. Is there a cow farm nearby? Because I smell bullshit.

lost in melb.
10-17-2016, 01:47 PM
But what percentage of voters, enthusiasm, and sense of priority, does Clinton lose while the media declares it over?

I think the Hilliary camp would be remiss to get complacent. :)

But my main point was the Trump core base is not quite big enough to carry him. It was looking good at the start, but he has alienated too many groups - in part due to his stupidity and no-one else's. Buck's gotta stop with him at the end of the day, media or not!

lost in melb.
10-17-2016, 02:01 PM
It's more than that in your mind, because you want it to be more than that.... exactly what the liberal element in the US political system wants you to believe. I and friends of mine described specific behaviors and held attitudes of superiority when we were younger and in better shape, because we were young and in fantastic shape. It was still horseshit. Guys talk big when they have an edge. Being rich gives you an edge. Some take it further than others. Over the years, a lot of people that disliked me talked shit on me all the time, but that's just the nature of haters. It doesn't matter what he's running for. Irrelevant. It's a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. Again, if there was actually something to this, the accusers would be filing charges against the man instead of going on the liberal news. It's complete and total bullshit.

As far as the general derogatory attitude toward women thing goes, horseshit. He employs women out the wazoo. They all stand by him steadfastly. You want derogatory? Take a good hard look at how Hillary treated the women that Bill assaulted. Those women may have been upset with Bill, but they're absolutely terrified of Hillary. You can't be a champion of women when you treat women like absolute shit. And it's not just women, Hillary treats everyone like shit when the public eye isn't on her. There's books written about it by former Secret Service agents that covered the Clintons when they were in the White House. She is an absolutely terrible human being. Comparatively far worse than Trump is.

I appreciated what you are saying, but I still think higher standards of moral decency are expected of the 'chief commander of the free world'.

This is yet another overblown attack on Mr. T, but I am post it as it collates in one place his highly public misogynistic stance. I have a 14 year old sister and locker room talk or not, it curdles my blood reading his shit in the context of that personal relationship. I don't think it's the way forward.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/opinion/sunday/if-hillary-clinton-groped-men.html

Re the Hilliary account they are as much hearsay as Trump's accusers. If we accept one, then we should accept the other. Hilliary has publicly supported women's rights and it seems logical that in private she does so as well. Though she may well have bullied the accusers of Bill specifically, I don't see her being a negative influence on women as president

RBP
10-17-2016, 03:27 PM
I think the Hilliary camp would be remiss to get complacent. :)

But my main point was the Trump core base is not quite big enough to carry him. It was looking good at the start, but he has alienated too many groups - in part due to his stupidity and no-one else's. Buck's gotta stop with him at the end of the day, media or not!

That is a the press mantra. Not enough in the base to carry him over. But multiple polls are within the margin of error. That margin doesn't necessarily have to swing up for Trump as the media says it has to (and won't, as the story goes), it could swing down for Hillary by people not showing up.

This whole press thing should give us pause, big pause. In effect, we have state controlled media right now. And Trump's the fascist? Hmmmmm....

Pony
10-17-2016, 04:42 PM
But multiple polls are within the margin of error.

Also assuming the polls aren't being manipulated. I doubt any of them are completely unbiased.