PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Any of y'all ever gone to a gun show? Have you ever scored any really good deals there? Guns, ammo, clips, other junk? I've got one coming up at the end of the month and I think I'm going to attend, but I'd like to know what to expect before I grab a shitload of cash and head out to it.

:-k

RBP
10-17-2016, 03:18 PM
:pewpew:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Gun shows are kind of a crap shoot, there's overpriced stuff and there are bargains. Most of the booths at gun shows (at least all the ones I've been to) are dealers. So, if it's an all-weekend show, Sundays are good days to go because a lot of the dealers will be willing to deal on pricing just so they don't have to hall everything back to the store. I got my Sig at a gun show and got a smoking deal on it. If you go on Saturday though, while there may be more selection, they are much less likely to haggle on pricing.

Godfather
10-22-2016, 02:28 AM
They must be fun as hell though eh?

I'd love to go to one just to window shop and talk with some experts!

Loser
10-22-2016, 04:23 AM
Don't go to a show expecting internet pricing. You will beat most local store pricing, but you won't find internet pricing type deals.

The area I live in has one almost every weekend between 3 places that are 30 miles apart, and most of the vendors are regional distributors.

It's fun to look and fondle, but spectacular deals are rare.

lost in melb.
10-22-2016, 06:43 AM
I've been trying to move this one for a while - still waiting for a gun show to hit my local area. Vintage quality.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Toy_popgun.jpg

RBP
10-22-2016, 07:39 AM
Don't go to a show expecting internet pricing. You will beat most local store pricing, but you won't find internet pricing type deals.

The area I live in has one almost every weekend between 3 places that are 30 miles apart, and most of the vendors are regional distributors.

It's fun to look and fondle, but spectacular deals are rare.

I feel the same way about hookers.

Yt Trash
10-22-2016, 10:50 PM
I have found that the most polite people on earth are at a Gun Show. With them being crowded, people are usually bumping into one another and everytime, I get a sorry or after you sir. Funny thing, you can't carry in one, so I don't know why that is.

redred
10-23-2016, 05:07 AM
I've been trying to move this one for a while - still waiting for a gun show to hit my local area. Vintage quality.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Toy_popgun.jpg
Did you nick that bullet from a hat?