PDA

View Full Version : Sex offender reportedly in custody after missing SC woman found 'chained like a dog' in metal container

Teh One Who Knocks
11-04-2016, 11:24 AM
FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/AzNhJAcm.jpg
Kala Brown and Charlie Carver. (Anderson Police Department)

The search for a South Carolina couple who vanished in August led to a dramatic discovery Thursday when investigators found the missing woman alive, chained by her neck in a metal storage container on a property some 50 miles from her home, FoxCarolina.com reported.

Kala Brown, 30, was freed, and the owner of the overgrown property in the Woodruff area -- reportedly a convicted kidnapper and sex offender -- was arrested.

https://i.imgur.com/21Vql7om.jpg
Todd Kohlhepp. (Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office)

Brown, from Anderson, was discovered “chained up like a dog,” Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said. Her captor reportedly was feeding her in the container.

“It’s all by God’s grace we found that little girl alive,” Wright added.

The property owner was listed as Todd Kohlhepp, the report said, citing tax records. Kohlhepp was arrested Thursday morning, according to the sheriff.

Kohlhepp, a real estate agent, was also reportedly a convicted sex offender listed on the state’s registry. He was convicted of kidnapping in Arizona in 1987, the website reported.

Brown worked for Kohlhepp, The Greenville News reported.

Brown, 30, and her boyfriend Charlie Carver, 32, disappeared in late August. Carver's whereabouts remain unknown, but the sheriff warned there may be as many as four bodies on the property.

Brown and Carver had been together for several months and moved in together in the summer. Carver was in the middle of getting a divorce from his wife, according to Fox Carolina.

The search for the couple made headlines last month when new posts mysteriously appeared on Carver’s Facebook account.

Carver's profile picture changed on Sept. 6. A message appeared saying they just packed up and left and that they were fine.

According to the station, the couple's families believe Carver’s account was hacked because the posts were “uncharacteristic of ones typically made by Charlie.”

deebakes
11-04-2016, 12:35 PM
:wtf2:

Hugh_Janus
11-06-2016, 09:53 AM
#sexpet

Hikari Kisugi
11-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Reports are he has admitted murdering at least and up to 7 potentially.
She was alive, she might be the lucky one :/

lost in melb.
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Yep, exhuming corpses as we speak. Sick

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2016, 01:04 PM
Travis Gettys - Raw Story

A suspected serial killer left chilling clues — sprinkled with Eagles lyrics — in dozens of Amazon product reviews.

Todd Kohlhepp has been charged with kidnapping Kala Brown and is suspected of killing her boyfriend, Charlie Carver, and possibly six other people.

Investigators in Spartanburg County, South Carolina, are examining 140 product reviews that Kolhepp apparently posted on Amazon after purchasing 95 secluded acres near Woodruff nearly two and a half years ago, reported The Greenville News.

The reviews, which were posted under the name “me” but were linked to a wish list for Kohlhepp, covered a variety of items that may have been used to abduct and kill his victims.

“solid locks.. have 5 on a shipping container.. wont stop them.. but sure will slow them down til they are too old to care. (sic)” the reviewer posted.

Another review, posted in September 2014, praised a knife’s quality: “havnet (sic) stabbed anyone yet…… yet…. but I am keeping the dream alive and when I do, it will be with a quality tool like this…”

The same user urged consumers to keep a folding shovel in their car “for when you have to hide the bodies and you left the full size shovel at home…. does not come with a midget, which would have been nice.”

The 30-year-old Brown, who went missing with her boyfriend in August, was found chained by the neck and ankles in a metal shed, and Carver’s body was found shot to death and buried on Kohlhepp’s property.

Kohlhepp pleaded guilty in 1987 to kidnapping and committing a dangerous crime against children in the first degree, and he served all 15 years of his sentence and was released in 2001.

According to court records, Kohlhepp, then 15, used his father’s handgun to force a 14-year-old neighbor into his home, where he restrained her with duct tape and raped the girl.

Prosecutors were furious that Kohlhepp was allowed to plead guilty to a non-sexual crime.

“It would appear that his behavior has been progressively worsening and now, it has escalated to the point where he has sexually assaulted an innocent child,” wrote Kim Otto, a deputy adult probation officer. “One can only speculate as to where the defendant’s behavior will lead. It is this writer’s opinion that it is this type of individual, one with little or no conscience, who presents the greatest risk to the community.”

After his release from prison, Kohlhepp moved from Arizona to South Carolina, got a pilot’s license, earned a degree at the University of South Carolina Upstate and pursued a real estate career.

The reviews linked to Kohlhepp’s wish list occasionally refer to the Eagles song, “Hotel California,” where guests “can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.”

“now my locks have locks… place is hotel california now..” the reviewer posted in January 2015.

Kohlhepp may have posted lyrics from “Hotel California” on Carver’s Facebook page Oct. 1, more than a month after the couple went missing.

“Last thing I remember, I was running for the door,” the post read. “I had to find the passage back to the place I was before. ‘Relax,’ said the night man. ‘We are programmed to receive. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.’”

deebakes
11-08-2016, 01:45 PM
:shock: