PDA

View Full Version : Millennial Men Rush to Restore Their Foreskins, ‘Feel Whole Again’

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2016, 12:06 PM
By Heat Street Staff and Free Media

1299249576754700/

A few years ago, Robbie Boucher (now a 32 year old father of two) noticed the sensitivity of his penis was dropping dramatically. Turning to the Internet for answers, it wasn’t long before he came across an uncomfortable idea: what if the reason he was losing sensitivity was a result of being circumcised as an infant? The theory went this way: had the exposed glans of his penis built up extra layers of tissue over the years, much as a foot would get calluses after walking barefoot? Had Robbie’s penis been surgically de-sensitized?

Robbie felt cheated and left reeling from a deep sense of loss. So he joined the growing ranks of American men attempting to restore their foreskins. We’ve witnessed some of Robbie’s journey, and his quest to create the ultimate tugger, in this short documentary produced with our partners at FreeMedia.

There are no official numbers, but online forums and sales figures suggest there are tens of thousands of men currently “restoring”. For instance, the largest online community, RestoringForeskin.org, has more than 16,000 members. And Ron Low, maker of the popular ‘TLC Tugger’ has seen his business grow steadily over the past decade, with around 5,000 new customers each year.

Restorers believe the foreskin is not just a useless flap – they argue it protects the head of the penis and makes for better sex. They use a range of devices and their hands to gently tug on the remaining foreskin. This sustained tension over time creates extra tissue. And although it doesn’t have the specialized nerves and physiological functions of an actual foreskin, restorers such as Robbie say it makes a big difference in the bedroom.

Skeptical? There are plenty of time lapse videos online (major NSFW) that show it is indeed possible to create the appearance of a new foreskin, however no official studies have been done to test whether this new skin coverage actually makes the penis more sensitive. The American Urological Association does not have a position on the practice and there is nothing in the medical literature. Robbie says he doesn’t care if the physical improvements are all in his head – he will continue restoring because it brings him an enormous amount of satisfaction and relief.

For Robbie and other restorers, it’s not just about physical sensation, it’s about regaining a sense of wholeness. Restorers see circumcision as a human rights issue – akin to that surrounding child genital mutilation. Robbie is not angry with his parents – he understands they were just following the doctor’s advice. The American Academy of Pediatrics says the medical benefits of routine infant circumcision outweigh the risks. This guidance stands in contrast to that of other Western countries such as Australia, Britain and Canada which say circumcision is not medically necessary.

deebakes
10-20-2016, 10:01 PM
:ffs:

RBP
10-20-2016, 11:53 PM
Female genital mutilation is torture. Male genital mutilation is medicine.

lost in melb.
10-21-2016, 07:48 AM

You should start a blog or something dude. Your talents are wasted amongst this rabble

RBP
10-21-2016, 12:04 PM
You should start a blog or something dude. Your talents are wasted amongst this rabble

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2016, 12:10 PM

I'm pretty happy being cut, TYVM :lol:

deebakes
10-21-2016, 01:30 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/nq7gvl.gif

Muddy
10-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Men with cut junk have much lower cases of dick related cancer..

RBP
10-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Men with cut junk have much lower cases of dick related cancer..

Kind of... but only because of an decreased STD risk, which can be mitigated other ways.

Muddy
10-21-2016, 05:32 PM
Kind of... but only because of an decreased STD risk, which can be mitigated other ways.

I thought it was a cleanliness issue that was the major contributor..

RBP
10-21-2016, 05:34 PM
I thought it was a cleanliness issue that was the major contributor..

Same issue, really...

Godfather
10-22-2016, 02:18 AM
This forum fucking hates Millennials :lol: Technically I'm 12 years removed from being one but somehow I have to admit it irks me :lol:

deebakes
10-22-2016, 02:49 AM
the foreskin part or what? :-k

RBP
10-22-2016, 05:40 AM
This forum fucking hates Millennials :lol: Technically I'm 12 years removed from being one but somehow I have to admit it irks me :lol:

I am sure we'd be open to discussing your list of the redeeming qualities of millennials.

allsmiles
10-22-2016, 06:59 AM

With all due respect (and I typically agree with most of what you have to say) I will have to say that the circumcision of women usually occurs in certain tribes, after the woman has had her first period, no pain relievers, usually in unclean environments and all of her "feel good" parts are removed. It is thought that women aren't supposed to find pleasure in sex, so they remove everything that makes it enjoyable for her.

For male circumcisions, they are typically performed in a sterile environment, with numbing cream, and the baby doesn't remember it. And it doesn't interfere with a grown man's ability to ejaculate and enjoy sex.

That being said, I do understand the controversy over someone other than the penis owner making decisions regarding the removal of pieces of it, but I'm not sure many men would elect to have it done later in life. I've never met a man who regrets being circumcised as a baby, but I have met a man who regrets not being circumcised.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but just in case you weren't

RBP
10-22-2016, 07:33 AM
With all due respect (and I typically agree with most of what you have to say) I will have to say that the circumcision of women usually occurs in certain tribes, after the woman has had her first period, no pain relievers, usually in unclean environments and all of her "feel good" parts are removed. It is thought that women aren't supposed to find pleasure in sex, so they remove everything that makes it enjoyable for her.

For male circumcisions, they are typically performed in a sterile environment, with numbing cream, and the baby doesn't remember it. And it doesn't interfere with a grown man's ability to ejaculate and enjoy sex.

That being said, I do understand the controversy over someone other than the penis owner making decisions regarding the removal of pieces of it, but I'm not sure many men would elect to have it done later in life. I've never met a man who regrets being circumcised as a baby, but I have met a man who regrets not being circumcised.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but just in case you weren't

Much of that is based on cultural norms. Do they regret, or not regret, based on facts or based on cultural norms? Many women refuse to suck an uncircumcised cock because "it's gross". Natural is gross? Again, cultural norms.

I was being dramatic, but the point remains that one is viewed as mutilation and the other is not.

I feel like your argument is based on intent. On that I agree. The intent with male mutilation is good will. The intent with female mutilation is usually not.

allsmiles
10-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Much of that is based on cultural norms. Do they regret, or not regret, based on facts or based on cultural norms? Many women refuse to suck an uncircumcised cock because "it's gross". Natural is gross? Again, cultural norms.

I was being dramatic, but the point remains that one is viewed as mutilation and the other is not.

I feel like your argument is based on intent. On that I agree. The intent with male mutilation is good will. The intent with female mutilation is usually not.

Yes, my friend regrets not being circumcised because he was called an anteater in the locker room and felt like girls would be scared of it, so yes, his regrets were based on the cultural norm.

I don't know all of the reasons behind why males should or should not be circumcised, though I do find it a little odd to remove a part of the body that you are born with, but we also shave our legs, trim our nails and cut our hair, though none of which are painful, but they are still ways we alter our bodies that we are born with. But as you said, cultural norm dictates to some of us that it needs to be done in order for our sons to not be made fun of and for hygiene reasons. It technically is mutilation, but then so is piercing a baby girl's ears. But neither of those things are done to prevent the enjoyments of life.

So yes, the intent behind circumsizing women is sexist because it removes all enjoyment she would have otherwise experienced, and is done for the sole purpose of removing her sexual enjoyment; while circumcising men as babies is, as you said, is done with good intentions.

I can guarantee you that if male circumcisions were routinely done after puberty, with no pain relievers, in an unsteril environment and removed all of his ability to enjoy sex because it is believed that men don't deserve to feel good during sex because men are believed to be only "things" for women to use to get their pleasure, then it would surly be referred to as mutilation.

I agree that the technical definition of circumcision is mutilation, be it on a man or a woman, but society doesn't see it as such with males because, as you said, it is done with good intentions and is way less severe than circumcisions in women.

Hikari Kisugi
10-22-2016, 08:17 AM

It really isn't medicine.
There is virtually no need for it, certainly not in the large amounts it is done.
Occasionally a man will need circumcision for medical reasons, it is quite rare.
The rest is tradition or religion.
Neither of which involve fact.

Hugh_Janus
10-22-2016, 08:20 AM
tfw you chopped dick havers will never know what this feels like :empathy:

nsfw obviously

http://66.media.tumblr.com/3bbb5ac7e38d79d1c0dc3c85c4d493ed/tumblr_n1vcudBxnp1sf3a59o1_400.gif

Godfather
10-22-2016, 08:51 AM
I am sure we'd be open to discussing your list of the redeeming qualities of millennials.

Maybe! But I mean I posted an article showig work ethics of millennials are no different from other generations that got exactly zero comment I think :lol:

lost in melb.
10-22-2016, 11:13 AM
hahaha

RBP
10-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Maybe! But I mean I posted an article showig work ethics of millennials are no different from other generations that got exactly zero comment I think :lol:

I was being sarcastic. We don't care about your list.

deebakes
10-22-2016, 01:54 PM
:rofl:

Godfather
10-22-2016, 08:06 PM
I was being sarcastic. We don't care about your list.

But I'm (almost) a millennial, that means I demand your attention while spouting off about whatever I feel like! #outraged

deebakes
10-22-2016, 08:39 PM
kids these days #triggered

Godfather
10-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Stop using kid in a derogatory manor #pedophobic