PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreakme to return with ios 5

Berto
06-22-2011, 08:55 PM
if your like me a jailbreak fan on apple devices, the only way to do it just now is by connecting to your computer and downloading software Greenpois0n etc, after a long absence Jailbreakme by Comex is maiking a return with ios 5.
Jailbreakme is a really simple way to JB your iDevice go to your browser (safari) goto jailbreakme.com and slide the slider, how easy is that.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPmk_jKwqbbwZnZbgmaFOxleCOxXkBn e9OMHay5Onpmvu4xeKrqQ
They had this out many os's ago lol but the Gods at Comex are back and not before time.:excellent:

SmoothBob
06-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I plugged me phone into me computer today and it says unable to connect to device, please press restore! [-(

Berto
06-22-2011, 09:33 PM
I plugged me phone into me computer today and it says unable to connect to device, please press restore! [-(
Have you plugged it in before recently?

redred
06-22-2011, 09:44 PM

i plugged mine in today the message i got was 'thank god you have an android' :dance:

SmoothBob
06-22-2011, 09:49 PM
i plugged mine in today the message i got was 'thank god you have an android' :dance:

:slap:

redred
06-22-2011, 09:54 PM
:lol:

SmoothBob
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Yi can put Android onna jailbreak if yi want..

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM

:burn:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Yi can put Android onna jailbreak if yi want..

Android users don't need to jailbreak....Google isn't a Nazi company like Apple. We can already put any app we want on our phones :dance:

:nana:

Loser
06-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Sorry, I tried my hand at apple products, and the constant updates, app updates, jailbreaking, etc... was such a fk'in hassle it gave me headaches.

It boiled down to, why use a crippled device?

Why should I have to jailbreak my device and install 5-10 apps just to get the same functionality as almost every other phone on the market?

SmoothBob
06-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Mainly because of how interactive the phone is, the screen, the layout, ease of use etc..

redred
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
to me the 2 main reasons for me not wanting or having an iphone are the cost even is you have a cheap monthly contract to cost of the phone is sky high or you have a free phone and the monthly pay would be £40 ish or more a month and the other is i wanted something different than what i see everyone else with ,that i think is advantage of android you can chose the make/design of phone that you like ,now it's clear by the sells that apple have got it right with the iphone and the rest of there stuff but it's just not for me ,i only mock users for fun i know that the iphone is a good device deep down

Jezter
06-23-2011, 04:37 PM
It's funny how Steve Jobs brings the sheeples to the store to buy a whole new phone when they add one new thing (that most androids have by default or can be added cuz it is not closed system...) or just change the color of the casing. I just don't see much good in overpriced iCrap. Im sorry Apple fans. Nothing personal.

Berto
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Lmao red

Berto
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Hindsight is a great thing. Yeh the updates are pain in the arse.com but I'm in a 2 year contract so I can only pee with the cock iv got.

Berto
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Well I don't care I love my phone (cause I have too) I'm more into jailbreaking for the mods and tweaks not the free apps. The iPhone was my first smart phone I'm now on my second (iphone4) and like smooth says the ui is amazing compared to other phones. Iv tried android phones and didn't like the feel of it.

Jezter
06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
If you are into modding and tweaking, then you most certainly are on the wrong OS! The android mod scene is awesome!

SmoothBob
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
The only thing i like about android is they will host shareware free, Jobs wants full power of veto on ur programme AND charges to host..

But then again, thats why u jailbreak to cut corners..

Berto
06-25-2011, 10:55 PM
If you are into modding and tweaking, then you most certainly are on the wrong OS! The android mod scene is awesome!

I only learned about modding and tweaks when I learnt about jailbreaking, now I know android can do the same thing I will probs still get an iPhone 5, cause I know it and enjoy it, other os are doing great things, but you stick with what you know 

Jezter
06-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I only learned about modding and tweaks when I learnt about jailbreaking, now I know android can do the same thing I will probs still get an iPhone 5, cause I know it and enjoy it, other os are doing great things, but you stick with what you know 

I guess so...just terribly overpriced, but if you have the money, then why not.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2011, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QEfup.png

Jezter
06-28-2011, 04:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QEfup.png

Ooohh this is awesome! :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Android users don't need to jailbreak....Google isn't a Nazi company like Apple. We can already put any app we want on our phones :dance:

:nana:

So have you been able to uninstall Amazon MP3 then :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2011, 05:16 PM
No, I haven't attempted to root it yet :P

PorkChopSandwiches
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
root/jailbreak are the same thing. So andriod still pulls some nazi shit, just not as bad.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
root/jailbreak are the same thing. So andriod still pulls some nazi shit, just not as bad.

I don't think it's Android, I think T-Mobile is the one keeping me from uninstalling some of the apps

PorkChopSandwiches
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
its a partnership between andriod and the provider, thats why if you root the phone you can get rid of all the extra garbage. like blockbuster :mad:

Jezter
06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Android is open source thus they don't need partnership. They can modify the OS to their liking and put that annoying bloatware in. Rooting is simple and can be undone just as easy. I highly recommend it, Lance. You can't brick your phone by doing it.

Berto
06-29-2011, 05:22 PM
nice one porkchop nice to have someone on side.:clap:

Berto
06-29-2011, 05:23 PM
seems like iv started my first fight:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
nice one porkchop nice to have someone on side.:clap:

I use Android btw :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2011, 05:37 PM
And jailbreaking and rooting aren't exactly the same thing....Android phones are fairly easy to root (from reading the tutorials and some phones even have apps to do it for you) whereas crApple goes out of its way to try and prevent people from jailbreaking their phones ;)

PorkChopSandwiches
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
iOS jailbreaking is a process that allows devices running Apple's iOS (also known as iPhone OS prior to iOS 4.0) operating system (such as the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and recently Apple TV) to gain full access (root access) to unlock all features of the said operating system, thereby removing limitations imposed by Apple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

Rooting is a process that allows users of cellphones and other devices running the Android operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's Linux subsystem, similar to jailbreaking on Apple devices running the iOS operating system, overcoming limitations that the carriers and manufacturers put on such phones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
What does that have to do with the statement I posted? :-s

Jezter
06-29-2011, 05:45 PM
iOS has the untethered and tethered thingies too. Untethered obviously being better. Plus AFAIK, iOS needs jailbreak to be able to install 3rd party apps...where as Android allows them even without root... So android has more usability unrooted than iOS un-jailbroken.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM
And jailbreaking and rooting aren't exactly the same thing....Android phones are fairly easy to root (from reading the tutorials and some phones even have apps to do it for you) whereas crApple goes out of its way to try and prevent people from jailbreaking their phones ;)

What does that have to do with the statement I posted? :-s

Because they are exactly the same thing, just another name for getting root access.

Berto
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
I use Android btw :lol:
cool

Berto
06-29-2011, 05:52 PM
crApple ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh:nana:

Berto
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
guys i will be honest with you i know how to JB my phone and anybody elses for that matter but i know nothing about roots my wife talks about them a lot; I didnt know she was a geek.

Jezter
06-29-2011, 06:55 PM
guys i will be honest with you i know how to JB my phone and anybody elses for that matter but i know nothing about roots my wife talks about them a lot; I didnt know she was a geek.

Isn't that a little counterintuitive to know how to do it, but not know what it actually does and enables you to do?
I spent a good amount of time at XDA before rooting to find out exactly what it does to phone and what more it brings to do it. After that, I've spent a looot of time partaking in Android development and there is now even a custom ROM by a Finn. Not me, but I've helped with testing it since not many finns there and easier to provide feedback in finnish. So why root/JB if you are not going to take full advantage of new found root privileges!

Berto
06-29-2011, 07:13 PM
its not something i have learned, i dont get much time online and the time i do have is for other things, anyway where does it say you have to learn everything, i like having themes ringtones and the occasional tweak, I know I can do a hell of lot more but im a user not a writer.
XDA?? so thats just like chronic dev?

Jezter
06-29-2011, 07:21 PM
It doesn't say anywhere you have to learn everything... just that if you root/jailbreak in the first place, I guess you are more interested in the capabilities of the phone and want to use it fully. Or is iPhone so crappy without JB that you have to do it just have it useable? ;)

XDA is a community where developers develop more tweaks, apps, scripts, themes, Custom ROMs, etc. All the joys of the open source thing. :)

Berto
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Pretty much I have to JB to get what I need to make phone useable ie; frash to use flash winterboard to change themes and some of tge amazing themes. I love pulling my phone out and other iOS users say how does yours look like/do that lol. I normally show it off then teach them.
Cydia is fantastic some of you guys do amazing things, I drive trucks lol if you want a journey routed I'm your man.

Jezter
06-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Pretty much I have to JB to get what I need to make phone useable ie; frash to use flash winterboard to change themes and some of tge amazing themes. I love pulling my phone out and other iOS users say how does yours look like/do that lol. I normally show it off then teach them.
Cydia is fantastic some of you guys do amazing things, I drive trucks lol if you want a journey routed I'm your man.

Nice! :tup: Im glad you take advantage of the Jailbreak and make the phone look and work like you want it to. And to teach others is good too. Im not trying to force feed you, but you sound like someone who enjoys tweaking and such...so when you are going to change your phone next time, should consider an android device. More power, more opportunities... but if you are used to iOS and it does enough to satisfy you, then no probs.

Even if Im not a crApple fan at all, I still don't mean any of my anti-apple stuff personally. I hope you have not been offended or upset by my pro-Android talk.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Apple will nickel and dime you to death for every little thing you want, unless you JB

Jezter
06-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Apple will nickel and dime you to death for every little thing you want, unless you JB
Yeah..it is just ridiculous how they sell you a whole new phone to introduce a new feature, or a new color, that could be possible to have in the old one cuz the hardware is there...but they just want more moneez!

Berto
06-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Cheers jezter any advice is always appreciated, do u get the idea porkchop doesn't like iOS too lol

Jezter
06-29-2011, 08:09 PM
There aren't many apple fans here altogether. You are a rare breed. :P

I think PCS was an early adopter and he got his android phone quite early when it came out. If my memory serves correctly.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
I actually like apples products. I just don't like the lack of flexibility. I got the G1 when Android first came out and have been a fan since. If I can get my work to pay for it, I would rock an iPad. I have set a couple up for users here, and they are just cool.

Jezter
06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
iPad does not beat the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-29-2011, 08:26 PM
iPad does not beat the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

I havent got to try that one yet.

Jezter
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I havent got to try that one yet.

They have just recently come out. Check the specs, dude. :tup: iPad2 aint got a chance.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/10.1/spec.html

Berto
06-29-2011, 08:30 PM
I hate the iPad lol better off with a laptop

want a giggle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI99t9k4aEE

Berto
06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
and if i was to get a pad it would be samsungs

Berto
06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
They have just recently come out. Check the specs, dude. :tup: iPad2 aint got a chance.

Just checked it out Jezter what a nice machine.

Jezter
06-29-2011, 08:49 PM
:tup:

Goofy
06-30-2011, 07:27 PM
I actually like apples products. I just don't like the lack of flexibility.

I've never bought an Apple product and never will for that very reason......... fuck them and their itunes pish :x You know i bought my mum a sony walkman mp3 player for christmas and she asked me how to put songs on it........ took me approx 4 seconds to show her ;) Plug it into the pc, wait till the box pops up then drag/drop the songs you want - no installing of crappy itunes :dance: Their prices put me off too - a product with the exact same specs made by another company is generally half the price......... i'm not paying Steve Jobs retirement fund :hand:

Goofy
06-30-2011, 07:29 PM

Probably waaaay better but unfortunately all the icrowd sheep will still buy the ipad2........ then the ipad3........ then the ipad4......... then remortgage the house........ then the ipad5 with built-in reacharound

Goofy
06-30-2011, 07:29 PM
then the ipad5 with built-in reacharound

Actually i think i might buy that one 8-[

Acid Trip
06-30-2011, 07:31 PM

The Acer a500 beats them both. The Samsung doesn't even have a MicroSD slot for crying out loud! I will admit the Samsung has advantages (great screen, lightweight, excellent battery life) but not where it counts (expandability and options).

Jezter
07-01-2011, 07:09 AM
The Acer a500 beats them both. The Samsung doesn't even have a MicroSD slot for crying out loud! I will admit the Samsung has advantages (great screen, lightweight, excellent battery life) but not where it counts (expandability and options).

Eerr... I don't understand what you mean by "options". And expandability might be an issue for some, but you can always get a USB stick or USB adapter for your sd cards... if you for whatever reason need more space. This is why I don't even know what tablets are for. I mean...they are mainly for surfing and basically like oversized smartphones. If you want power, space and more usability, just get a laptop ffs. Tablet is no good for movie watching and gaming.

Jezter
07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Oh and that Acer a500 aka ICONIA comes with "1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, micro-SD card slot for up to 32GB internal memory," So...even if you get that max 32GB memcard, you still have less total memory than 64GB Tab 10.1..so I don't know how much that microSD slot helps you really.

Berto
07-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Em this a jailbreakme thread why you talkin about pads? Is it that time of the month again? Iv just jailbreaked with the new jailbreakme and it's very quick and easy just go to safari-jailbreakme.com-install how nice :)

samarchepas
07-16-2011, 05:12 PM
It's funny really...One of Apple's devs says that ios 5 can't be hacked and...the next DAY the hack comes out :lol:

Berto
07-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Lol true. The newest update is a jailbreak killer don't touch it !! iOS 4.3.3 is ok but the one after is only there to kill your jb CAUTION!!