PDA

View Full Version : White House Doesn’t Rule Out Pardoning Hillary Clinton

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Alex Pfeiffer, Reporter - The Daily Caller

http://i.imgur.com/zzWWjOk.jpg

White House press secretary Josh Earnest did not rule out the possibility of President Barack Obama pardoning Hillary Clinton before he leaves office in January on Wednesday.

“Donald Trump during the campaign pledged to jail Hillary Clinton if he was elected over the federal investigations that are underway. Some legal experts have said President Obama could close off that opportunity if he pardons Hillary Clinton. Is that something that the president is considering doing?,” a reporter asked Earnest at the daily White House press briefing.

“As you know, the president has offered clemency to a substantial amount of Americans who were previously serving time in federal prisons and we didn’t talk in advance about the president’s plans to offer clemency to any of these individuals,” Earnest replied. He added, “That’s because we don’t talk about the president’s thinking, particularly with respect to any specific cases that may apply to pardons or commutations.”

Obama has granted 944 commutations and 70 pardons.

Pony
11-10-2016, 12:19 PM
If he pardons her isn't that admitting that she is guilty of committing crimes?

RBP
11-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Yes. So what. Pardon her and keep her off my TV and my web browser forever. I don't care, time to moveon.org.

deebakes
11-10-2016, 01:41 PM
:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Pardon her of what? She hasn't been charged with anything. If she's not charged with anything, what can he pardon her for?

Oh! Comey, you sly devil! You knew this was a possibility and you and your boys in the FBI were rooting for Trump all along. Obama can't issue pardons if he's not the President. Ha ha ha ha!

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2016, 04:19 PM
preventative pardon :lol:

Muddy
11-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Get out of jail free card to use later.. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Yeah, even though she hasn't been charged with anything, he can write the pardon in a way that she cannot be charged in the future for anything pertaining to the e-mails/private server/classified documents issue.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2016, 04:58 PM
That's right. Ford did that with Nixon. Bush Sr did that too with a former staff member, although I can't remember who it was exactly.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2016, 05:00 PM
In that case...

Pretty much. I bet it would ruin her reputation in the political arena.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2016, 05:21 PM
The Clintons will be moving to the Middle East with all the stolen Clinton cash

Goofy
11-10-2016, 06:35 PM
In that case...

Yep, and Obama's!

Godfather
11-11-2016, 03:51 AM
Is Comey going to keep his job 6 more months? :lol:

RBP
11-11-2016, 11:23 AM

:lol: Her reputation now is she's a manipulative, corrupt, bitch. Hate to ruin that.

RBP
11-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Is Comey going to keep his job 6 more months? :lol:

Yes but his boss at Justice will change.