PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Penn Jillette Twitter Feuding With Miss Tennessee?!

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2011, 02:42 PM
by Bruna Nessif - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/DcNzn.jpg

Oh man, looks like we have another addition to the fiery Twitter gang!

Penn Jillette (one half of the illusionist duo, Penn and Teller) was a guest judge for the Miss Teen USA pageant on Sunday and was quick to offer his two cents on the outcome of the contest through some tweets.

They weren't as foul as some other tweets we've read, but they were still pretty bad.

Maybe because they were specifically targeted toward one blond Southern belle...

Jillette let all the world know (or at least everyone who reads his tweets) that he was more than happy to help Miss Tennessee Ashley Durham lose to Miss California Alyssa Campanella in the pageant.

Why the burn?!

Well it turns out he wasn't very happy with Durham's onstage answer to the question of whether burning religious items, specifically the Koran, should be afforded the same constitutional protections as flag burning.

She said it crossed the line and shouldn't be, and apparently that crossed the line for Jillette.

He tweeted, "I 'judged' Miss USA. 'Miss' TN was asked about burning the Koran and she negated the whole First Amendment. F--k her. Glad to help her lose."

And now we see why he holds the First Amendment so dear.

Durham, who placed second in the pageant, said in a statement today that she's disappointed with his comments and that it was uncalled for that he would delight in shooting down her dreams.

Followers on Twitter also questioned his motives, which caused Jillette to really go at it. A couple of his responses read:

"If they don't want them judged on the questions, don't ask them. And she didn't answer well. It wasn't just the idea."

"She said people should not be allowed to burn books or the flag. I think that's freedom of speech."

"Well, she answered the question sloppily AND I think the Bill of Rights matters. Freedom in important."

Muddy
06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Harsh!

MrsM
06-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I always thought he was an ass

Hugh_Janus
06-22-2011, 08:05 PM
wait.... his first name is penn?

Noilly Pratt
06-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Yep. A very knowledgeable computer guy as well.

I like Ms. Tennesee. Her bikini is shineey....so are her teeth er caps.

Muddy
06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
A very knowledgeable computer guy as well.

He looks like it...

Hal-9000
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
reminds me of the answer one prior contestant gave about gay marriage...she pretty much said it was not ok with her because it disagreed with the bible and her upbringing...

no matter how Neanderthal the answer...it is their opinion and I don't think they should get that much flack for it, right or wrong

them girls aren't equipped to think anyways :lol:

DemonGeminiX
06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I like Penn, but I thought it sounded like a loaded question. Damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda thing. Think about it... any which way she answered it, someone could take offense to which ever answer she'd give. He painted her into a corner.

Muddy
06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Penns a dick...

He's just bitter because he's ugly, and she's not..

AntZ
06-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I think this new trend of asking beauty queens about these hard core polarizing social issues is such BULLSHIT!

What do you think of gay marriage? What do you think about abortion? What do you think about assisted suicide? What do you think about Sharia Law?

Why do we need to know? Why is this important for girls that will make appearances at parades, old folks homes, and grand openings of shopping malls?

This is just political shit slinging from extremists to catch the girls off guard in hopes to get them in a gotcha moment! :roll:

I'm waiting for the girl that will stand up and say, "that question is inappropriate for a beauty contest"! "I choose not to answer"

Hal-9000
06-22-2011, 08:46 PM
I think this new trend of asking beauty queens about these hard core polarizing social issues is such BULLSHIT!

What do you think of gay marriage? What do you think about abortion? What do you think about assisted suicide? What do you think about Sharia Law?

Why do we need to know? Why is this important for girls that will make appearances at parades, old folks homes, and grand openings of shopping malls?

This is just political shit slinging from extremists to catch the girls off guard in hopes to get them in a gotcha moment! :roll:

I'm waiting for the girl that will stand up and say, "that question is inappropriate for a beauty contest"! "I choose not to answer"

here, here :thumbsup:

it's a pageant, not a world symposium discussing the serious issues of the day

PorkChopSandwiches
06-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Good for him :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Good for him :tup:

For being an ass clown? I agree :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-22-2011, 09:45 PM
He's an ass clown for mocking some idiot who doesn't believe in Freedom of Speech :stfu:

Muddy
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
He's an ass clown for acting like a righteous fuckin prick with a young female contestant at a beauty contest... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I hate when people stand up for our rights by talking down to fools who want to give them away.

Muddy
06-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I dont have to stand up to talk down to you Porky... :dance: :razz: :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.spankthellama.com/hashbrowns/main.php/d/13008-1/dont+give+me+that+look+you+son+of+a+bitch+pacman+g hosts+avatar.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2011, 11:15 PM
He's an ass clown for mocking some idiot who doesn't believe in Freedom of Speech :stfu:

He's an ass clown for acting like a righteous fuckin prick with a young female contestant at a beauty contest... :lol:

This ^^^^

I guess it's only okay for someone to have an opinion as long as it agrees with everyone else. I guess I thought this was the United States, not Iran :roll: