View Full Version : McConnell says GOP will quickly repeal Obamacare

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2016, 07:48 PM
By Burgess Everett - Politico

http://i.imgur.com/PsBJE0v.jpg

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell signaled the Senate would move swiftly to repeal Obamacare now that the GOP Congress will have a Republican president next year.

"It's pretty high on our agenda as you know," the Kentucky Republican said on Wednesday. "I would be shocked if we didn't move forward and keep our commitment to the American people."

McConnell would not explicitly commit to using budget reconciliation to repeal the healthcare law, though it's the likely path for Republicans to repeal the law, as they have only a narrow Senate majority next year.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Get shit done while you can.... of course in 2 years the (D)s could get slaughtered as I think 20 of them are up for reelection

RBP
11-10-2016, 06:06 AM
Get shit done while you can.... of course in 2 years the (D)s could get slaughtered as I think 20 of them are up for reelection

That's not usually what happens - balance swings back. Trumps got 2 years unless he knocks it out of the park.

lost in melb.
11-10-2016, 06:35 AM
IF that...get moving on the useful bits (i.e. building stuff).

And for heavens sake, don't start rounding up illegals

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2016, 03:44 PM
There will be no illegal roundup. What I see happening is as illegals get picked up on crimes they will be deported as opposed to released back into the streets. Also the border patrol will be able to do their job

deebakes
11-10-2016, 05:38 PM
:wavey: